Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it realistic to for one to expect a high end diaper to not leak when "flooded"?

Default Is it realistic to for one to expect a high end diaper to not leak when "flooded"?

Assuming the diaper was put on properly and completely dry before the flooding happened. When I say a high end diaper I'm using a bambino bellisimo (sp?)

I don't like to flood and in a perfect world I wouldn't do it at all. However I can't always wear a diaper whenever I want to to so sometimes I end up holding for a while before I get a chance to pee in one. Recently I followed this site's tutorial and upon discovering this step:

"Finally, stand up and make sure to run a finger round the leg gathers, untucking any of the outer material that may have gotten folded up."

I thought I'd fixed my leak issue for good. Until I leaked a few drops from a large wetting today despite thinking I'd done everything right. I don't know if my technique still needs work or if I'm asking for the impossible.

Standing? Sitting? Lying down? Standing while peeing, then sitting? ...? Absorption isn't instantaneous, no matter what diaper you have. And if, for example, you're lying on your side such that a perfect seal between the leak guards and your skin is the only thing holding back the pee--yeah, leaking seems pretty likely. On the other hand, if you've just put on the diaper and you're standing still while flooding, then a leak really shouldn't happen. Even a low quality adult diaper will have enough room in the crotch to accommodate a temporary lake. Start in on the jumping jacks, though, and you'll be banking on the rate of absorption. But for a single flood, you shouldn't have to wait long. Not with anything "premium", anyway. I don't wear Depends all that often, but I tend to flood adult diapers more often than not, and I've never leaked on the first flood, even with Depends.

...but then I haven't flooded while lying down, or immediately before doing jumping jacks.

Premium diapers, in my experience, can usually take one good flood without a problem, standing or lying on my back. When you get to the second flood, that's when things start getting iffy and you have to be more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Premium diapers, in my experience, can usually take one good flood without a problem, standing or lying on my back. When you get to the second flood, that's when things start getting iffy and you have to be more careful.

Yep, and the sign usually is if you feel wet the diaper is filled.

In my experience, a Bellisimo can take 3 or 4 floodings. But YMMV.

I'm typing this as I flood my Little Pawz. Don't feel even a little wet. Warm, but not wet. I've tried to flood and make Space/Little Pawz and Bellismo leak from one big flooding wetting. They refuse to.

if you were sitting or laying down, there's a chance the best might leak in a flood if the lower tapes weren't on correctly, but I think in most cases it'd be imposible to leak a good diaper with a single flood. Depends on how fast you can empty out though, and what your capacity is I suppose. I've slamed a premium a few times while laying on my back, and could clearly feel the liquid level drop in the crotch for a few seconds after I was mostly done, and I knew if I moved I might leak, so I didn't make any movements until I'd given the padding a chance to catch up. But we're talking like three seconds or so of a "vulnerable time", it's not much.

I have that same "don't thrash around" plan when it's like 7am and I know I'm pretty soaked but want to clear out before getting out of bed. Wet, wait a minute or two, THEN get out of bed. That first sitting up is going to press out anything low in the back that hasn't found a home yet, and wil leave a spot or two on the sheets.

I've flooded both standing and sitting. Never any leaks.

I could be wrong, but I've always understood that diapers are designed to accommodate constant dribbling, leaks, and even frequent slightly bigger voids. And - Adult diapers are usually worn to manage incontinence, which usually doesn't involve a well held, full bladder that releases all at once as if it were using a toilet.

So, my opinion on this has always been that it is indeed unrealistic to expect any adult diaper, even the premium brands and lines, to hold a flood. Obviously, people get away with this often enough, but not all bladders are created equal.

When using diapers, you should not be holding your bladder, as the diaper is allowing you not to. I understand that some wear diapers 'just in case' while commuting, at an event, etc., but the longer you hold your bladder, the more you will over power it when voiding.

The solution is actually quite simple, actively release your bladder as early and often as possible while wearing a diaper and you will run into less problems with leaking while wetting. As with every recommendation I make, change your diapers early and often too!