Thread: Anxiety Attacks

Default Anxiety Attacks

I haven't had these in a little over a year. I don't know why they're hitting again. On Thursday I was just working and it hit me in the middle of day. It happened again around the same time Friday. I wasn't working I was out with a couple of friend going to watch Batman VS Superman and it hit again out of nowhere. Anyone one anything about why this would happen out of nowhere?

Any changes in your life recently?
    I've been clear for 6 months since changing jobs

1) There is a thread in "School House Rocks ADISC" for calming and grounding. The breathing exercise is one of the basic steps to handling a panic attack.

2) The way to work through and get a handle on panic attacks is to look at the triggers. Then look for the root "fear" that is causing them. From there it is a matter of solving the issues through several steps.

I have been through group therapy for this and could add some more information in School house rocks if you would like.

And yes I am going to say that this is something that you might consider talking to a therapist and they could teach you the techniques a lot better then I can.

I hope this helps.

Talk about timing. There was an article in today's Washington Post about people who suffer from OCD. I read the entire article as I'm slightly OCD, but they were talking about people who are more extreme. OCD can also cause anxiety and panic attacks. Do you suffer from OCD. They are now treating extreme OCD with a common antibiotic. The antibiotic also affects brain function and brain chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Talk about timing. There was an article in today's Washington Post about people who suffer from OCD. I read the entire article as I'm slightly OCD, but they were talking about people who are more extreme. OCD can also cause anxiety and panic attacks. Do you suffer from OCD. They are now treating extreme OCD with a common antibiotic. The antibiotic also affects brain function and brain chemistry.
    Interesting. Both the connection to OCD and antibiotics. Not that we need more antibiotics floating around..

Makes sense about the brain chemistry, because the few times I've had panic attacks, its been in situations where I'm usually comfortable and didn't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Interesting. Both the connection to OCD and antibiotics. Not that we need more antibiotics floating around..

Makes sense about the brain chemistry, because the few times I've had panic attacks, its been in situations where I'm usually comfortable and didn't expect it.
    I thought the same about a continuous use of antibiotics. At least I got the impression that they continued to use some sort of antibiotic dosage. I guess the person has to weight the advantages against the disadvantages. Anxiety attacks are very distressing. I went through a period of them when I was trying to bring the church that hired me as their music director, into the 21st century. They resisted it and I left. Now, they are almost dead as a church. Meanwhile, my present church was filled with people this Sunday and I'm doing what I enjoy. No more anxiety attacks, phew.