For those of you with boy/girlfriends, spouses, or significant others that know

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last relationship was before I started having IC difficulty (by like, a month) so it was pretty much "just don't wear them around me".

Given the way things are now, that's not gonna work for me.

hindys said:
Have no problem since im a bedwetter

So I guess you started bedwetting after marriage? Otherwise, how did you explain him/her about your bedwetting issue and the need for diapers?

FrumJewDL said:
So I guess you started bedwetting after marriage? Otherwise, how did you explain him/her about your bedwetting issue and the need for diapers?

No i was bedwetting all my life. And this is what you do when you bed wet you sleep with diapers

hindys said:
No i was bedwetting all my life. And this is what you do when you bed wet you sleep with diapers

Curious, do you attribute your love of diapers to bed-wetting or vice versa?

WBxx said:
Curious, do you attribute your love of diapers to bed-wetting or vice versa?

Bedwetting

My wife functions as my caregiver. I have spinal issues that make it difficult for me to walk, stand, or bend over and I occasionally use a wheelchair, so she changes me.

She was also into D/s before we got together so she participates in my little time and stuff. ^__^

I told my girlfriend a few months into our relationship, when I felt things were getting serious between us. Over the now 15+ years of our relationship, she went from "it's okay if I don't have to do anything" to being extremely supportive, even encouraging. We've kind of grown into an understanding that when it comes to certain aspects of our life, I am her baby. A few years ago, she said that she really liked seeing me in adult baby clothes and with a big diaper butt, and that she actually preferred it to seeing me in adult clothes, which is something that I never would have expected at the beginning of our relationship. When I built a crib for myself, she was really enthusiastic about it, and many of my baby clothes and toys were selected by her.

That said, she gets very uncomfortable when I regress too much. Essentially, she always needs an adult to talk to and cannot get into a frame of mind where she would see me, or talk to me, as if I were a real toddler or baby. So we sometimes have these slightly weird situations where we are having a profound adult conversation while I'm sitting on the floor in front of her, dressed in a onesie and thick diapers, playing with baby toys and possibly even having a mess in my diapers.

Kinda weird, but I'm certainly not complaining. I'm getting so much more from her than I had ever hoped for.

Cottontail said:
Four years ago, my wife stumbled upon some of my cloth diapers and I was forced to come clean. We'd been married for twelve years at that point. It was terrifically embarrassing for me, but it went well enough. She doesn't really get it, though, and hasn't shown any interest in participating--which, quite honestly, suits me just fine, as I've been doing it by myself since I was a little kid. We've had a very close relationship otherwise, and I've detected no change in that. We may approach the diaper thing again when I'm older and can't control my farts anymore. Or, for that matter, when I lose continence and need diapers for something other than sexual gratification.

It's complicated. I haven't really kept count of these things since joining, but there are quite a few others here who, like myself, came out well into their marriages. Most of these coming-outs seems to have gone well. And that makes some sense. When somebody knows a ton about you, as a long-time spouse surely would, new things are a drop in the bucket. They're less likely to redefine you in the eyes of that person than they would be in the eyes of somebody you'd just met. Now, of course there's the matter of "How could you keep a secret from me?!" But that's an easy one. Being a DL is not exactly something most of us long to reveal to muggles. It's pretty embarrassing. As I see it, if you can't sell your rationale for hiding a diaper fetish to a spouse, your relationship with your spouse is already in the toilet. In bad situations, this kind of stuff is a magnet for blame, especially heaps of blame that have been biding their time, waiting for a proper scapegoat.

And really, that goes for relationships at all stages of maturity: If things are already strained, coming out about AB/DL isn't going to help. But not all breakups are bad, either. I mean, if you're the type who needs your partner to double as a caretaker, change your diapers, etc., then you may be looking for somebody with above-average open-mindedness, and figuring out whether you've found such a person is probably best done sooner rather than later. Later, in that case, is just more pain for both parties.

Thanks for this, Cottontail. It was extremely well articulated and helpful for me. :)

I told my fiancée about a year before we got married. I was incredibly nervous and didn't know how she would react; expecting the worse. The way I figured it, if we were planning to spend our lives together there should be no secrets. Plus I wanted to stop hiding it and wear whenever I wanted.

She reacted very well. Diapered sex on the first night. She wears only occasionally to please me. I can walk around the house in nothing but a diaper anytime I want. She even checks to see if I'm wearing quite often...if I am she gets really turned on. She understands this is my thing and let's me decide whether to include her on any given night. Most of the time I do; but I've had this fetish my whole life and used to experiencing it on my own. As a result, sometimes I want to take care of business on my own.

It's a great thing we have and would encourage everybody to tell their SO. Be cautious though, as already mentioned telling your SO too early in a relationship can end it. You need to already be committed to each other. In most cases it will turn out just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Told my wife about my dl side 2 years before we were married. She accepts it as part of me but is not really a fan. We've talked/argued and everything in between about my wearing and have come to an understanding. Can wear around her long as my diaper is covered (which I've done once or twice), but mostly I wear when she's gone. Wish she would participate/play with me, but she's not really interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back