Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all,

So I bought a pacifier recently, my last one was thrown away by my mother, and I'm having a hard time getting to sleep with it in my mouth. I really enjoy using my pacifier and I would like to be able to fall asleep with it in my mouth still, I think it's more relaxing that way. Anyone got any tips?

Edit: I forgot to mention it's an adult pacifier, NUK 5

I think there really are only two things to consider:

First, does the pacifier fit your mouth correctly? A NUK5 will fit most adult mouths pretty well but some people with smaller mouths may need a smaller pacifier. Conversely, some people have larger mouths and need a larger pacifier. Only you can determine whether the NUK5 is a good fit.

Second, practice...practice...and more practice. Normally it will take more than a few nights of practice. It is possible that you are one of the few people that will never be able to hold a pacifier in your mouth but I wouldn't worry about that at this time.

Hi
The more you think about it the harder it will be.
I get my tablet to read a bed time story to me. Before I know if i am asleep.

Your dentist may have issues with this.

willnotwill said:
Your dentist may have issues with this.

I've used baby pacifiers and adult pacifiers before and my teeth are still perfect

Just have to get used to it. That's only really the best answer. I can't sleep with mine because I have a cold sore in my mouth but I'm used to sleeping with mine

Well you can try to be around for more time before sleeping sucking the pacifier. I have tried to sleep with my size 6 silicone pacifier and it have stayed for a long time but when i wake up its out of my mouth.

If the Nuk 5 feels good during the day maybe is the right pacifier but if is not. I would recomend another size bigger or smaller. What size was the other pacifier your mom trow away?

I actually successfully slept with my pacifier in during a quick nap with my caretaker. Granted it was only an hour or two, but I successfully did it! I've been back into pacifiers for four years now, and this is the first time I've been able to do it. It really does take lots of time and patience, but good things come to those who wait I guess! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back