Opening a new bag of adult diapers.

How do you open and dispense your bag of adult diapers?

• right-side up

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • upside down

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • from the side

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • rip it open/random

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • doesn't matter: put diapers in drawer or shelf

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • who cares?

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleICme

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hey everyone. How do you like to open your bag of adult diapers?

My preference is 'upside down' so that the each folded diaper is available to choose.

I don't really like when the waistbands get in the way of grabbing a diaper from the bag when opened right side up.

Some packages have a side dispenser.

What do you like?

I always try to open the side where the main fold is, this way the diaper will stay together when pulling it out.

Open on the fold end and put in my storage tub.

I guess it depends on the brand, but yes, I do like having the folded side facing me when I pluck them out of the package.

I open the bottom so the folded side is facing me. After I open it I take all of them out to hide them so it doesn't matter too much to me.

I open mine on top, along the edge on one of the ends, so I can slide them up and out from the end without compromising the bag's hold on keeping the others in the bag. This works best if the last fold is up, so I don't snag the last fold inside the bag when pulling it out.

I open mine and allow them fluff time, i have them stacked in 2 piles of twelve in every room, in the bedroom i have a large low desk area that has my bed pads ,diapers both cloth and disposable,rubber bloomers and all my diffrent creams and lotions i use laid out along with gloves and catheters that i can reach well laying in bed , so if i want or need a change everything is handy for me and also ready on hand when my aide changes me,

I always try to open the package at the perforated line which usually runs from the top down to the side. What are these lines for? That you should rip it randomly?

Right side up along the seam. I will put some diapers in my drawer. I like opening a new package full of diapers. I feel so good ever time I do it. :biggrin:

I get annoyed with the little carrying handles the packs have so I open mine from the bottom and just slide the diapers out onto the top of my dresser.

I open it up, move them all to my storage area and dispose of the plastic package.

I have my diapers in three places, and the "stock rotates" as needed. I have a storage cabinet in my bedroom with my read-use stash, I've posted pics of it here before. (https://www.adisc.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25649&d=1456543993) I like to have a decent variety on tap, but I always have a bit more than I need, usually because of old orders of diapers that I didn't care much for that I'm trying to "work through" and don't intend to reorder. Those I wear in the evenings usually, where I don't need absorbency, durability, or even a good fit - just "diapered to BE diapered". I have maybe 10 (mostly opened) bags of diapers in my bedroom closet on the floor, I use those to restock the cabinet of frquently used (mostly daytime) diapers. Then upstairs is the big walk-in closet where I store my main buffer of diapers - unopened and opened mixed cases. I keep a list on my phone of how many bags of each kind I have onhand, so I don't risk running out of something I want to keep in stock.

So new cases get taken upstairs immediately usually, and about once a week I make a "diaper run" upstairs to bring down 3-4 bags to restock the bedroom closet. I take diapers out of there to refil the cabinet every few days. Maybe some of this is "rebound anxiety" - years of yearning to have any diapers has instilled a fear in me of running out. Never want to risk be without diapers again!

Maybe a bit off topic... as to the bags, I usually open them across their top if they have the split. Otherwiser I (careufully!) cut a slit near the top on one end (using scissors) so I can slide diapers out one at a time. Sometimes I guess correctly at the last fold side and they side out easily, other times I guess wrong and get the end of the stack that's got the end of the diaper folded over, which likes to catch on the way out of the bag.

Occasionally I'll move diapers from one bag to another to keep things tidy, having fewer open bags, but that can lead to confusion as to how much of each type I have in the closet.

View attachment 26035

usually, i do it wherever the perforations are. if i'm giddy, though, or can't find the perforations (or maybe it didn't have any) i'll just rip it open near to one end.
no set way, really.

someone needs to make an animated gif of a bag of diapers being enthousiastically" ripped open, and diapers flying everywhere

I actually dont care, i put mine in My drawer 😉

I don't care how I open up mine as long as I get them open put them on and get them put away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back