The best booster pad is discontinued (Abri-let Maxi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionstar

Contributor
So it seems that the Abena has discontinued the best booster pad there is. I've asked from Save express and Abena directly, and they both confirmed. I'm pretty saddened because there really isn't any good substitute for this product.

Abri-let maxi was 15x60 cm, very thick and soft mostly fluff filled pad with high absorbency. The other 15x60 pads are pretty much just clones of the same SAP filled pad which is only 1/3 to 1/4 the thickness compared to Abri-let maxi and is missing all the softness that fluff brings. They also turn into more jelly-like when they're wet.

I'd advice to buy your stock full now that there seems to be some still available in north America.

I hope an ABDL company will start to make a good quality thick fluff filled booster pad in the near future and fill the hole in the market. But in the meantime what would you suggest as a substitute? What do you think of this? Why will all the best products be discontinued?

I use the Lille Classic, Maxi (15x60, 1050ml) and Extra (15x47). They are not in the same league as the Abri-let but possibly not one of the pads you mention as they are low SAP / high pulp and tend to go firm when wet rather than squishy. I sometimes use two overlapping extras to make a wetness disperser which gets better usage out of the nappy and full usage from the boosters, which doesn't work well with high SAP pads.

orionstar said:
So it seems that the Abena has discontinued the best booster pad there is. I've asked from Save express and Abena directly, and they both confirmed. I'm pretty saddened because there really isn't any good substitute for this product.

Well that's super lame! Those are my favorites and they're taking them away.
Someone please start a petition to make them keep them :sad:

I tried the small Abri-Lets a while back and thought they felt nice, so I tried the large 15x60cm ones. The latter were completely different, with much more SAP and thicker "stay dry" layer. Maybe they changed a year ago (when I last ordered)...?

I tried some of the AO Vorlage Maxi pads from Save Express and they were almost identical to the large Abri-Lets.

tiny said:
I tried some of the AO Vorlage Maxi pads from Save Express and they were almost identical to the large Abri-Lets.

I had them also, they we're almost the same as 15x60cm abri-lets. I always thought they were Save Express's own product to fill in while Abena was having some production problems on maxis. AO Vorlage maxis disappeared shortly after Abri-lets came back.

WOW, Thanks for the update on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back