Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I passed a imporant exam.

  1. #1

    Default I passed a imporant exam.

    I passed a very important Cisco exam without studying at all, I was legit shocked that I got the highest grade in the entire tafe campus, only two people passed from memory.

    I've got no clue how I did this, have any of you guy have a what the hell moment when you pass a exam without studying?

    Just thought I would share this important information, I'm so proud of myself, this is legit like winning the lotto for me.

  2. #2

    Default

    CCNA? Thats awesome, I would love to do that exam however my company doesn't use a single piece of cisco stuff and never will so it would be a complete waste of time and money for me. Good job though.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Koutei View Post
    CCNA? Thats awesome, I would love to do that exam however my company doesn't use a single piece of cisco stuff and never will so it would be a complete waste of time and money for me. Good job though.
    Nah, not that exam, I'm only in my first month so far,

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBunny View Post
    I passed a very important Cisco exam without studying at all, I was legit shocked that I got the highest grade in the entire tafe campus, only two people passed from memory.

    I've got no clue how I did this, have any of you guy have a what the hell moment when you pass a exam without studying?

    Just thought I would share this important information, I'm so proud of myself, this is legit like winning the lotto for me.
    Decades ago, I passed my "Signals and Systems" final exam which was 50% of the final grade although I did not study enough for it.
    Also, at the start of the exam, my calculator died, and I had to do all the circuit and waveform calculations in my head.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    Decades ago, I passed my "Signals and Systems" final exam which was 50% of the final grade although I did not study enough for it.
    Also, at the start of the exam, my calculator died, and I had to do all the circuit and waveform calculations in my head.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBunny View Post
    I've got no clue how I did this, have any of you guy have a what the hell moment when you pass a exam without studying?
    I had severe depression and unmedicated ADHD through college; you can pretty much guess how my efforts to learn looked. One summer I took Intro to Psychology; the entire course was DVD lectures from Philip Zimbardo and reading the textbook. It turns out that making an entire course self-paced but deadline-oriented was a terrible system for me. I didn't start studying for the midterm until about 8 hours before it was going to be administered. Oh wait, no. I'm wrong. I didn't do anything for the course until about 8 hours before the midterm. Yes, I first looked at the textbook around 8AM. The exam was at 4PM. I spent eight hours reading the book and highlighting. I got through about 80% of the material but was hardly studying it. Just skimming. Given the fact that the midterm was 40% of the grade this was an issue. I realized this wasn't optimal but was guessing that it would be a basic recall-style exam and in each question one answer choice would jump out as "Oh, I remember reading those words."

    I was right about the format but not about my method working. The midterm came. It was 120 multiple-choice questions. After the first 3 it was clear I was going to get somewhere around a 20% simply because statistically speaking I should get about 1 in 5 questions right guessing randomly. I decided to throw a Hail Mary and hope for the best.

    I was also an SAT tutor and developed a system for random guessing in math when you don't know how to answer the question. You progressively eliminate the answers that have the least in common with the other answers. Let's say that you see a question with these answer choices:

    (1) x + y
    (2) x + y + z
    (3) 2x + 2y + z
    (4) 2x + 2y - z
    (5) 7x + 5y + z

    (1) is wrong because it's the only answer choice with no z-variable. (2) is wrong because more answer choices have coefficients than ones which do not. (4) is wrong because it's the only answer choice that has a subtraction operation. (5) is wrong because its coefficients aren't shared with any other answer choice. The correct answer is (3) because its key elements- presence of a z-variable, all addition operators, the coefficients 2 with the x and y-variables, all give it the most shared elements with the other answer choices and without any key elements completely unshared with any of them.

    So I said fuck it and answered the entire exam in this format. Yes, the entire exam. I answered every question on my first pass and didn't even read a single question. I checked my work by making sure that my answers did sound like the answered the question and changed a few of them but not many.

    I got the highest grade in the class. I still don't know if I should be more proud of the fact this was the best work-to-grade ratio I've had in any class ever or of the fact I solved an exam by identifying and exploiting a technical flaw. I do feel guilty though about how the prof bumped into me one day in passing and spent whole minutes extolling the incredible preparation I must have put into his exam.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I had severe depression and unmedicated ADHD through college; you can pretty much guess how my efforts to learn looked. One summer I took Intro to Psychology; the entire course was DVD lectures from Philip Zimbardo and reading the textbook. It turns out that making an entire course self-paced but deadline-oriented was a terrible system for me. I didn't start studying for the midterm until about 8 hours before it was going to be administered. Oh wait, no. I'm wrong. I didn't do anything for the course until about 8 hours before the midterm. Yes, I first looked at the textbook around 8AM. The exam was at 4PM. I spent eight hours reading the book and highlighting. I got through about 80% of the material but was hardly studying it. Just skimming. Given the fact that the midterm was 40% of the grade this was an issue. I realized this wasn't optimal but was guessing that it would be a basic recall-style exam and in each question one answer choice would jump out as "Oh, I remember reading those words."

    I was right about the format but not about my method working. The midterm came. It was 120 multiple-choice questions. After the first 3 it was clear I was going to get somewhere around a 20% simply because statistically speaking I should get about 1 in 5 questions right guessing randomly. I decided to throw a Hail Mary and hope for the best.

    I was also an SAT tutor and developed a system for random guessing in math when you don't know how to answer the question. You progressively eliminate the answers that have the least in common with the other answers. Let's say that you see a question with these answer choices:

    (1) x + y
    (2) x + y + z
    (3) 2x + 2y + z
    (4) 2x + 2y - z
    (5) 7x + 5y + z

    (1) is wrong because it's the only answer choice with no z-variable. (2) is wrong because more answer choices have coefficients than ones which do not. (4) is wrong because it's the only answer choice that has a subtraction operation. (5) is wrong because its coefficients aren't shared with any other answer choice. The correct answer is (3) because its key elements- presence of a z-variable, all addition operators, the coefficients 2 with the x and y-variables, all give it the most shared elements with the other answer choices and without any key elements completely unshared with any of them.

    So I said fuck it and answered the entire exam in this format. Yes, the entire exam. I answered every question on my first pass and didn't even read a single question. I checked my work by making sure that my answers did sound like the answered the question and changed a few of them but not many.

    I got the highest grade in the class. I still don't know if I should be more proud of the fact this was the best work-to-grade ratio I've had in any class ever or of the fact I solved an exam by identifying and exploiting a technical flaw. I do feel guilty though about how the prof bumped into me one day in passing and spent whole minutes extolling the incredible preparation I must have put into his exam.
    wow, thats really awesome I often rule out the most obvious that are wrong, with my cisco exam, since I'm pretty advanced with computers I already knew half the questions, but some things like raid, and how to identify a "theory" of probable cause were things I'm not too familiar with since I grew up with older computers and SATA is a rather new thing for me.

    For example there would be something stupid like (not the exact questions or answers but it should give you an idea)

    What is raid.
    1. Something that happens when you hack computers.
    2. A network monitoring tool.
    3. a technology that helps with stripping and multiple storage devices.

    Would rule out 1, 2 and that would leave me with 3.

    Since I have the upper hand and pretty much know a lot about computers, things I weren't too familiar with, I could rule out the things that are the most obvious that are wrong, ie with raid, I know it has nothing to do with networking.

  8. #8

    Default

    I've totally had that with a regents exam i didnt study whatsoever but i loved the subject and enjoyed being in that class and i passed it on the first try.

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Default

    @AEsahaettr your story cracked me up. I've always been good at testing because of this tactic. I tested out of a boring computer class for my degree this way. I actually qualified to test out a bunch of classes for my college with the one state-wide testing set I took. I know squat about object oriented programming or corporate network infrastructure which was a large part of the test.

    Sometimes testing from memory can mess you up if you know more than the people that poorly wrote the question. The technically correct answer will often be the wrong one while the probable answer remains.

Similar Threads

  1. Wearing at a Physical Exam
    By PearlPinkFloydJam in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-Nov-2014, 11:12
  2. Super excited passed the ged exam!!
    By ScoobyDooKiddo in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-Dec-2012, 23:06
  3. Study and exam stress
    By Hex in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-Apr-2011, 21:58
  4. Exam stress
    By Near in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-Dec-2010, 03:35
  5. Dio has passed away.
    By DHLA40 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23-May-2010, 22:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.