Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many kids shows have done the "bedwetting episode?"

Default How many kids shows have done the "bedwetting episode?"

I saw a thread on another DL site talking about "diaper imagery that corrupted your childhood." Someone mentioned an episode of Generation O! (which I had never heard of) about bedwetting. A senator wants the main character to sing a song at his campaign rally, and threatens to expose that she wet the bed once, and there's a couple diaper references and a really bad song. I think its a lost episode of House of Cards or something. There's also that one episode of Arthur, which I think we're all familiar with. Anyways, it got me thinking: how many kids shows have had a bedwetting episode, or mentioned it or diapers as a throwaway joke?

Here's a couple links:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-BYbXKur44 Arthur
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o50Wu42vYE Generation O!

Rugrats did an episode called ''Accidents Happen'' where Chuckie wets the bed and gets put in training pants. Him wetting the bed was also referenced in an earlier episode called ''The Alien,'' where Angelica convinces the others that he's an alien. When they get him to admit his ''secret,'' instead of saying he's an alien he says every baby wets the bed once in a while.

im pretty sure the powerpuff girls had an episode about bedwetting

Sanjay and Craig also has one where the boy and his snake wake up in a wet bed and don't know which one did it. So they attempt to go all day without drinking anything so they don't wet the bed at camp.

The TV show The Middle had a neighbor boy who Sue called "diaper boy" because he often was wearing just a diaper and a t-shirt. He looked to be in middle school. The inference was that he was a teen baby rather than a bed wetter, because he was in a diaper during the day. He appeared in a number of episodes as diaper boy. In fact, he spanned sever years and went from Goodnites to a larger, taped diaper, from what I could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    The TV show The Middle had a neighbor boy who Sue called "diaper boy" because he often was wearing just a diaper and a t-shirt. He looked to be in middle school. The inference was that he was a teen baby rather than a bed wetter, because he was in a diaper during the day. He appeared in a number of episodes as diaper boy. In fact, he spanned sever years and went from Goodnites to a larger, taped diaper, from what I could tell.
    That show has a lot of diaper references the newest one being the lil rivals being baby diapers with sports teams logos on the inside and out from what I gather. Just glad I don't watch it together with my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    That show has a lot of diaper references the newest one being the lil rivals being baby diapers with sports teams logos on the inside and out from what I gather. Just glad I don't watch it together with my dad.
    You're right and I remember an early one when Axle was in high school and they had dress like a baby day at his high school. Most of them were in footie jammies.

Spinelli from Disney's Recess was a bedwetter until the fourth grade, there have been more than a few diaper references in both the Simpsons and Futurama, and The Angry Beavers did a "nite biting" episode (or something like that) that was an obvious reference to bedwetting.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I love that show, and you're right, i don't think i watched the episode you're referring to but i did watch, rather recently actually, one with that boy in diapers (or a pull-up) and his two older brothers, i had to rewind and pause it a number of times to make sure i saw what i think i saw.

Btw, off-topic but the way you said it, made me wonder if the show was over, but no it's still going.