Thread: fallout from the recent Abena BOGO?

Default fallout from the recent Abena BOGO?

I just got a junk mail today from a local urologist clinic type place, which really smacked of a targetted advertisement. Can't say as I've ever seen one of those before. Got me to wondering how I got on that list. The recent Abena BOGO from diaperbuys.com maybe?

Did anyone else get one of these, or maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Junk mail can be surprisingly shotgun-like. Just because it's for a niche product, doesn't mean its targeted. And some junk mail is incomprehensible - I've received mail for lawn care services, despite living in an apartment block.

I doubt it's due to anywhere you've shopped, unless you've specifically opted to receive material from third parties. That'd be a rather large privacy violation.

It's possible it could be demographically/geographically targeted - are there a lot of retirees around you?

I've bought from DiaperBuys before with no advertisement issues. They did call me once to ask if i wanted to re-order, but that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Junk mail can be surprisingly shotgun-like. Just because it's for a niche product, doesn't mean its targeted. And some junk mail is incomprehensible - I've received mail for lawn care services, despite living in an apartment block.
    Ha ha -- I remember a door-to-door salesman asking if we'd be interested in building a conservatory for our first-floor flat. He didn't seem to understand why I found it so funny... :-/

nope nothing. i only bought 1 case to get one free. i should have got 2. lol. ah well. moneys tight. maybe one day someone else will screw up and do it again :P lol. but nothing yet. just hospital bills from when i tore my acl. yay. not. xD

Nothing for me either. Just the diapers I ordered. Speaking of which, I really liked those m4s and they're almost out I got spoiled on the cheap price!