Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over the Top methods of diapering

Default Over the Top methods of diapering

Sorry if I made a repeat or misplaced this but I was wondering if anyone else goes overboard when it comes to being diapered?

I usually use lots of oils. creams powder(excessive) and my favorite disposable diaper. Followed by plastic pants and onesie and lastly pajamas.

Thanks

Describes my bedtime almost like you were watching!

No oils and usually no creams and lately I usually leave out the onesie, and the pajamas must have feet. The diaper will be a premium one that's heavily boosted that I will expect to hold 80 - 120 oz. I do this pretty much every night and sometimes it feels like a chore that I almost don't want to do. But I would rather have the diaper than get up 2 or 3 times during the night, or possibly wet the bed.

Misatoismywaifu

Double to triple abena diapering for fun.

You have to be careful with using excessive oils and powders, if using a diaper with low pulp / high sap the oils and powder could clog the back sheet reducing high rate of absorbency and cause leaks.
    The older tena slip maxi package actually suggests not to use powders with there product.

Oils and lotions seem to be a much bigger problem for absorption from what I've experienced. Powder cakes and then is just ignored. Lotions tend to waterproof the padding

Powder is also a small problem on taping surfaces, whereas lotions and oils are both deadly and difficult to get rid of. (hand washing with soap time)

I'm in a doubbled up little pawz c:

sometimes i'll add two or three goodnites tru fit stuffers to my diaper, when an m4 gets really wet with those in it, it gets huge.

Sometimes I take two Tranquility Slimline Breathables and put one on inside out with a hole in the front, I'll pull my "piece" through the hole and put the second on as normal. This combo holds a ton REALLY securely and it's a strange feeling of being soaked in the morning with ZERO feeling of wetness. Really squishy too.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Oils and lotions seem to be a much bigger problem for absorption from what I've experienced. Powder cakes and then is just ignored. Lotions tend to waterproof the padding

Powder is also a small problem on taping surfaces, whereas lotions and oils are both deadly and difficult to get rid of. (hand washing with soap time)
    Ouch. I didn't realise they had such an effect on absorption. Any suggestions what kind of preparation should be used down there instead of those?

Also, in response to the OP, I actually don't see that as too over the top. I'll usually change into a pin-on cloth diaper and plastic pants. Starting this winter I will likely be wearing one-piece pyjamas over that.