Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got found out, really freaked out right now

Default I got found out, really freaked out right now

So it's my turn to make one of these..
    To explain my living situation i'm 18 years old and studying, living with my parents. My parents are divorced so on school days i live at my dad's and his girlfriend.

So i just came home from school, and saw that the place where i hide my diapers was empty. Normally it has a bag with a pack of diapers inside, a briefcase with some diaper stuff and an old sleeping mat and sleeping bag to hide them a bit. It was all gone. The briefcase is on the other side of my room and the rest is nowhere to be seen. It is trash day today so i presume he just trew it away with the trash.

I'm pretty sure it's my dad that found them, his girlfriend never really goes in my room. He is at work right now but will be coming back any minute now. Totally freaked out. I'm not sure how he will react, how he will bring it up, if he even slightly understands why i have them.

I guess all you can do is wait and see what he might say. Stay calm it's not the end of the world, it'll be ok, and be honest with him if necessary. Hope all goes well, let us know.

Ya, its really not a big deal, even if your dad makes it out to be.
    I've seen stories where peoples parents flipped out about it but its just because they have no understanding and might be shocked at first
    Just be honest up front about it and try to explain it so that he understands
    Afterall, there just a different type of undergarment that your hiding not drugs!

sounds like someone needed the sleeping mat, or decided to wash it?

Dad and his gf are home. They haven't spoken to me yet, i'm just in my room. I hear them speaking pretty harsh down there, but not really angry at eachother or something. my dad's gf did call my name and just said "Yeah [CZDL] is home", kinda weird. I think they don't know how to handle this. My dad is kind of uncomfortable with this kind of stuff.

Best case scenario is that he just ignores it from now on, he did that sort of thing before, just because he doesn't want to talk about this stuff.
    Or he kind of figured it out when he found the diapers and is sending a message that i'm not allowed to wear in the house.
    Problem is is sometimes instead of ignoring it, he just calls my mom to ask if she knows how to handle the situation. Last thing i want to happen is my mom knowing about this also.

I now hear food being prepared downstairs, hoping for the best.

@bambinod, i think he realized it was still in my room while i never use it, he probably brought it to the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2127 View Post
    Ya, its really not a big deal, even if your dad makes it out to be.
    I've seen stories where peoples parents flipped out about it but its just because they have no understanding and might be shocked at first
    Just be honest up front about it and try to explain it so that he understands
    Afterall, there just a different type of undergarment that your hiding not drugs!
    Got an AB/DL for a child? At least he'll have no money for drugs! xD

Nahh, but seriously, when I got found out a couple years ago by my mom, it was horribly embarrassing, but she was understanding. Everyone's got something, ours just happens to be a little secretive. Like, in any situation, how is it really that bad? The only issues would be from misunderstanding of your interests.

There's a Baby in my Bed really helped me formulate, in my mind, any argument someone might make against me wearing. One of the better 10 bucks I've spent. I'm not really a little, more so a DL, but a lot of it still applied to me. I would recommend skimming it if you get the chance. If the topic comes up, you'll know what to say: nothing to to with children, doesn't hurt anyone, not forcing it on anyone else, not a paraphilia (it's a lifestyle), etc.... Good luck!

My last post had to be approved by a moderator, not sure if it's the same for this one.

Just in case, a recap:
    Dad and his gf came home, didn't speak to me, i stayed in my room, they sounded kind of troubled/frustrated downstairs.

Just had the most uncomfortable dinner i every had. It was just a simple television dinner, but even for a tv dinner not much was said. No one really talked about anything, it was just very silent. I think my dad doesn't want to talk about it, or at least not right now.

EDIT. Since the last post didn't get through here's some info. My dad is kind of awkward/uncomfortable with this kind of stuff. He has ignored a problem like this completely before, just because he doesn't want to talk about it and knows i got the message. Thing is back then she called my mother to ask if he knew how to handle it. So maybe my mom knows about this stuff, although i really don't think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tip about what to say. Might give There's a Baby in my Bed a read sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHeyThere View Post
    Got an AB/DL for a child? At least he'll have no money for drugs! xD
    I lol'd. Brilliant.

For the OP, I've had this happen to me as well. A few different times in fact, but I never heard anything about it. Judging by your Dad's reaction, he may actually not want to have a conversation. If anything, he feels too awkward. While invading your privacy and going through your things, he obviously found something he couldn't process, but somehow still found to be negative, and because your things were in his house, he felt motivated and entitled to throw it away. He may approach you about this, but it will probably be a simple "Would you like to see a shrink?" with your answer afterwards. But he may not. If you choose to be silent, a little time may pass and heal any awkward, uncomfortable feelings. This has been my own personal experience, and I continue to have a very strong and close relationship with both of my parents. And no, I'm still unsure if they know about me or not.

If I'm reading your dad incorrectly, and he wants to understand more of what's going on in your closet, you still have the right to the privacy he invaded. But to whichever degree you feel comfortable, make sure you project a strong desire to keep that privacy. There is nothing wrong with you, and as long as you are genuinely confident about that through any conversation, most parents will pick up on that and respect that.

Out of respect for your Dad (because respect is a two way street), I would go on lamb from diapers for a while when it comes to staying at his house. Lucky for you, you still have your Mother's house to wear diapers and express yourself.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubling times, friend. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Cloud

Thanks Cloud, your post really calmed me down. I will take your advice and keep a deep low on the diapering for a few weeks.