• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

LOOONG time DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman123456

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I have always lurked message boards. Never really wanted to talk about myself too much, but alas the time has come! I've been a long time DL, as long as I can remember. I've had a few past relationships and have told my significant others about my DL side. One actually participated numerous times! Which was awesome, and built such confidence that I wasn't such a weirdo. I seem to go through cycles of confidence about this side of me, I'm unique and just because I like diapers, doesn't take away from who I am. Then as we all know there are moments of self shame. I can't look at myself in the mirror some days. Luckily these are few and far between.

So anyway I've been seeing this girl for a few months now, and she's amazing. She knows I have something weird that I like but I haven't told her. She says she's open minded and will give anything a chance. She says whatever it is we can work through it together. This is awesome, but yet I still haven't told her. I have so much negativity about it. My last girlfriend I told wanted nothing to do with it and left me shortly after telling her. So now I'm worried my current girlfriend will do the same! This scares the living crap out of me! So basically that's where I am on this wild ride we call life! Long time lurker, first time poster! Nice to meet you all!

Hello Batman123456 and welcome to the group.

Hello and welcome to the site. I hope you have better luck with your girlfriend. Sometimes gaining acceptance can be more successful if you try not to be apologetic in your explanation. Be positive and accepting of who you are. She will be more likely to pick up on that. Know your facts so you can explain logically as she will have a number of questions. Remember that everyone has something and none of us are perfect. If she loves you, she'll see this as a small hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back