Where's the Dry 24/7 Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kerry said:
Dry 24/7 was a major go-to diaper at one point, but it ran into a bad several batches after factory retooling a couple of years ago. I think they've gotten the bugs pretty much worked out; my last two orders have been fine. I'm a pretty big fan. It doesn't really replace Tena Slip Maxi for me, though, as it is MUCH thicker and more noticeable. Still working on that one. (Still have two cases left though...)

:O I'm jelly. I only have a bag left. I should be lucky I have any at all, but I just can't bring myself to break the seal. Plus, it could be worth a pretty penny in a year or two, I bet

I guess I started wearing them once the tapes were fixed cus I've never had a problem. They're the only diaper I wear but I mostly wear at night time for bedwetting and I sleep on my stomach and sides a lot. I like how they feel and fit although I really miss the days when diapers had three tapes on each side and I wish these did too. But the elastic in the front and back make them fit perfectly to my body. The only issue I've ever had is sometimes if I drank too much before bed and get them really wet, they can leak in the back of my leg, but that's pretty much the same with any diaper if I sleep on my side. They are pretty loud which is kinda funny when I'm walking down the hall but since I've been in diapers my whole life I don't have to hide them :) If I'm gonna lounge around in a diaper, these are the most comfortable cus they move perfectly with my body and don't get in the way. I really like them and hope they don't change like other brands have. I find it fairly traumatic to search for a new diaper every time a company changes things, because it's never for the better.

LittleICme said:
I have been having occasional night time leaks from the 24/7s.
I will have to give the fold in method a try.

I have tried this for about a week and can say that the waistband folded in method HAS PREVENTED LEAKS at least twice at night while the spout was pointed up.
Basically the pee travelled along the surface of the diaper (or oversaturated the area) and then trickled toward the waistband.
The waistband was folded down inside and that worked as a dam and redirected the pee back into the diaper )I could actually feel this happening.)
I also found that the diaper felt tighter and more snug as I find the waistbands to feel too loose for me.

I really like the waistband fold in method.
Works great and I am going to incorporate this method into my nightly diapering regime.
Thanks for the tip,

OhHeyThere said:
:O I'm jelly. I only have a bag left. I should be lucky I have any at all, but I just can't bring myself to break the seal. Plus, it could be worth a pretty penny in a year or two, I bet

I bought a bunch of cases a couple of years ago with an entire year's medical flex account, just after Tena announced they were discontinuing the plastic (which was a TERRIBLE mistake). Worth it. I have nursed them, using them only at work. So I am miraculously going to finish my career with a few left. :)

kerry said:
I bought a bunch of cases a couple of years ago with an entire year's medical flex account, just after Tena announced they were discontinuing the plastic (which was a TERRIBLE mistake). Worth it. I have nursed them, using them only at work. So I am miraculously going to finish my career with a few left. :)

The moment I tried the first one back in December, I shoulda sold out Bambino's stock. They were rather expensive (~120/cs), but they fit my body so much better than any other diaper on the market :/

I had two cases for awhile a close friend of mine sent. They actually come in small, so it was nice to have a diaper fit and they are super duper excellent. HOWEVER! I don't recommend them as a travel diaper - IE, if you're driving. I think that particular position is just leak friendly. /:

Other than that, they are an excellent diaper imo.

I must have missed out on those problematic batches; I haven't had any major tape issues or the like. I have found them to be quite comfortable, and in spite of their bulkier size, I have still worn them out in public without any issues. I am strictly on the DL side of the spectrum, so I actually prefer their plain white appearance. The 24/7 quickly became one of my favorites after trying it.

I ordered a pack of them recently to try their large size out since when I tried medium I was between sizes and that was when they were having some known tape quality issues discussed in the communities. I like how they fit and what-not, the dealbreakers I've been having with them though is I'm finding that no matter how high I seem to place the lower tape it ends up getting a corner that scratches on my skin at the gather and gets rather annoying after a while. The other thing that I've caught on a couple of the diapers is their plastic backsheet being a little weak in comparison to the tapes and having multiple incidents where either one of the tapes will actually rip the plastic around it's attachment point before I'm able to get the other tapes fully secured to ease the pressure off of them. Otherwise sometimes waking up and finding that the plastic backing near the tape attachment point has ruptured open during the night, which would cause potential leaks with the interior fluffing exposed without plastic backing basically.

I have been wearing Dry24/7 diapers for a couple of years. The only differences is the plastic backing. It went from smooth to little rougher. I had no leaks with the diaper. Great over night diaper too. But I have say, I fell in love with the ABU Simple diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back