Accidents at the wrong time

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaurepasGnD said:
Yeah, this was actually my first(and probably last as I didn't really enjoy it even outside of that incident) time taking any class that required scheduled proctoring for the exams.

You should probably not forgo classes which might benefit you because of this. I know it can be tough, I've had plenty of bm accidents during exams so I know it's not the best situation :( , but it's manageable.... If the exam/class is important you should take it. I'm sure there is something which you can get help with (separate room, toilet privileges)

miapeters said:
You should probably not forgo classes which might benefit you because of this. I know it can be tough, I've had plenty of bm accidents during exams so I know it's not the best situation :( , but it's manageable.... If the exam/class is important you should take it. I'm sure there is something which you can get help with (separate room, toilet privileges)
Oh definitely, I'm just probably going to take those classes in person. I find I have a much better expierience, both in this regard and in actually learning the subject by taking them in person. I took them online this time thinking it would help mine and my wife's schedule and not being able to talk to the professor in person, and being unprepared for how proctored exams work kind of bit me this time around, and I don't think I'm going to repeat that mistake.

MaurepasGnD said:
Oh definitely, I'm just probably going to take those classes in person. I find I have a much better expierience, both in this regard and in actually learning the subject by taking them in person. I took them online this time thinking it would help mine and my wife's schedule and not being able to talk to the professor in person, and being unprepared for how proctored exams work kind of bit me this time around, and I don't think I'm going to repeat that mistake.

Haven't taken anything online but I do think going for an actual class has it's benefits, depending on how good the teachers are. Whenever I have a bm or just a full diaper I would miss part of the class when I go to change but I can always keep up, basically my incontinence doesn't always decide what I do, just how I do it.

miapeters said:
Haven't taken anything online but I do think going for an actual class has it's benefits, depending on how good the teachers are. Whenever I have a bm or just a full diaper I would miss part of the class when I go to change but I can always keep up, basically my incontinence doesn't always decide what I do, just how I do it.

No doubt man, well said. ^__^

It's odd, just yesterday I had a intro. To programming practical exam and I had a bm as I was doing the last question... It was frustrating cause the last program didn't seem to be compiling properly. Excused myself changed and got back to the question with a clear head. Finished the exam successfully and I felt good about it. I'm finished with this semester and its great, get to visit home now!!!

miapeters said:
It's odd, just yesterday I had a intro. To programming practical exam and I had a bm as I was doing the last question... It was frustrating cause the last program didn't seem to be compiling properly. Excused myself changed and got back to the question with a clear head. Finished the exam successfully and I felt good about it. I'm finished with this semester and its great, get to visit home now!!!

Some time getting away for a bit can help you solve multiple problems.

miapeters said:
...I had a intro. To programming practical exam ... Excused myself changed and got back to the question with a clear head. Finished the exam successfully ...

This is rare and surprising. I have found that during most exams at the collegiate level you are not allowed to leave once they have begun. Doing so means you forfeit the rest of the test if you haven't finished. This is usually a time that I am thankful (for once) to be wearing protection. I have had many maths and science exams that last for 2-3 hours (the fun ones are when you're only given 4 problems to solve and they still take the the full 2-3 hours). It is inevitable that someone, or multiple people, will start doing that silent "pee-pee dance" in their seats where they're kinda squirming about a bit, maybe taking a deep breath or two. Sometimes you'll see one approach the professor/proctor and then return to their seats dejected at the response to their query just to resume the "dance". Other times you see some give in and leave.

I have had several classmates over the years tell me that they refrain from any liquids for fear of that exact situation. It seems to happen during the longer exams. I haven't ever noticed it as a problem during the shorter 1 hour tests. However, I think you should count yourself lucky that you were/are able to leave during an exam in that class. It's rare.

Llayden said:
This is rare and surprising. I have found that during most exams at the collegiate level you are not allowed to leave once they have begun. Doing so means you forfeit the rest of the test if you haven't finished. This is usually a time that I am thankful (for once) to be wearing protection. I have had many maths and science exams that last for 2-3 hours (the fun ones are when you're only given 4 problems to solve and they still take the the full 2-3 hours). It is inevitable that someone, or multiple people, will start doing that silent "pee-pee dance" in their seats where they're kinda squirming about a bit, maybe taking a deep breath or two. Sometimes you'll see one approach the professor/proctor and then return to their seats dejected at the response to their query just to resume the "dance". Other times you see some give in and leave.

I have had several classmates over the years tell me that they refrain from any liquids for fear of that exact situation. It seems to happen during the longer exams. I haven't ever noticed it as a problem during the shorter 1 hour tests. However, I think you should count yourself lucky that you were/are able to leave during an exam in that class. It's rare.

Actually I take exams in a separate room, staying with a bm accident in the diaper isn't good for the skin and if the smell escapes it's a problem so I'm allowed to change in a specific toilet, it doesn't happen often but when it does I really don't want to stay in a full diaper. I have officially gotten permission for this cause it is a medical condition,

I suggest two pairs of gary active briefs in a smaller and larger size. They contain bm's and smell well. Adult briefs that are all plastic keep the odor it which is why I wear these for travelling or places where I can't change myself after a bowel movement. If you are wearing a 24/7 brief and two pairs of gary pants (dark color is better), you should be able to hide smell. I also suggest abena fecal pad inside a diaper for containment and easier clean up. This pad has wings which keep the waste in and keep it from soiling the outer diaper. Seated accidents tend to smell more because they spread out more.

As for issues about leakage when sitting on a hard surface, I would avoid doing that unless you are dry and clean.

chestnut7718 said:
I suggest two pairs of gary active briefs in a smaller and larger size. They contain bm's and smell well. Adult briefs that are all plastic keep the odor it which is why I wear these for travelling or places where I can't change myself after a bowel movement. If you are wearing a 24/7 brief and two pairs of gary pants (dark color is better), you should be able to hide smell. I also suggest abena fecal pad inside a diaper for containment and easier clean up. This pad has wings which keep the waste in and keep it from soiling the outer diaper. Seated accidents tend to smell more because they spread out more.

As for issues about leakage when sitting on a hard surface, I would avoid doing that unless you are dry and clean.

Yeah, the plastic pants help but still it's not good to stay in a bm filled diaper. And yes, if I have a bm while sitting it feels really bad too, plus the clean up is more :( .

Anyone who is in school be it primary or secondary ,and has IC issues need to sit down with the school administration and hash out an Individual Education Plan(IEP) , The IEP will spell out your medical needs and requirements to be successfull in your education , no matter what the disability or the need , it can be accommodated for and probably has been already.
There is a University near me that has a large class of autism spectrum adults , they found that overweight and sometimes obese students with autism need an incentive to shed some weight and be active,well they have regular incentives plus a big incentive for students before graduating , this year those senior students are going to climb Mt. Kilmanjaroo and a safari for 3 weeks before graduation, this is part of there IEP, so making known your special needs is not always your favorite thing to do , but can have benefits of making your education less stressful and anxiety ridden allowing you untold success in the future, the right school can also make a difference a friend of mine thru the same school became an awesome wheelchair basketball player ,he has been around the world several times and has left that school to finish his education in France because he was invited to play and learn on a league in France, full ride scholarship to a master's degree via wheelchair basketball , don't be afraid to speak up about your needs ,it could be the key to a great future and if nothing else a better education experience.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Great advice Tetra. This is a very true thing. As I have had IEPs for my own children (not diaper or IC related), I know that what you are saying is true. If you have a medical or other issue that may set you aside from the norm, there are methods and LAWS that will allow you certain adaptations for you to accomplish your scholastic work. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act requires specific consideration for individuals with disabilities (including being IC) where reasonable accommodations must be given and is quite specific in the educational process.

If you are IC, I can guarantee you that if you have a doctor's documentation, the school (whether elementary, high school, and even college) is required to provide you with accommodations for your condition. It isn't something you should be ashamed about, and it certainly is something that you should address with them, for both yourself and others. This isn't just for children, but adults too.

There are also laws about reasonable accommodations in the workplace. There is a legal requirement for employers to consider individuals disabilities and provide reasonable accommodation for the disability that will allow them to complete their jobs. Being IC is one of those conditions that employers must provide reasonable accommodation without discrimination for.

Please look into this. It will give you great allowances and reduce so much of the stress that you might be feeling about having a noticable accident.

:detective3
Teddy Bear Cowboy

note: the previous discussion pertains to U.S. laws and statutes. But other countries also often have similar laws that should be examined.

Tetra said:
Anyone who is in school be it primary or secondary ,and has IC issues need to sit down with the school administration and hash out an Individual Education Plan(IEP) , The IEP will spell out your medical needs and requirements to be successfull in your education , no matter what the disability or the need , it can be accommodated for and probably has been already.
There is a University near me that has a large class of autism spectrum adults , they found that overweight and sometimes obese students with autism need an incentive to shed some weight and be active,well they have regular incentives plus a big incentive for students before graduating , this year those senior students are going to climb Mt. Kilmanjaroo and a safari for 3 weeks before graduation, this is part of there IEP, so making known your special needs is not always your favorite thing to do , but can have benefits of making your education less stressful and anxiety ridden allowing you untold success in the future, the right school can also make a difference a friend of mine thru the same school became an awesome wheelchair basketball player ,he has been around the world several times and has left that school to finish his education in France because he was invited to play and learn on a league in France, full ride scholarship to a master's degree via wheelchair basketball , don't be afraid to speak up about your needs ,it could be the key to a great future and if nothing else a better education experience.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Definitely, no reason you shouldn't get help from your school/college, actually I don't think it's possible without it specially for bowel incontinence as well.

I've had a multitude of accidents that were poorly timed. The most recent incident I was on a city bus heading home from a psych appointment, and all of a sudden I felt the very common feeling of a BM coming on. Thought I could at least make it to my stop before all hell broke loose, but my body rejected that idea and I filled my diaper quickly and loudly. I have IBS as well as severe urge incontinence and I am rarely out in public without being diapered. But I wish I didn't have BM's in public. I don't mind at home where I can easily clean up, but having to be in a messed diaper in public for any amount of time is super embarassing. Yes I carry a diaper bag everywhere I go, but I have a phobia of public restrooms and going in to change myself although necessary is a huge obstacle for me.

I was out shopping (while wearing a diaper under my clothes) I had to make several stops and was out a bit longer than I expected. At the last stop I had to go badly, and quickly finished my purchases and got into my car for the 25 minute ride home. the urges to go became more and more intense and I couldn't hold it anymore. I thought that if I peed a little the pain and pressure would resolve, it didn't I couldn't stop it and on top of that I had a nasty bm too. The ride home takes 25 minutes, but just today the traffic was terrible so that added more time to the trip. I had never had a bm in a diaper and it disturbed me. When I arrived home my husband was home, he was supposed to be out ; I entered the house stinking with a squishy bm in my diaper that I sat in and a saturated diaper and my pants were very wet. I was so embarrassed. Now I noticed that if I get the urge to pee, I have to go soon or I will leak, I cannot hold it for long at all. Recently the bm situation is becoming similar to my bladder.

alwayz said:
I was out shopping (while wearing a diaper under my clothes) I had to make several stops and was out a bit longer than I expected. At the last stop I had to go badly, and quickly finished my purchases and got into my car for the 25 minute ride home. the urges to go became more and more intense and I couldn't hold it anymore. I thought that if I peed a little the pain and pressure would resolve, it didn't I couldn't stop it and on top of that I had a nasty bm too. The ride home takes 25 minutes, but just today the traffic was terrible so that added more time to the trip. I had never had a bm in a diaper and it disturbed me. When I arrived home my husband was home, he was supposed to be out ; I entered the house stinking with a squishy bm in my diaper that I sat in and a saturated diaper and my pants were very wet. I was so embarrassed. Now I noticed that if I get the urge to pee, I have to go soon or I will leak, I cannot hold it for long at all. Recently the bm situation is becoming similar to my bladder.

Several times I've had bad accidents while shopping. Unfortunately I had to take a bus home which made it worse if there was nowhere to change. I guess when your incontinent you have to be ready for situations like this.

It may strike as odd, but I think if I was incontinent and in a position where I couldn't really afford to have a BM interrupt, such as an exam, important work meeting, or other important event, I would just make use of a butt-plug as long as it's a short period of time. Preventing voiding doesn't really help anyone and voiding as soon as possible is the healthiest way, but if it's something that I can't afford that to happen in, a bp would be my bet.

Themanswifesman said:
It may strike as odd, but I think if I was incontinent and in a position where I couldn't really afford to have a BM interrupt, such as an exam, important work meeting, or other important event, I would just make use of a butt-plug as long as it's a short period of time. Preventing voiding doesn't really help anyone and voiding as soon as possible is the healthiest way, but if it's something that I can't afford that to happen in, a bp would be my bet.

Maybe, but for something like an exam they are really uncomfortable to be in, after a few minutes there's like a sharp pain from it. It just seems like too much to go through for just that.

* Never go under or un - diapered if you have bowel urgency or full on bowel incon! After my surgery decades ago it was rather a shock to realize my bowels were not under my control. It took several months before the full on incontinence became just severe urgency. I was assured by the doctors that it would improve with time. Right. Ha. I still needed protection as the urgency didn't give me enough time to get in a bathroom, take my diaper off and sit.Multiple efforts at such simply made a mess of me and the bathroom. It became easier to just use the diaper and only then go about a complete clean up. Mia, It does get easier, though never pleasant, as you age. By the time I had my surgery (mid 30's) I owned my own business and the incon issues were easily concealed and kept private. I won't say I haven't suffered my share of embarrassing moments but for the most part I have survived just fine. I think if I was working around others all the time I would probably have developed what are my current methods sooner (discussed in the post about public changing). Adequate precautions (Nullo, Desitin and superior protection with plastic pants) can allow one to wait it out until one gets home for a complete clean up. Severe urgency, while maybe not full on bowel incon, can be equally disruptive. Life is complicated enough without having these issues. But, as one ages, you find a comfort level with how you manage it, generally come to accept the situation (like we have a choice), and learn from experience. I was a diapered bedwetter into my early teens so diapers weren't something new to me. I already had a small ab/dl side to me so it was probably easier for me to accept. Even so, I don't think anyone in his or her right mind would want this. I still manage to do most of the things I did before (golf, kayak, long walks etc.) but I just have to make sure my level of protection is adequate and I've taken all the precautions.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
jack3295 said:
* Never go under or un - diapered if you have bowel urgency or full on bowel incon! After my surgery decades ago it was rather a shock to realize my bowels were not under my control. It took several months before the full on incontinence became just severe urgency. I was assured by the doctors that it would improve with time. Right. Ha. I still needed protection as the urgency didn't give me enough time to get in a bathroom, take my diaper off and sit.Multiple efforts at such simply made a mess of me and the bathroom. It became easier to just use the diaper and only then go about a complete clean up. Mia, It does get easier, though never pleasant, as you age. By the time I had my surgery (mid 30's) I owned my own business and the incon issues were easily concealed and kept private. I won't say I haven't suffered my share of embarrassing moments but for the most part I have survived just fine. I think if I was working around others all the time I would probably have developed what are my current methods sooner (discussed in the post about public changing). Adequate precautions (Nullo, Desitin and superior protection with plastic pants) can allow one to wait it out until one gets home for a complete clean up. Severe urgency, while maybe not full on bowel incon, can be equally disruptive. Life is complicated enough without having these issues. But, as one ages, you find a comfort level with how you manage it, generally come to accept the situation (like we have a choice), and learn from experience. I was a diapered bedwetter into my early teens so diapers weren't something new to me. I already had a small ab/dl side to me so it was probably easier for me to accept. Even so, I don't think anyone in his or her right mind would want this. I still manage to do most of the things I did before (golf, kayak, long walks etc.) but I just have to make sure my level of protection is adequate and I've taken all the precautions.

Yes, I'm actually always wearing protection, ever since I was small I could never control my bladder or bowels so being without protection is something I've never really done. Since last year my bm's have increased and I'm having bigger accidents but still manageable. During the night I have two bm accidents during my sleep and wake up with a full diaper >.< it's just a really gross clean up to have to do every morning.
I take precaution definitely, plastic pants, barrier cream. Anything to help. Diaper rash is my main enemy, I've been able to avoid it for such a long time though.

But as a lot of people on this thread have said, changing when out and about isn't easy. Especially with heavy bm accidents clean up is time consuming.
There was an instance on the bus where I had two bowel accidents in a row and nowhere to change, I had to awkwardly walk to my apartment to change and it was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back