Not open for further replies.

AngelicaPickles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Sucking on pacis are bad for teeth what. E healthy to suck?

They are not bad, thumbs are because they are a lot harder than a paci because it's bone whilst a paci is soft. Pacis are better.

If you suck your thumb already, carry on, I bet they don't really. I think it only happens when your permanent teeth are coming through not after. I don't know I am not a dentist.

If you're sucking for too long every day it'll eventually start shifting your teeth just like braces do.
I forgot who it was, but there's a user here who got an open bite from them.

Not to say that they're all that dangerous, just like anything else, always practice moderation.

After more than 20 years I've frontal teeth moved a little to front. It's not really important. Is true I abuse pacis a lot.

I have sucked my thumb my entire life and have no problems with the alignment of my teeth.

I mostly suck my thumb in bed as I am trying to go to sleep (at night and for naps) and sometimes during the day. I only suck for about 30 minutes a day, so I don't suck that much.

I asked my dentist about sucking on a pasifer he sad that it would be OK as he could see that it would not damage my teath.

I dident get a sticker though.

So i think you will be OK to suck away Little one.

Hee, hee

Sisi

BabyDenise said:
I have sucked my thumb my entire life and have no problems with the alignment of my teeth.

I mostly suck my thumb in bed as I am trying to go to sleep (at night and for naps) and sometimes during the day. I only suck for about 30 minutes a day, so I don't suck that much.

Exactly, if you don't spend every waking moment sucking your thumb you'll be fine,

I had a paci as a kid until I was around 9-ish and do have my front top two teeth pushed forward some, but like others have said it shouldn't be a huge issue as long as you're not constantly using it. Also I've heard that bigger pacis are better (adult-sized if you can get one), I haven't tried baby/toddler-sized pacifiers as an adult so I can't speak of any difference personally.

BunnyAiden said:
I had a paci as a kid until I was around 9-ish and do have my front top two teeth pushed forward some, but like others have said it shouldn't be a huge issue as long as you're not constantly using it. Also I've heard that bigger pacis are better (adult-sized if you can get one), I haven't tried baby/toddler-sized pacifiers as an adult so I can't speak of any difference personally.

I can confirm that, my teeth definitely hurt less with adult sized paci nipple compared to the (largest) baby one.

SoakedSheets said:
Exactly, if you don't spend every waking moment sucking your thumb you'll be fine,

Oops I kinda do that! I have a strong sucking thumb reflex or something! I also keep putting things in my mouth!

Angelic said:
Oops I kinda do that! I have a strong sucking thumb reflex or something! I also keep putting things in my mouth!

hehe. I think that's called oral fixation. I'm a thumb sucker too, but only when I'm stressed out and before bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back