Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: And another question about being Little XD

  1. #1

    Default And another question about being Little XD

    Anyways, so this is a mix of a question and a realization. So, I don't know what I expected little space to be, if I expected it to be a dramatic difference from my adult self. To me I feel exactly the same, and I think a lot of it is because I've kind of been little my whole life. Everything I do as a little I do anyways,, whether it's color, the movies I watch, music I listen to, or a number of other hobbies. These are interests I've always had and done, even when not actually trying to be little. Ive always been rather co-dependent, relying on my husband for a lot of the adult things (unless he needs help, then of course I help with things like bills and normal adult things). I've also always felt much younger than I actually am, not as young as some littles, but around 7-10. So I'm wondering if I can't get into little space because that's basically been my default state my whole life? The only difference is that now I wear diapers occasionally and use a binky.

  2. #2

    Default

    You don't need to look into it so deeply. I'm an AB, and love all my AB stuff, but I've never truly gotten into a little mindset. I feel fully grown, doing babyish things. It may be that you just don't flip the switch, like me, or your switch has always been on like suggested. I think it's probably a mix. Getting into a little space after recently becoming one seems a bit off, but since it hit you all at once, it's hard to tell.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SurfinBeachBum View Post
    You don't need to look into it so deeply. I'm an AB, and love all my AB stuff, but I've never truly gotten into a little mindset. I feel fully grown, doing babyish things. It may be that you just don't flip the switch, like me, or your switch has always been on like suggested. I think it's probably a mix. Getting into a little space after recently becoming one seems a bit off, but since it hit you all at once, it's hard to tell.
    Yeah, I tend to overthink things a lot, it's a bit of a bad habit of mine, but I don't know, I guess I just like asking questions. I definitely think it's a mix, I do typically feel like an adult doing childish things.

  4. #4

    Default

    Sounds like your life is just relaxed enough that your little side is allowed to bleed into your adult life. It seems to me that my little side is just recognizable because I feel safe enough to do things that are much more childish, that I regularly would think about doing, but only act out on it when I feel safe. I will often play with toys with my feet, and put it in my mouth, but I don't do that type of thing in my adult life because I don't feel safe enough to get into the position that naturally leads up to my playful activities. If I felt safe, I might lay back on the floor, hold a toy, and eventually discover that my feet are holding onto a toy in my mouth.

  5. #5

    Default

    I've always had trouble feeling like an adult. It's only been in the last several years that I finally reached that feeling that I'm an adult in charge in an adult world. As a music director, I've had to be the leader, but I've also had a tough time actually feeling that way. I think this finally began to change when I started teaching. Perhaps getting significantly older coincided with that making the transition to feeling like an adult possible. To be honest, it's been a good feeling to feel like I belong in the adult world, to feel competent and good at what I do.

    At the same time, I have no trouble getting into my infantile space when I'm home, wearing a diaper and regressing. It's nice to be able to transition between both worlds, at least for me.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I've always had trouble feeling like an adult. It's only been in the last several years that I finally reached that feeling that I'm an adult in charge in an adult world. As a music director, I've had to be the leader, but I've also had a tough time actually feeling that way. I think this finally began to change when I started teaching. Perhaps getting significantly older coincided with that making the transition to feeling like an adult possible. To be honest, it's been a good feeling to feel like I belong in the adult world, to feel competent and good at what I do.

    At the same time, I have no trouble getting into my infantile space when I'm home, wearing a diaper and regressing. It's nice to be able to transition between both worlds, at least for me.
    I'm still rather young, which is probably why I don't feel like an adult. I'm 21, but I still feel 14. I know I have to take on adult responsibilities, and I do when I must. Though I do try to put them off. I tend to get nervous and anxious when paying bills, setting appointments, and such. I still ask permission to eat certain things, make certain purchases, and if I want to go somewhere. I just feel I'm nowhere close to being an adult, which I know I have to be. Part of me wishes I could be little all the time, but I know I can't put that burden on my husband. At least I have moments where I can be little, even though I can't quite get in little space.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by hime View Post
    I'm still rather young, which is probably why I don't feel like an adult. I'm 21, but I still feel 14. I know I have to take on adult responsibilities, and I do when I must. Though I do try to put them off. I tend to get nervous and anxious when paying bills, setting appointments, and such. I still ask permission to eat certain things, make certain purchases, and if I want to go somewhere. I just feel I'm nowhere close to being an adult, which I know I have to be. Part of me wishes I could be little all the time, but I know I can't put that burden on my husband. At least I have moments where I can be little, even though I can't quite get in little space.
    When I was 21, I had no desire to be an adult. I was still in college so I got to continue to be an irresponsible student. I did some quality adult things in my field, but if I could, I'd be an eternal kid.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    When I was 21, I had no desire to be an adult. I was still in college so I got to continue to be an irresponsible student. I did some quality adult things in my field, but if I could, I'd be an eternal kid.
    I feel like in a way I grew up too fast. Right out of highschool I was married, my husband was working, and we are working on getting our own home. Now, I don't regret any of that and would do it again in a heartbeat. I just wish I had a chance to be a child longer. I don't feel completely comfortable being little because I know I'll be needy and want my husband to baby me and act as my caregiver, and I know that it's not really his thing and I don't want to be a burden when he's already dealing with so much.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by hime View Post
    I feel like in a way I grew up too fast. Right out of highschool I was married, my husband was working, and we are working on getting our own home. Now, I don't regret any of that and would do it again in a heartbeat. I just wish I had a chance to be a child longer. I don't feel completely comfortable being little because I know I'll be needy and want my husband to baby me and act as my caregiver, and I know that it's not really his thing and I don't want to be a burden when he's already dealing with so much.
    Yeah, there's a time and place for everything. I had to grow up in a hurry as a kid. My father had a number of heart attacks. When I was in 7th grade, my parents went bankrupt. It seemed like we moved often. I was an only, adopted child and my mom kept close tabs on me. When I went off to college, I went wild.

    After college I took a job several states away and I had to be responsible for myself. A couple years later I got married and we started our family. Life for most of us is demanding, and for the most of it, we have to be the adults that we biologically are. I actually raced cars for about 8 years until we moved to Virginia. I mostly do adult things and I enjoy doing those things. Fortunately, I can have my baby time at night, usually after I get my wife hooked up to her dialysis machine as I'm her dialysis partner. We do home, kidney dialysis.

    I say that to illustrate that life will make demands on us. Most of our time will be spent as adults. But it's okay to find time for your little side. Everyone has time at the end of the day where they let their hair down. Some people watch TV. Some read or play games. Some drink or do drugs. Somehow, wearing diapers and little clothes doesn't seem too bad. I hope you can work out your down time with your husband. I know it can be difficult if it's one sided. I hope you can find a work around.

  10. #10

    Thumbs up



    Quote Originally Posted by hime View Post
    Anyways, so this is a mix of a question and a realization. So, I don't know what I expected little space to be, if I expected it to be a dramatic difference from my adult self. To me I feel exactly the same, and I think a lot of it is because I've kind of been little my whole life. Everything I do as a little I do anyways,, whether it's color, the movies I watch, music I listen to, or a number of other hobbies. These are interests I've always had and done, even when not actually trying to be little. Ive always been rather co-dependent, relying on my husband for a lot of the adult things (unless he needs help, then of course I help with things like bills and normal adult things). I've also always felt much younger than I actually am, not as young as some littles, but around 7-10. So I'm wondering if I can't get into little space because that's basically been my default state my whole life? The only difference is that now I wear diapers occasionally and use a binky.

    Well come to the tree house.
    The the difference is you now have a label to put to your identity. Whether it is Little or Middle.

    This is me probably getting into trouble again. But hay ho.

    Some one that is a AB is 0 to about 3ish
    Some one that is a Little like me is some where between 3ish and like around say 7ish I think that I am about 5 most of the time. Unless I need to be a Middle. Or heaven forbid a real grown up. I find it hard to be an adult for long a hour at best.
    Some one that is a Middle is from about 7 to about 16ish
    Then you have the DL's who is someone: humm, never mind I leave it there.

    It big and red and shiny and if I press it I will be in trouble.

    I am shore this may open a can of worms as people may not agree with the ages I have put.

    As long as you are enjoying being who you are. That's the most important thing.

    Also you have this online community to talk to.

    Sisi



Similar Threads

  1. question
    By babyjewels1122 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 13-Mar-2015, 14:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.