Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mixed drinks

Default mixed drinks

i am starting this thread as a place to talk about mixed drinks and there recipes. your originals and well know recipes are welcome.

two i like are
    1. A shot and a beer - typically this is 1oz of jager in a beer i prefer yuengling lager.
    2. something i made up - 1oz vodka 1oz melon snapps 1oz sour and v8 splash shake over ice.

As far as mixed drinks, I like Sailor Jerry and Coke Zero. When drinking beer I prefer Asahi Ichiban Shibori or Sapporo. I've just recently been exposed to yuengling, and I quite like it.

coke and rum (sometimes with coconut flavored rum).

Also how can we forget the classic... jello shots!

Letís see... right now my favorite, which is nothing special, is probably grey goose and tonic... followed by a Dark and Stormy (Goslings Black Seal Rum and Ginger Beer) and as a random one I had that a bartender was making at a party was Baileys and Captains, which surprisingly tastes pretty good, basically you use baileys as the mixer and then just through in some captains, the amounts are flexible... gets you a bit intoxicated kinda quickly though... guess the whole having EtOH in the mixer part helps with that

my faves are:
    1. Duck Fart -Kahlua,Bailey's, Crown Royal
    2. Melon Ball- Midori, vodka, pineapple juice
    3. Area 151 - Red Bull, Southern Comfort, peach schnapps, Hpnotiq
    and last but not least my most fav......
    4. Gargoyle- Absinthe (Pernod 136 proof), Rock Candy Syrup, Sweet and Sour

I think my friends and I actually invented a drink a while back. We call it the Redneck Car Bomb, and to do a correct redneck car bomb, one would drop a shot of Yukon Jack into a glass of Saranac Black and Tan. I don't know if you can get that beer everywhere, if not, one could substitute it with Yuengling Black and tan or Michelob Amber bock and that would work

Other than that, I like a good Mint Julep - though they are sort of a pain to make so I'll only have one if the bar makes them. And of course, another favorite is an extra dry gin martini - stirred, not shaken, with two olives

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    coke and rum (sometimes with coconut flavored rum).

Also how can we forget the classic... jello shots!
    You might enjoy this site then. Now, I haven't actually tried any of these -- I haven't had a jello shot in probably four years -- but I'm wondering if it might be time for a jello shot party.

The problem with that, though, is it's been my experience that you don't want to serve bright-colored fruity alcoholic drinks at a party you're hosting. It just doesn't end well, in terms of cleanup.

I don't really have any of my own recipes to add to this, but coconut rum and Coke has always been one of my favorites, as have margaritas and mojitos.

I'm a big fan of vodka and water or Jager and Red Bull (either "bombed" or just mixed). Daria, you're totally right about the whole cleanup issue -- bright drinks just shouldn't happen.

No Sex On The Beach nor Screaming Orgasms for me!

Funny this thread should pop up! I went to a cocktail party just last night! XD

Anyway, I'm really not a fan of cocktails unless made up properly by someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

Nevertheless, here's a few of my favourites:

Hell Biscuit
    White Russian
    Mint Martini
    Fruit Tingle
    Lemon, Lime & Bitters
    Irish Coffee
    Dark 'N' Stormy
    Liquid Nitrogen

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    I'm a big fan of vodka and water or Jager and Red Bull (either "bombed" or just mixed).
    You should come down here. There are people who do "Jager Suicides" - Pour the Jaegermeister into a tall glass. Fill a shot glass with the Red Bull. Drop Red Bull into other glass and drink. Basically a reversed Jagerbomb.

My favorite mixed drink is definitely a whiskey sour. 2oz of either Jameson or Maker's Mark (depending on my mood) with 1oz fresh lemon juice and 1oz simple syrup, shaken. Absolutely delicious. I'm also a big fan of a vodka tonic every once in a while, and depending on what I've got for mixers, I might mix something else up too. Oh, and when I'm having a party, I'll sometimes break out the Guinness/Jameson/Baileys for an Irish car bomb.