Thread: Finally going forward with my GED

Default Finally going forward with my GED

So yeah, I'm getting that squared away. I just have to get some transcripts from my old school, a few other documents, and I'm good to go. They said that I appear to qualify for their program so here's hoping it goes through. This particular program offers a variety of things that can help with employment, but my main focus is the GED. This will be my 6th attempt to gain a GED or high school diploma (over the course of a few years). Long story short depression is not a good thing for productivity. Looking back over my previous blogs and posts, I can tell I was a lot worse off than I am now. I would say my depression has changed from a "I hate myself and I no longer want to live" to a "I am so unmotivated I don't want to do anything but a tiny bit of myself is pulling towards doing stuff" depression.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about starting again, but I have to do this, I really have to. To those who've seen my previous posts and blogs you know I have a lot going on, but things are creeping forward regardless. Thank you all for your support thus far.
    Last edited by Premetheus; 18-Mar-2016 at 22:44.

I sense a better tone in you posts as well. Well done. Here's to hoping things stay stable long enough for you to get some wins under your belt. Starting with that GED.

I think this is good news. Try not to let the classes overwhelm you. Sixteen years ago I lost my full time job and I went back to college to get my teaching certification. I found that some classes, the tough ones, could cause me anxiety if I let them. I tried to keep it in perspective and I also studied a lot. Turns out, I aced them all. Take what is comfortable for you, even if you start with just one class. The thing it to keep your head above water and to be successful. I think this is a good step. I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Great move on your part to do it, good luck!
    Thanks! I certainly will do my best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I sense a better tone in you posts as well. Well done. Here's to hoping things stay stable long enough for you to get some wins under your belt. Starting with that GED.
    I tend to have a more positive tone when I effectively cope with anything I have to deal with. A lot has changed over the past few months, cheers to progress! :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think this is good news. Try not to let the classes overwhelm you. Sixteen years ago I lost my full time job and I went back to college to get my teaching certification. I found that some classes, the tough ones, could cause me anxiety if I let them. I tried to keep it in perspective and I also studied a lot. Turns out, I aced them all. Take what is comfortable for you, even if you start with just one class. The thing it to keep your head above water and to be successful. I think this is a good step. I wish you the best.
    Well first off I want to say thank you for the support, it is much appreciated. I'll try not to bite off more than I can chew, but I also don't want to second guess myself. People like you are what keeps me coming back to the site. Bummer about that teaching thing, but hey you got through it. Just like I know I can get through this, achieve my GED and go from there.

This is a good decision. You will thank yourself later.