I told my friend and learned she also is incontinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowza

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I have a good friend who always posts on Facebook about crohn's disease and advocates for those dealing with it, this friend also has crohn's. I decided to message her and tell how how great of posts and information she is posting and how I love learning about conditions and how I empathize with those who have conditions.

She replies,"I didn't know that! (And it's hard to be vocal...I still get embarrassed when people hear me use the bathroom!)"
I then reply and say I grew up with one and still have one that is embarrassing and how today I find it hard to find love because of it.
Out of curiosity she asks, "If you don't mind me asking, what is your condition?" I open up and tell her about growing up with stress incontinence up til high school and told her about 14 years ago my bedwetting came back.
She replies:"Our bodies are imperfect! I'm sorry to hear this. How are you managing it now? (If that's not too personal a question. ..totally ignore if it is.)"
I tell her I wear diapers to bed overnight and wet almost nightly.
Next message totally shocks me. She replies: "Me, too!, I remember being so ashamed when I was a teenager who was dealing with incontinence...that's what babies and old people have to do!"

I would have never thought besides her battling crohns disease that she would be incontinent. It felt so amazing to be open and to know that I have a friend who also deals with incontinence and wearing protection for it. I feel like this brought us closer.

Reactions: cantwait
You would never believe the number of people who are embarrased by Crohn's or the jumber of people that have such problems caused by the disease that they have to wear diapers to manage it.

I have a friend who worked for the same national company making grape juice for 27 years and her doctor made her take 2 months of disability time last year because of a really severe flare up of her Crohn's, when she went to go back to work she couldnt because they fired her for being sick, i told her the name of another friend of mine who is a fantastic Attorney who is now representing her in a Discrimination and wrongfull termination suit against the company, and i hope she squishes them like a grape in her settlement of the lawsuit when it winds it way through court.

Tetra said:
You would never believe the number of people who are embarrased by Crohn's or the jumber of people that have such problems caused by the disease that they have to wear diapers to manage it.

I have a friend who worked for the same national company making grape juice for 27 years and her doctor made her take 2 months of disability time last year because of a really severe flare up of her Crohn's, when she went to go back to work she couldnt because they fired her for being sick, i told her the name of another friend of mine who is a fantastic Attorney who is now representing her in a Discrimination and wrongfull termination suit against the company, and i hope she squishes them like a grape in her settlement of the lawsuit when it winds it way through court.

This is why the American public is angry, especially at big business. Life is imperfect at best. We need our jobs but at some point, we're going to get sick. One shouldn't be fired because their body is imperfect. I can understand being put on leave and perhaps paid less, but at the end of the illness, we need to go back to work and our job should be waiting. This is why life scares the crap out of most people. You never know what's waiting around the corner, and just one long illness can bankrupt you.

No Im just surprised I never thought I would have a friend who is also incontinent. We have been talking a lot more about it. Besides Crohn's she also is urinary incontinent. Besides this group, I know have support from someone that I personally know.

Reactions: cantwait
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back