When typing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Tell me it isn't just me.

Many times when I find myself looking to type "able" on my keyboard, I accidentally end up typing "abdl"...

Anyone else do this?

I tend to type whatever i am thinking about off the moment, which can be annoying with ADHD, i am typing something i have thought out, and while i am typing my mind goes to something drastically different and i start to write something that is in no way in context with the rest of the sentance

Funny thing is this. So I was a mute up until around the age of 4 years old, and the few times I get into my little mindset I always end up going mute again. During which time the only way I am actually able to communicate is through typing because that is my older side still showing through along with my memory recalling I still couldn't even speak baby gibberish.

Most of my keying errs involve failing to touch type. I've noticed that I do think ahead when typing to some extent, but it isn't fully conscious. I've been doing a lot of thinking about thinking.

When talking, though, it's an entirely different story... if I think of something else while talking I tend to say it instead. But by far the most frequent is just forgetting words, which happens multiple times daily. Talking over music with vocals is basically impossible for me.

Zenka said:
I tend to type whatever i am thinking about off the moment, which can be annoying with ADHD, i am typing something i have thought out, and while i am typing my mind goes to something drastically different and i start to write something that is in no way in context with the rest of the sentance

Interesting. I have Asperger's - as far as I know I don't have ADHD - and I do the same thing.

Kaliborio said:
Interesting. I have Asperger's - as far as I know I don't have ADHD - and I do the same thing.

Well I do have aspergers too

SpottedLion said:
Most of my keying errs involve failing to touch type. I've noticed that I do think ahead when typing to some extent, but it isn't fully conscious. I've been doing a lot of thinking about thinking.

When talking, though, it's an entirely different story... if I think of something else while talking I tend to say it instead. But by far the most frequent is just forgetting words, which happens multiple times daily. Talking over music with vocals is basically impossible for me.
i tend to skip words, and even phrases, whilst typing. it's due to thinking faster than i type, so if i'm on a roll,

and even if i go back and read through it, my mind'll just fill in the blanks automatically, especially if it's still fresh in mind or i'm in the same frame of mind.

i also do it when handwriting formal letters, so you can imagine the ball-ache of that.

I type faster with my left hand than I do with my right so I end up typing the wrong thing a lot. I sometimes have to type the same word three or four times to type it correctly. As a result, I always reread everything I type a few times to make sure I haven't mis-keyed anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back