Vintage depends

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenworthW900b

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was in my local mom&pop drug store today picking up a pack of seni super plus when i noticed 3 packs of the old overnight depends size large in the blue and red packages. I picked them up and couldnt find a date on the package anywhere, does anyone know when they stopped making these or if they are worth anything? Personally I dont remember red/blue depends since the late 90's but I could be wrong, they are asking 16 bucks each so I may just pick them up anyway

You lucky devil you if they are green in color and have wide tapes you hit the jackpot I tell you I am jealous of you right now . those were made back in the late 80-s or early 90's enjoy them and those will hold a lot not a x-plus or dry 24-7 but close enough though they made two different waistbands a small wide one or a long thin one both are good you are a lucky devil ! If you could post a picture of them I can tell you even more not with you in them though ya know ..

Well I bought them but I cant figure out how to get the pictures from my email to here but I will post pictures asap!WP_20160328_005.jpg
WP_20160328_002.jpgWP_20160328_014.jpgWP_20160328_015.jpgWP_20160328_013.jpg

Last edited:
and a few more picsWP_20160328_004.jpgWP_20160328_012.jpgWP_20160328_013.jpgWP_20160328_011.jpg

Same diaper as current plastic backed production in the previous packaging style. I think they switched from this packaging to the green color about 8 years ago...maybe?

Is it the the same or did they "improve" it by removing some of the absorbancy first?

Yeah those are the second generation overnights a notch down BIG notch though from the good ones ((Green backed)) and are thinner yet they say more absorbent they really are not the outer plastic on those you have are 50 percent quieter than the original green backed ones. With those depending on the batch the tapes were not made well or tapes were placed on the wrong side instead of going top to bottom they went bottom to top and it made fitting them impossible. I wished they were a few years older and you would have really struck the Diaper gold so to speak. anyway good luck with them I knew when I saw them I could tell you the ins and outs on them right off the top.

xpluswearer said:
Yeah those are the second generation overnights a notch down BIG notch though from the good ones ((Green backed)) and are thinner yet they say more absorbent they really are not the outer plastic on those you have are 50 percent quieter than the original green backed ones. With those depending on the batch the tapes were not made well or tapes were placed on the wrong side instead of going top to bottom they went bottom to top and it made fitting them impossible. I wished they were a few years older and you would have really struck the Diaper gold so to speak. anyway good luck with them I knew when I saw them I could tell you the ins and outs on them right off the top.

Any idea how old they are, the last date on the package is 1996 but i think they were still green in 1996. I dont feel like I lost anything by buying them as they are alot more comfortable than the current plastic backed depends, also the tapes are wider than the current ones and as far as absorbency I will let yall know tomorrow just how much wound up on my bed mat

Wait, you can get Seni Super Plus at your local mom and pop drug store? That is awesome. All of the drug stores/medical supply places that I have seen in Chicago either sell Prevail or the American version of Tena. I would so love to buy a real diaper at a local store.

KenworthW900b said:
I was in my local mom&pop drug store today picking up a pack of seni super plus....

The original DEPEND diapers is what I wore in the late 1980's through the 1990's.

I was still wearing the greenish ones at least as late as 1994. So it's probably right around the time they switched that your batch was made.

well after wearing one of these all night the diaper was totally full and my underwear i wore over them were a little wet but my pajamas and more importantly my bed were both dry. Granted I wasnt overly hydrated like i normally am but that just goes to prove the fact that depends were not always bad even though the quality has gone down sharply since these were made they were ok at one time.

I have a case of the green ones....bag is red on top blue on bottom and green diapers. 1996 on the bag....all true diaper lovers have to have this in their collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back