Walmart goodnites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is something going on with goodnites allocation to walmart stores? Ive been to a 24 hour walmart supercenter 3 times in th3 last week.... all 3 times they were sold out of boys lxl goodnites jumbo packs..... should I just have more patients are are they changinf shelf space, discontenuing, etc.

Ive seen them restock GN trufit and some other stuff so it got me worried... maybe i should just wait another week or two.

Diapers and TP are two of the biggest sellers at walmart. (from a source I know that helps manage their servers - so more reliable than say a cart-pusher) So I doubt they'd be out without very good reason, like changing brands or complete lack of availability. This is NOT something they'd not pay enough attention to that it led to an accidental understock.

bambinod said:
Diapers and TP are two of the biggest sellers at walmart. (from a source I know that helps manage their servers - so more reliable than say a cart-pusher) So I doubt they'd be out without very good reason, like changing brands or complete lack of availability. This is NOT something they'd not pay enough attention to that it led to an accidental understock.

do you think they will stop selling the disposable GNs via stores ( ie online only) or do you think that its more of a supply chain thing possibly... Or that I'd simply checked at inopportune times ( usually around midnight) and that they had already sold out....

Last night, they had, maybe 10 packs of lxl girls goodnites but no lxl boys gns there... They did have plenty of the Tru fit though

curious88 said:
do you think they will stop selling the disposable GNs via stores ( ie online only) or do you think that its more of a supply chain thing possibly... Or that I'd simply checked at inopportune times ( usually around midnight) and that they had already sold out....

Sorry, I have absolutely no insight as to where they're headed. (and probably neither does he) And I'm not about to ask him for details on their stocking of diapers. He just happened to bring that up as a sort of interesting walmart trivia one day, along with a bunch of other interesting factoids.

I think they should keep selling disposable goodnites!

I doubt this has anything to do with Walmart continuing to stock a Kimberly-Clark brand or not. Those two are lovers for life.

It probably has to do with the supplier for your particular Walmart and will be fixed soon. Either that, or Kimberly-Clark has different plans for boy's XL Goodnites.

Manufacturers seem to go through spells where they shut down production. They may be retooling or cleaning. I haven't been able to buy Weight Watchers and Skinny Cow ice cream bars for several months. I and other customers have depleted the stock from the summer and it hasn't been replaced. I've been to Krogers, Walmart and Food Lion, and they're all running out from the summer stock.

My guess is ice cream companies don't manufacture their product during the winter. I asked the store manager and he knew nothing about it. They never do. There doesn't seem to be a lot of intelligence that goes into manufacturing, shipping or renewing stock.

Maybe they finally listened to all the reviews asking for a bigger size. Hopefully they are about to reintroduce the XL size, but realistically it's probably just new designs :frown:

Walmart in general is terrible with inventory control. They run out of things all the time and they don't restock shelves until late at night. They also fail at ordering new stock.

Nothing to worry about here. If anything, it should tell you that the disposables are out selling the Trufit if it's left on the shelf.

Thats what i hope!

Drypered said:
Maybe they finally listened to all the reviews asking for a bigger size. Hopefully they are about to reintroduce the XL size, but realistically it's probably just new designs :frown:

I hope so too. If I was working at Kimberly Clark, I would listen to the feedback and bring back the way GoodNites were awesome back in the 1990's and the early 2000's. Just saying. :)

AnimeDude892 said:
I hope so too. If I was working at Kimberly Clark, I would listen to the feedback and bring back the way GoodNites were awesome back in the 1990's and the early 2000's. Just saying. :)

they are still pretty good.... a wider crotchand slightly high rise would be better for sure though.

curious88 said:
they are still pretty good.... a wider crotchand slightly high rise would be better for sure though.

You got that right. :)

They would have gone on clearance before they stopped appearing on shelves. It's most likely a supply issue (or there are a bunch of local parents who all needed to stock up at the same time).

Drypered said:
but realistically it's probably just new designs :frown:

I'm ok with this - let's be real here, I'm getting pretty sick of the choppers design. Why have we had that design for 5 years and we only got the ninja prints for one year?? Sheik is Sad panda.

Sheik said:
I'm ok with this - let's be real here, I'm getting pretty sick of the choppers design. Why have we had that design for 5 years and we only got the ninja prints for one year?? Sheik is Sad panda.

I know right? I wanna see newer designs, not that same old design for the past 5 years. I want to see new boy designs like Parkour, and cartoon designs like Naruto, One Piece, Digimon, TMNT, Teen Titans, Justice League, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back