Thread: New group if anyone is interested

Default New group if anyone is interested

Hi, everyone. So recently I found my philosophic/religious path has brought me to identify with a Satanism, and went to look and see if there was a group, but there wasn't. So, I went ahead and made a Satanist group for anyone that identifies with it that wish to find others in the AB/DL community.

Please no fundamentalist flaming on this thread! I'm just putting it out there.

YOU EVIL SATANIST!!!!!!!!

No I'm just kidding haha

Actually I'm an athiest, but I'm still super interested in this kind of thing. Never really looked into Satanism all that much so I don't really know what it's all about. What is it all about?

Although I'm a roman catholic, the least I can say is atleast that means you believe in God and the Devil, Heaven and Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by silentdreamer1996 View Post
    Although I'm a roman catholic, the least I can say is atleast that means you believe in God and the Devil, Heaven and Hell.
    Heyyy I was brought up Roman Catholic

MitchThaToddler

I became an atheist when I was in a church preschool. I instinctively didn't believe what they were teaching. Still don't. I went through a satanic phase in high school but looking back I realized that was mainly for shock value. I'm still kind of intrigued by it though.

Quote Originally Posted by silentdreamer1996 View Post
    I don't think Satanists believe in God, Devil, Heaven and Hell, do they? As I understood it, Satanism was essentially an atheist religion centred on individualism and humanism.

The concept of Satan from Christian religion is totally different, I think.

--------------------
    Huh. I checked Wikipedia and apparently there are both atheistic and theistic branches of Satanism. But still, even for theistic Satanists, Satan is their supernatural god. They don't believe in the Christian god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
    Hi, everyone. So recently I found my philosophic/religious path has brought me to identify with a Satanism, and went to look and see if there was a group, but there wasn't. So, I went ahead and made a Satanist group for anyone that identifies with it that wish to find others in the AB/DL community.
    So what are you, Mercurius? Theistic or atheistic? And if theistic, what made you come to the conclusion that Satan exists as a god-like being?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
    Please no fundamentalist flaming on this thread!.
    Kind of hard to not note the irony of this line.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    YOU EVIL SATANIST!!!!!!!!

No I'm just kidding haha

Actually I'm an athiest, but I'm still super interested in this kind of thing. Never really looked into Satanism all that much so I don't really know what it's all about. What is it all about?
    Ok, so what I've gathered about it is that the religion is based on secular philosophy and indulgence instead of abstinence, there is also some ritual involved, but I'm not to interested in that part of it simply because I don't believe in magick's ability to affect anything external aside from the individual's perceived mental reality. Now there is more but if you look into the Satanic Bible it shares more about it in depth. (And no I haven't been visited/haunted by demons having read it )

Have a look, I found many of its philosophies that parallel with my own.
    http://henrymakow.com/upload_docs/Th...Edition_-1.pdf

Silentdreamer1996: Although I'm a roman catholic, the least I can say is atleast that means you believe in God and the Devil, Heaven and Hell.

I do believe in the "possiblity" of a God, however the God I believe in is not the one you worship in church, nor do I believe in Heaven or Hell. I believe in evolution, and that man like Lucifer will stand up in pride for our race and humanity, to dethrone any and all dogmatic religions, and become their own objects of worship and adoration as we ascend into the stars and beyond. That is if we can get past our scrape with our near self destruction like climate change, overpopulation, corporate corruption, etc. But I'll add this self destruction is due to ignorance, and not "sin".

tiny: I don't think Satanists believe in God, Devil, Heaven and Hell, do they? As I understood it, Satanism was essentially an atheist religion centred on individualism and humanism.

The concept of Satan from Christian religion is totally different, I think.

--------------------
    Huh. I checked Wikipedia and apparently there are both atheistic and theistic branches of Satanism. But still, even for theistic Satanists, Satan is their supernatural god. They don't believe in the Christian god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

So what are you, Mercurius? Theistic or atheistic? And if theistic, what made you come to the conclusion that Satan exists as a god-like being?

I definitely don't believe in Satan as the Christians believe him to be. Simply because researching into the anthropomorphic deity, I saw many cultural syncretism from Hell being derived from the Nores God Hel and the location being the same name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)

And to nail the coffen on the doctrine of Hell. Even the Jewish faith didn't believe in a place of eternal punishment, but had something close. They believe in Sheol, aptly named "the grave" which all (wo)men go whether they in life were good or evil. Gehenna is not the same as Hell, mainly the fire is not eternal nor the punishment. There is even a sect that says the soul is completely burned up into non existence, though you can do your own research on it. I think its just a bunch of shit and no one truly knows which lies on the other side once our neurology stops working. To add all those people that say I went to Hell or Heaven and back experienced nothing more than the minds ability to create wild altered states of consciousness that is known as OBE/NDE/ general post mortom hallucinations and was revived to tell about there self made acid trip.

Second the Goat of Mendes, Pan, and other pagan deities had been amalgam-ed together to create the satire-esque pitchforked wielding being we imagine in our minds today. And the whole Satan vs. God in eternal warfare is a theme dating back to the Persian religion of Zoroastrianism, except the names changed from the (good god) Ahura Mazda and (evil god) Angra Manu, to YodHeVaHe and Satan. But even if you think you can brush all that aside, theologically, Satan to the Jews was seen as a role or office which the "title" Satan means advesary, or accuser being a better word because he tests the person's faith in question and his attempts to make said person transgress the 613 mitzvot or the Mosaic Law. According to the official Jewish website Chabad.org, it says in an a Q&A section on Satan,

"From this passage (speaking of the Satan's encounter with God about Job), we see that G‑d created an angel to play the role of provocateur; that he is a messenger of, and subservient to, G‑d. He was not a fallen angel or sent to Hell, where he began fighting G‑d; he was created to be Satan."

http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...-the-Devil.htm

So even on a theological basis silentdreamer1996, the Jewish religion clearly points out Christianity's doctrine about Satan, and Hell is not in fact biblical. I'll also point out Christianity is supposedly based and sprang from a predominately Jewish culture.

Illinoise: Kind of hard to not note the irony of this line.

Yes, it is ironic looking back into my past when I once spouted many bigoted, self righteous, and overall reprehensible religious filth while under previous usernames. Remember Kaetorian? That was mwah... Not proud of it.
    Last edited by Mercurius; 23-Mar-2016 at 02:44.