Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diets

Default Diets

Now, I'm not looking for advice on a diet, or how to diet. I have no interest in dieting, and I don't know if I ever will. What I'm wondering, is what do you think about diets? Are you on a diet now, or have you had experience with other diets? There are so many diets, how do you pick one?

Diets are for fatties.

If you feel a need to lose weight, or if you feel you aren't eating healthy enough - then change the way you live your life. That includes implementing new eating habits, and exercise habits, etc...

A diet is something that is done for a short amount of time, and such a waste.

Diets have there place, but most people use them as a quick fix instead of looking at it as a new way to live life. Any reduction in calories will result in weight loss. Trouble with them is, as soon as you go back to eating "normally" you will end up gaining all the weight back, plus more! Ask anyone who has ever gone on a diet, especially the radical ones like Adkins.

ABC News: It's Not What You Eat, It's How Much

If your looking to diet, skip it and just make a commitment to eating better and getting more exercise. You can eat everything you want, just in moderation.

I'm vegetarian, so I have a pretty strict diet. But yea, just to eat in moderation and to exercise; it works wonders! : D

I think Valentine said it best.
    I personally think that diets are a joke, just a way to get people to think that they have to rely on only the South Beach Diet products or whatever just to loose weight. All it takes is to stop eating fast food and other garbage, don't worry about having the closest spot to the entrance to the store, and take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    Diets are for fatties.

A diet is something that is done for a short amount of time, and such a waste.
    Not quite, diets are mostly a regime of foods with certain nutrients with multiple goals, truly, one of them is for weight/fat loss =) the other one could be for muscle building (lots of proteins for example) or even to gradually cure a disease or a bad eating habit, kinda what you said.

Although, I partially agree with the last statement: Some diets are supposed to last just temporarly (sp?).

Don't bother with "fad diets" (I'm guessing that's what you're referring to when you say there are so many). I like to keep it simple. Essentially what Valentine said.

If you want to lose weight, watch your caloric intake and do something that consumes lots of Calories, like walking long distance. I do happen to have quite a bit of experience with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Linked Article
    Cut Calories, Cut Weight
    *epic facepalm*

Anyway, fad diets don't work because they are thought of as a temporary way to cut weight. Any fat you lose will come right back when you end the diet. The best way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle. Get rid of the bad food. Educate yourself on what is good for you and what is bad for you. Learn to read the nutritional facts and the ingredient list.

Basically try and skip as many snacktimes as you can. And if you don't play sports, then maybe you should go and join a local sports club or something. If not, go to the gym, and always eat in moderation.