What are you prepared to pay for your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I've been spending an incredible amount of time on (second, DL) Instagram and it's been my gateway into new diapers for the ABDL market. Who knew!! :p

That being said, I've stopped myself trying new things, purely because of the price! So I guess, despite how long you've been wearing, what you wear, how often you wear... what's the most you'll pay for a diaper, or "per diaper" equivalent? Admittedly, I'm a bit thrifty, so value for money is important to me.

I try to draw the line at £1 (circa $1.25) per diaper equivalent.

Understandably, IC products like Tena and Abena come in well below that. I'm absolutely crazy for Crinklz right now, as they're coming in at less than 80p a diaper when bought as 4x 15 packs. We then get Rearz and ABU which are a bit over the £1/diaper mark by comparison... but still not a deal-breaker for me, given what they offer.

At the end of the day though, a diaper is a diaper. Some suck, some don't, and I'm not always seeing a direct correlation between quality and price.

But... I then find so many DLs are going to resellers and paying in excess of £2-£3/diaper for one or two diapers!? You may know as well of online resellers – especially in Europe – who only sell diapers as singles, making an absolutely massive markup on their stock.

That seems totally crazy to me, but is it really that crazy?
Or is there actually a big market for people buying in such small quantity as such a mammoth price?
Is money (or hiding space) really that tight that spending a fiver on 2 diapers is the only option?

I think my concern through all of this is that both the manufacturers and resellers will clock on to the idea that people really will pay up for 'novelty' diapers. Dotty Diaper Company are already having some success selling ten (albeit very cute!) diapers for £20 (≈ $25), with that trend being followed by other new brands too.

...And granted, it's all about supply and demand, and what people really are prepared to pay for goods. Personally though, if that price-hike trend continues, someone like me has to seriously consider what financial implications come from my DL lifestyle :(

Thoughts?

D.

$2 each is my current ceiling for a commonly used diaper. I'll pay more for a sample or some special thing that is new and different but that's the regular high point. I'd prefer to pay around what you described. The diapers I wore most often (Depends Protection with Tabs) were cheaper than that but they've gone to clothlike backing, so I'm looking for a new day to day diaper that I really like.

Trevor said:
$2 each is my current ceiling for a commonly used diaper. I'll pay more for a sample or some special thing that is new and different but that's the regular high point. I'd prefer to pay around what you described. The diapers I wore most often (Depends Protection with Tabs) were cheaper than that but they've gone to clothlike backing, so I'm looking for a new day to day diaper that I really like.

I hear that! I can appreciate too the added complication of PE or cloth backing, and the premium impact it has as a personal preference.
Crinklz have become my "day to day" because they're the cheapest plastic-backed printed diaper available this side of the pond. Otherwise it's cloth-backed Tena Slips... which are definitely nowhere near as cute :biggrin:

Just over 2000.00 KRW is my max.

$2/each is my max, but that's for case prices. I'm willing to pay a bit more if circumstances dictate I order a smaller quantity, just so long as I could get it for that price if I was in a situation where I could pick the more economical option.

That said, I only do that rationalization for infrequent orders. e.g. I'd spend $3/diaper for a smaller pack, but then the pack would last me as long or longer than if I'd ordered a case at $2/diaper but used them daily.

My personal goal is getting something for as close to $1 as possible. I only wear every couple days at best, and sometimes can go weeks without wearing at all, so I just aim to get something that I'll enjoy, not necessarily something that needs to hold a lot.

My cutoff is $1.75 and I prefer closer to $1.50 each or less. I might pay $1.75 for something great but the aesthetics don't really matter to me so I can easily get what I need for less than $1.50 each.

I'm in the U.S., so American dollars is what I know.

I currently pay about $1.67 per diaper and I'm not prepared to go above that.

I wear Northshore Supreme diapers every night. They are also my favorite diaper. Of course I haven't tried any of the ABDL designer diapers (other than Bambino) because they are well over that price point.

The only comparable diaper I'm familiar with that is cheaper is the XP medical A+. But that isn't truly equivalent to the Northshore.

Long story short: I'm not prepared to pay more than $1.67. Oh. I already said that :)

I looked at the Wearing Clouds site and they were selling singles for up to $4 each. Too much for me. My cutoff is $2 each and that's pushing it.

I've generally been frugal when it comes to getting my diapers. I always get cases, so the price is fairly low, but Space and Bellissimo are so premium, it's still rather expensive. If I get more diapers, I'll be going for Dry 24/7's as they're the best fitting imo. Even if I am spending 112/case at xpmedical, that's around $1.55/unit, which isn't bad.

Although, Bambino is about to come out with their Magnifico, which I'm willing to spend a lot on regardless. They're essentially giant, ultra absorbent goodnites with re-tapeable sides. Plus, they're SO comfy and breathable! I still have one of the prototypes lying around that I try on every now and then just to remind me of what I'm saving my money for :D

Now, about what OP said about small orders and extreme mark-up, I only ever get samples of things I want to try out (to potentially get a case later) or to get something I wouldn't even get a bulk order for a marked down price but I want to try anyway, such as the Pink Princess. I don't feel like paying the same amount for 36 of them when I can double the amount with roughly the same absorbency and much more comfort (at least in my case...I really dig Dry 24/7's sizes). So I just get a sample once every few months or so, just to try something new for a relatively negligible price, even if it means the diapers are 2 for $14.

For samples and small numbers of diapers, it depends on the diaper. I will gladly pay high prices for AB or special diapers.

When you talk about a case or a larger supply of diapers, I try to keep it under $2 but again, it depends on the specifics of the diaper itself.

I don't wear 24/7 (in fact the average is probably once a week) so the price is not as much of a concern is it would be if I wore 24/7.

Well I just broke over the AUD$5 mark per nappy for Super Boompa but have been paying as little as AUD$2.06 for SDKv2s and around AUD$2.63 for Cushies v2s (in small quantity.)

Over $5 a nappy seems crazy but my OCD wouldn't let me not order some.

Not sure what I would pay to try MyDiaper Pink Night so avoiding searching!

I try to stick to about £1 sterling excluding delivery. Occasionally I'll spend 2 or 3 times that just to try out a rare import brand, but I'd only buy one or two individual diapers at that price.

I try to stay under 2$ if I can, and it's a bit difficult because I love Bambinos, and the Abu Space, otherwise I stick with Abena and Molicare, also 24/7, but I decided to purge and buy a case (36) of the Rearz Seduction, just because I loved the Safari Sample I tried, and I want to wear some black diapees sooooo badly. I really want the Princess Rearz, but they are way more expensive, and I will have to save that for a different time.

Daytime diapers I'd like to go with one stanard diaper and see under $1. For overnight I need capacity and like a variety and those can be $1.50-$2, with a few high end ones when I want something special. A few of my diapers here cost upwards of $3.50/pc, but those don't get used very often.

$95 for two bags of 12 of the replica baby dry :( owell it's only money?

"What's you order for $95? what're you going to do with that?" "I'm gonna piss all over them and throw them away!" :laugh: "no, really, what are you going to do with...."

Last edited:
bambinod said:
$95 for two bags of 12 of the replica baby dry :( owell it's only money?

"What's you order for $95? what're you going to do with that?" "I'm gonna piss all over them and throw them away!" :laugh: "no, really, what are you going to do with...."

Oops sorry! Normally it's me that pays through the nose 'cause I can't wait....

I have an idea what you could do with 1 or 2 of them.... post these beauties to me!

Day time diapers my insurance pays for. Night ones 1.50 ea is about my limit.

I don't have a per-diaper limit per sey, although it's hard for me to stomach more than usd$1.75 or so. I somewhat begrudgingly pay about $1.60 for dry 24/7 in case quantities - and that feels steep.
I have splurged from time to time on more expensive lines, but those are always in small quantities if I'm paying more than $2. And I've essentially never crossed the $3 mark. For daytime thin diapers, I try to pay under $1. If money were no object, I'd probably lean toward the wellness superio for daytime but they're too expensive. So now I use tranquility when I'm out and about. (Remember that I only wear for pleasure/psych need, not physical inc need). Those are pretty cheap all said and done.

In general, I try to save using my more expensive diapers for when I know I have a longer time to wear - in that sense, I'm aiming for a good cost/hour ratio. For dry 24/7, I usually won't wear one if I don't have at least a couple hours, and preferably 4-5. Thinking about it that way, I'm looking to get my prices down in the .30/hour range for my diaper habit.

Lol. This is crazy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most I've ever paid was £2.60 per nappy including shipping, for a 10-pack of ABU Space, back when they first came to the UK. Though that was because I foolishly didn't claim the VAT exemption. I'm prepared to pay up to £3 per nappy for samples, but for regular use, £1.50 at most. In practise, I have mainly used the Tena Slip Maxi, and it's successor, the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit, which can be obtained for about £0.67 per nappy when bought in bulk. At weekends or holidays, I'll use ABU products as well, which come closer to £1.50 when bought in bulk.

Akastus said:
The most I've ever paid was £2.60 per nappy including shipping, for a 10-pack of ABU Space, back when they first came to the UK. Though that was because I foolishly didn't claim the VAT exemption. I'm prepared to pay up to £3 per nappy for samples, but for regular use, £1.50 at most. In practise, I have mainly used the Tena Slip Maxi, and it's successor, the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit, which can be obtained for about £0.67 per nappy when bought in bulk. At weekends or holidays, I'll use ABU products as well, which come closer to £1.50 when bought in bulk.
I'm about the same as I buy most of mine now from Nappies r us , but I did buy 2 packs of 28 id super plastic on Amazon for £16.99 each and that's prime as well
stopped buying from save express as it's now £1= 1 euro 6 cent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back