Vote; Do you wear disposable or cloth diapers?

Which do you prefer? Cloth or disposable

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disposable, as they feel like "real" diapers to me, that being said I've only ever wore disposable, so I'm a bit bias.

DrunkBunny said:
Disposable, as they feel like "real" diapers to me

I kinda feel the same way. Although i wear both disposables and cloth (pocket diapers) and love wearing both, i usually crave more the disposables, i believe because that's what we associate with being a baby.

Disposables for me.

I have worn both but very much prefer disposables.

I voted cloth but wear a disposable for daytime diaper for out and about.

Yep i dont count either i wear both depending upon what i am doing.
I can say that no matter which i wear plastic pants are over top and everything is supported by a onesie.
To me being without plastic pants is one of those things that something does not feel right no matter were i go or what i do so they became a regular part of getting dressed in the morning.

I voted cloth because that's what I wore when I was little and it's what I enjoy and wear every night. But under my cloth diaper I'll wear a Goodnite because it greatly reduces the smell factor in the morning, something my wife appreciates.

dogboy said:
I voted cloth because that's what I wore when I was little and it's what I enjoy and wear every night. But under my cloth diaper I'll wear a Goodnite because it greatly reduces the smell factor in the morning, something my wife appreciates.

As an infant I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants.
As a toddler in the potty training process, I wore thick cotton-lined plastic pull-on "training pants".
But in adulthood I simply wear disposable diapers with plastic pants for nighttime.

I love me some cloth, but as most people would tell ya, washing it is a pain, especially when you live in a tiny apartment with more roomates than you should have.
So whenever I get that seldom chance to wear, I usually just go for disposables. Because of the reasons above, and I just adore the crinkles ^-^

Never had tried cloth before. I may someday give em' a try but we seem to be more inclined to diapers we were given as infants and toddlers. For me, I wore plain white plastic backed diapers as an infant so diapers in that nature, particularly by Bambino, are appealing to me.

Disposable

I'm kind of in a corner because I love disposable diapers but I am really conscious every time I throw one away about the effect it has on the environment :/

I prefer disposables, I miss the plastic backed molicare super plus so much, :sad:

BlueSky said:
I'm kind of in a corner because I love disposable diapers but I am really conscious every time I throw one away about the effect it has on the environment :/

to wash cloth, what about the costs of energy (electricity), the use of water, the emptying of bleach and detergent in a water system...the odor, possible health risks of soiled diapers being handled...putting those things into a wash machine that is shared or used for towels, clothing, etc. ??? effects on the environment??? think more.

I have never tried a cloth, non-disposable diaper since I would rather just ball up the diaper and throw it away than have to clean it as part of my laundry. As a college student, I already hate doing laundry as is haha

BlueSky said:

(Etc.)

When I'm going to be away from home for more than just an hour or two I use disposable. On weekends and at night I use cloth. If I think I might poop I wear a disposable regardless of what I'm doing.

Both. At night I prefer a disposable (ABU Simple) inside of cloth with rubber pants.

Disposable vs Cloth in the UK

"Conclusions

For the three nappy systems studied, there was no significant difference between
any of the environmental impacts – that is, overall no system clearly had a better or
worse environmental performance
, although the life cycle stages that are the main
source for these impacts are different for each system.

The study was supported by a stakeholder group representing the interested parties
and is the most comprehensive, independent study of its kind. It should be used as
the basis for any further studies comparing the impacts of different types of
disposable or reusable nappies.

The most significant environmental impacts for all three nappy systems were on
resource depletion, acidification and global warming. For one child, over two and a
half years, these impacts are roughly comparable with driving a car between 1300
and 2200 miles
." [emphasis added]

http://www.ahpma.co.uk/docs/LCA.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back