Informing someone their "protection" is showing?

Would you inform a person if their "protection" was showing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Several years ago I was browsing the adult diaper section in a store and a lady walked up and after a few moments stated to me "you can't find your brand either, huh?" I muttered something in acknowledgement but I was actually looking more to see just what was available for disposables even though I am a training underwear / plastic underpants guy. Afterwards I wondered about her bringing up the topic so casually. I decided it was just polite conversation at the time and it actually made me feel good knowing someone else could talk about this topic without being embarrassed.

So my question is would you let another person know if their diaper/protective undergarment was showing and they obviously did not know it? Having started wearing protection on air travel myself, I would like someone to notify me (albeit a private manner if possible) if I was exhibiting my upper waist band / part of my plastic underpants (specifically in the back above my belt) while in public.

When I was about age 6 I recall seeing a boy at school bend over to get something on the playground and his plastic underpants sliding up to where I could see them. My first thought was to point this out to everyone for a quick laugh but then recalling how I wet my sleeping bag several nights at a camp when I was age 5 and my parents put me back into plastic underpants (which turned out to be good thing), I let that bit of humility sink in and decided immediately that causing someone else embarrassment was not right.

I don't normally say anything to people but if I did I'd just say "your underwear is showing" if it was underwear or not

CookieMonstah said:
I don't normally say anything to people but if I did I'd just say "your underwear is showing" if it was underwear or not
I agree with CookieMonstah. I would try to be as discrete as possible. I would appreciate being told discretely if it happened to me, even though it would be temporarily embarrassing. At least I could correct the problem so it wouldn't continue to happen.

I think my response depends on the situation. If you don't say anything, will it be more embarrassing to the person when they finally do notice than if you try to find a way of discreetly telling them? After all, it would be embarrassing enough if it weren't "protection". I think we've all probably gone bright red with embarrassment at some point when we were younger when someone has mentioned "your fly is down" in public. :SHOCKED:

I checked I wouldn't and mostly it's because I would be too shy to tell them. I'm guessing if I did see someone who was "showing", where I live, it would probably be a much older person who needed them. I've seen older people buying "protection" when I've been at the grocery store or the pharmacy and I usually just try to look away so that they won't be embarrassed.

If we are alone and not one is around I might do, if around others, no. Just as I would like not to be pointed out MY diaper is showing in front of a crowd.

JOCKMAN said:
When I was about age 6 I recall seeing a boy at school bend over to get something on the playground and his plastic underpants sliding up to where I could see them. My first thought was to point this out to everyone for a quick laugh but then recalling how I wet my sleeping bag several nights at a camp when I was age 5 and my parents put me back into plastic underpants (which turned out to be good thing), I let that bit of humility sink in and decided immediately that causing someone else embarrassment was not right.

That was very mature of you, especially for that age.

CookieMonstah said:

That's a great way of saying it. Plus, by calling it underwear (even if you know it is a diaper), you give the other person the benefit of thinking that "someone saw but thought it was underwear," and hopefully saves them a little embarrassment both in that moment and from accidentally continuing to have their diaper exposed.

Yeah, best way is to say something discreetly if possible, and use a neutral word like "underwear"... if they look particularly embarrassed and it's clear they know you've recognised it as a nappy, maybe could (equally discreetly) say "It's OK, I wear them too..."

Being in a wheelchair i canbtell anyone anything embarrasing or not and they dont get upset because well i am obviously a broken toy, and something like a diaper showing would not be a big deal, mine dont show but everybody assumes that because you are in a chair you wear.
So people are less mortified if i quietly let them know . I guess this metal monster is good for something other than a decent parking place at the mall during Christmas shopping season after all. LOL

if they are alown i may say something if not then no way :p its embarssin'

It should be done discreetly.

Maxx said:
I will tell someone if their headlights or taillights are out, cause something like that is a public safety hazard.

I spent a solid minute trying to think what this was a euphemism for before realizing you meant that part literally. /facepalm

Anyway, I'd probably mention it neutrally and discreetly, like "hey, your shirt's riding up" or something and then be on my way.

ArchieRoni said:
I spent a solid minute trying to think what this was a euphemism for before realizing you meant that part literally. /facepalm

Anyway, I'd probably mention it neutrally and discreetly, like "hey, your shirt's riding up" or something and then be on my way.
Headlights on is a euphenism for the female nipples being "erect" for lack of the appropriate term.

I said no but not because the recipient would be embarrassed. It is me who would be embarrassed if it turn out bad. I am introverted and all I can imagine is the person turning around a shouting 'mind your own business'!

BabyDenise said:
I said no but not because the recipient would be embarrassed. It is me who would be embarrassed if it turn out bad. I am introverted and all I can imagine is the person turning around a shouting 'mind your own business'!
To which i would say "Diapers are my business,I own Acme Diapers, yes it is the same Acme that Road Runner has nearly died from" ( but then again i'm a smart a$$!)

wearforsafety said:
It should be done discreetly.
This.

If I saw someone else's diaper peeking out I'd let them know very politely and quietly. I expect the same from others. Its super embarassing to get home and realize they're been showing the whole time you were out..........

I don't really care if mine shows. I usually don't wear super short shirts but if someone notices then they can either appreciate what it must be like to be me, or they can keep it to themselves. I'll say, though, that a short list of my friends do look out for me, and on occasion I'll feel a little tug on the back of my shirt if it's stuck up on the waist band or a little tug to pull my shorts up a little. To me, no different than someone tucking in the tag of my collar if it's showing or patting down my wacky cowlicks. It's just part of humans looking out for each other. But a complete stranger, I wouldn't feel the same connection. It's never happened to me so I don't know how I'd feel. But I wouldn't want to make someone else uncomfortable if I can't say that I'd want a stranger to do that to me. So I'd probably just ignore it unless some other connection was made first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back