Status
Not open for further replies.

Encore

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have depression and It's Starting to become serious.

I want to talk to people, especially in this community, but it's been like lately everything has been going in and out one ear.

Although, I can put on a diaper and it would all be okay, Its not the same.

Privacy_ I do not have the privacy to fully do what i want to do being ABDL.

Really sorry you are having a bad time try and focus on the things that are good in your life. If you feel you would be better giving it all up then do it but you need to what is best for right now. I really do feel for you mate I do not know what to say. I do not visit this site that often but your post just tugged at my heart strings. You are really young you have your whole life ahead just try and get your head sorted. Make a disition and go for it.
All the best.

Encore,

Welcome to the site. Depression is an ugly beast, and when you are ABDL and have depression, I think treating the depression is sometimes harder, because the shame that many of us feel feeds the depression, which makes us feel more shame, which is like liquid sugar for feeding the depression. And it goes on and on.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend you find somebody to talk to, preferably a counselor, or psychologist, or psychiatrist. Many of us with depression (and other mental illnesses) need a combined approach of medication and behavior modification through therapy. I'm a huge fan of both my meds, and the cognitive behavioral therapy strategy that my therapist uses. I function at a more-or-less "normal" level because of the combination of medication and continual counseling.

Going in can be scary. I got to the point that I was nearly ready to end my life before I went in to see a psychiatrist, because of the shame I felt. I implore you to not wait that long.

I hope that you can find the right help for your situation. Not having the privacy to explore your ABDL side can be frustrating, and I think it is a problem that many on this site share. I hope they can give you some good advice on how to handle that specific situation.

In short: welcome. I think you are in the right place. I hope we can help. If your depression is serious, please consider getting help. As you get more involved at ADISC, I hope you can find the support you are looking for as well.

I tired of crying because i don't have anyone to talk to that would understand what i am going through. Finding a Therapist in New York is HARD. I have many issues going on in my life far beyond ABDL. I just want a friend to talk to and get my emotions out. I am tired of being Alone in a community that so full of good hearted people.

Encore said:
I tired of crying because i don't have anyone to talk to that would understand what i am going through. Finding a Therapist in New York is HARD. I have many issues going on in my life far beyond ABDL. I just want a friend to talk to and get my emotions out. I am tired of being Alone in a community that so full of good hearted people.

Being on a site like this can be deceiving. One does create friendships, and we can share our problems and feelings, but it's not the same as sharing face to face with a real person. Even better is to be able to spend quality time with someone else, because it keeps yourself busy and redirects your thoughts to other things, hopefully some that are fun. I would suggest that you find ways to meet other people, and I agree that you should see a counselor. Again, it's talking to a real person that can be beneficial.

I have to admit this lifestyle does tend to be a lonely one. I have my own battle with depression.

One thing I can say is to not abandon this lifestyle in a negative attitude, because it doesn't go away and really can't be fixed. You have to embrace what you do have. I know it seems like a long dark tunnel. You just need to find ways to make yourself happier.

Do things to clear your mind, find an activity that you enjoy that takes your mind off of everyday life. Adult coloring books, puzzles, model cars, drawing, writing, photography, music, or whatever seems to pique your interest. A hobby that doesn't stress you out.

Like many on the site, I know both the feeling of being an ABDL as well as dealing with depression.

I know people have said this already, but you really should see someone about your depression. I do know that it's incredibly hard to take the plunge and see a therapist or counselor about this. Trust me, depression doesn't just go away. I made the mistake of thinking that it would just clear before eventually seeking out help. I know you mentioned that finding someone in NY is hard. I'd recommend asking around to see if anyone can help you find someone who can work through this with you.

I certainly hope that you can find someone and fix this problem, seek out your other interests, and find someone in the ABDL community. Depression is a monster to deal with and I hope you can get beyond this.

Yeah dude like some others i know diapers and depression is no strabger to me,hit my PM if you want to talk privately or post and the whole community will jump in there is lots of support here , and lots of us know how we got thru it and want to pay it forward

Oh yeah and i am a native of N.Y myself although i am living out of state about 10 minutes from the N.Y line i was one of N.Y'S "bravest" before i was made to medically retire due to some serious health issues.

Thanks guys, I am searching for a therapist to help me deal with my depression and how it effects my ABDL lifestyle.

I hope you find a good therapist.. Just now that you are not alone. Many of us wrestle with depression in our lives. It will never fully go away but don't let it win. Fight back. At 43, I still fight it. I have to remind myself I do win and there are up times. It just the down times seem so long but that is our brain tricking us. There is a book called "Feeling Good". I have read it several times. I think it is a good book if you do what it says to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back