Peeing whilst lying down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practice! It helps your body to realize "Hey, this is okay to do".

1: Try to relax more. Maybe you're unconsciously holding it in?

2: Shift positions a bit. If all your weight's pressing your urethra closed, you might as well be holding your pee in yourself. Maybe tape a little bit looser - additionally, If you're male, part of the erection physiology makes it harder to pee. The fact that erections can be triggered by snug contact doesn't help.

3: Make your body have no choice. Drink a little extra, wear to bed and go to bed full of liquid, etc. At some point it'll have to come out.

Word of caution: lots of diapers (abdl and overnight medical grade alike) aren't good if you're flooding on your side, and especially your back. Be ready for leaks.

Any time I try peeing my diaper while lying down, I leak out the top off the diaper.

don't pull up on your diaper so much that your padding is firm against your hardware. You need to leave a gutter for liquids to flow forward, down, and start getting absorbed by the padding in the back, I like to say "make sure the diaper forms a "V" in the crotch, not the "W" you'd normally get when wearing pants, where the crotch seam pulls the center up.

To view an example, go to my page, my galleries, diaper mods, and look at mod "gutter1"

Peeing while in bed has always been pretty easy for me since I have done so since forever XD. I think the only hard time I have when going is while moving ... and in public bathrooms.

CookieMonstah said:
Try peeing lying down and not in bed, I always found that easier or kneeling in my bed. After years of knowing not to pee your bed it's harder but you'll get used it
Even after I stopped wetting the bed I still considered my bed as another bathroom even without diapers. But at the same time I've also always considered my pants a viable alternate bathroom as well with or without diapers

I (and many others) have experienced this before. I think it has to do with 2 things mainly (based on my own experience).

1.) Conditioning. as other posts have stated, you're going entirely against what you've been taught and practicing for most of your life. Not an easy thing to do.

2.) Is confidence that you won't leak. At least for me, I use to worry about leaking on my bad which would make me hold back subconsciously I think.

My advice is nothing new really. I'd say load up a lil extra on fluids so it's easier to get it flowing. I'd also suggest using a premium diaper and a bed mat to minimise leaks. Practice makes perfect and eventually you'll get the hang of it.

I find it easier to pee while on my back (unless I barely have to go) and as long as you're diapered up well enough, between all the padding around the crotch and butt, it can usually absorb a decent amount. Still gotta be careful of flooding though.

Also, Bambinod brings up a good point with making a channel like a "V" down the center of a diaper. Before diapering up I use to spend less time "prepping" the diaper, now I spend at least a few minutes smoothing out the folds and folding the diaper in half long ways so it kinda makes a channel/gutter down the center and avoids the "w" pattern Bambinod was mentioning. Spending this lil extra time prepping it has greatly increased the quality of how well it wears.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps and good luck!

Sent using Tapatalk on my iPhone

I'd like to get some pictures of this folding, with a decent inside view, but it's proving difficiult to get a camera to focus on the inside of a diaper since they're all white.

bambinod said:
I'd like to get some pictures of this folding, with a decent inside view, but it's proving difficiult to get a camera to focus on the inside of a diaper since they're all white.
Try using an ATN with the peach mat ,you should have a contrast basis and reference point for AF. Or maybe use video with a 40 mm pancake lens and make a folding video.
TheCaptain said:
I (and many others) have experienced this before. I think it has to do with 2 things mainly (based on my own experience).

1.) Conditioning. as other posts have stated, you're going entirely against what you've been taught and practicing for most of your life. Not an easy thing to do.

2.) Is confidence that you won't leak. At least for me, I use to worry about leaking on my bad which would make me hold back subconsciously I think.

My advice is nothing new really. I'd say load up a lil extra on fluids so it's easier to get it flowing. I'd also suggest using a premium diaper and a bed mat to minimise leaks. Practice makes perfect and eventually you'll get the hang of it.

I find it easier to pee while on my back (unless I barely have to go) and as long as you're diapered up well enough, between all the padding around the crotch and butt, it can usually absorb a decent amount. Still gotta be careful of flooding though.

Also, Bambinod brings up a good point with making a channel like a "V" down the center of a diaper. Before diapering up I use to spend less time "prepping" the diaper, now I spend at least a few minutes smoothing out the folds and folding the diaper in half long ways so it kinda makes a channel/gutter down the center and avoids the "w" pattern Bambinod was mentioning. Spending this lil extra time prepping it has greatly increased the quality of how well it wears.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps and good luck!

Sent using Tapatalk on my iPhone

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Glad I found this I've been having the same problem trying to bedwet, I can pee in almost any postion but lying down is very difficult and usually ends with a mess cause I push to hard so I will try the steps listed to ensure I can do it more smoothly, I also use Goodnites

Also consider a real cloth diaper and plastic pants,in any position they don't leak even on the side, having that peace of mind may help break that ceiling and allow you to wet lying down, and then once you get used to it, go back to your regular diaper and enjoy, the only other shortcut I know is to flood the bed if you can get away with it and just wash the sheets in the morning, yes it's radical but when your mind see's the only big deal about it is tossing your sheets in the washer and dryer, it adapts easily to wetting the diaper because even a really cheap diaper if it fails gets the sheets wet and you just wash them again, unless of course you use silk or satin then don't even go there, I have silk long underwear it's like the weight of four pairs of panty hose, keeps me nice and warm except they are still stained from a diaper leak, they are fire engine red but you still see the stain.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Above all just relax. Your brain is trying to override your need to urinate because we are conditioned to believe wetting our beds is wrong. Once you get past this the rest is easy. For me it is the most natural thing in the world. Every night I go to bed with a full bladder. I can't remmeber the last time I used the toilet before bed. I get comfortable and wet my nappy before drifting off to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back