Not open for further replies.

nites

Rep for CrinkleCrate
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to announce a new business designed for the AB/DL community!

Crinkle Crate is a brand new business catering specifically to the AB/DL community. Each month a "themed" box of 4-7 hand curated items will be shipped directly to your door. Items that might be in the box include: onesies, rompers, shortalls, footed sleepers, plastic pants, diaper covers, pacifiers, baby bottles, cloth diapers, disposable diapers, stuffed animals, toys and more!

Head on over to Crinkle Crate and sign up to receive email updates, like who we've already partnered with, new partners, sneak-peak pictures, and to hear when we are officially launching! If you have a moment, please answer the short survey as well, so we can better design each months box!

I'd love to hear your questions and comments!

(Moderators, I apologize if this in the wrong thread, I wasn't sure where it should go. Please feel free to move it to a better thread if need be)

As amazing as it sounds to receive items monthly, I would probably not be able to participate. Let me explain.

I am married with a child. My wife is aware, but not approving. My child is obviously not aware. If I were to receive a box every month, there would be questions. Questions I would be uncomfortable answering. To continue with family matters, the cost would be important. Too expensive and I will question affordability. Too cheap and I will question what kind of items I will receive.

AB items are expensive. You mention clothing. 4-7 items of clothing will cost upwards of $200. $2400/year. We've left the splurge point and entered divorce proceedings. Even small items like pacifiers are over $25. The least expensive would be disposable diapers. If you go cheap $7-$10 per month. Customers will want premium, $14-$20 per month. And so on.

Sizing seems complicated. So much variation available with different manufacterers. Keeping track seems difficult.

The main issue for me is the binge/purge cycle. This is not a 27/7/365 thing for me. When I am binging (like now), the more the better. In purge, I don't want to see the stuff, let alone be reminded monthly and try and figure out where I am putting my new items.

These are my personal feelings. I would be surprised if I was alone. I also hate to rain on people's parades as much as it might seem I enjoy it. Please do this. Just understand the incredible obstacles,

Plasticsounds, I completely understand your view points!

Although it is a monthly subscription box service, you will not be locked into any contracts and can cancel at any time. If you want to only order a one time box you can do that as well. The box that will be shipped to you is completely discrete and won't have any indications of whats inside the box.

AB/DL items are definitely expensive! And that is the whole reason I am pursuing this business, to be able to bring high quality AB/DL items at an affordable price. The 4-7 items won't all be clothing, it will be a mixture of some clothes, some accessories, and some diapers. An example of one box items is: 1 onesie, 1 plastic pants, 1 pacifier, 4-6 disposable diapers, and 1-2 toys. We have already partnered with several AB/DL companies to feature well trusted products and we are also manufacturing our own products.

Sizing will be the most complicated for us. When ordering your box you will be asked your sizing dimensions and every box will be hand picked and packed to ensure the correct sizes go in your box. If you do receive an item that does not fit we will exchange it right away with the correct size.

Like I said. Please make this happen. I like the idea of contract-free. The mixed-item box was what I figured you would do. Great for newbies that don't know what they want, yet.

This seems like a good idea. However I don't think it would be monthly. I'd also like to know the price of each crate. My income isn't very disposable.

Hi MeTaLMaNN1983!

Thanks for your reply! The prices are not official yet, but will be in the range of $40-60 per box, and each box contents will retail for $100 or more! You won't be locked into any plans and can cancel your subscription any time. You can also place a one-time purchase if you like as well.

I love the term "disposable income", when used on this site.

I like to think of my income as cloth with a PVC cover.

I like this idea, as long as someone could pick a theme (baby boy, baby girl, sissy, ect) for their boxes.

That is our ultimate goal. We have also discussed having one "Gender Neutral" box but not sure how people would feel about it. Thanks for your input!

If it was cheap monthly cost like around $40 dollars a months it would be perfect but that all my budget I could afford for this type of thing.

We are planning on having three different pricing tiers, and the lowest one will be around $40 a month.

I'd love to hear what you would like to receive in a $40 box? It will help us better finalize what should go in each box!

And thanks for your comment!

This is a great idea in spirit, and fantasy.

I've been thinking about how to best respond to this in terms that make sense, both from an abdl standpoint, and, most importantly, from a business standpoint.

There's no real way to soften this: You will fail in less than six months. Many others have tried, and saw a similar fate.

Let's start with the data, because that's tantamount to everything else going forward, and, honestly, the foundation of any good business- What data do you have that suggests you have a target market, (or anything that resembles a market) that's not just interested in this product, but that fills a need? Further, what is the sustainability? What is the feasibility?

Look around here - how many adisc members are out, open, and have the financial ability to subscribe to your product on a regular basis? Feel free free to expand that to any other place we gather - Fetlife, Tumblr. . . DailyDi?
How many of them live on their own and don't answer to anyone, in terms of spending habits, mail, and living situation? All of those things are really needed in the community, before people can truly enjoy a luxury like a subscription box of stuff that many people go out of their way to hide.

Let's talk anecdotal numbers, because nobody has any, short of a poll-based survey on ABDL message boards. Figure there are only 100,000 ABDLs in the world; out of that 100k, probably only 1000, maybe 5000, MAX, meet your criteria to truly be a customer. You're at 1-5% of your total market, and even then, it looks sketchy at best.

Now, let's talk supply.

Most designer diaps are coming in at about 2.00/ea, and that's a case quantity price. So, 4-6diaps per box, you're at $12 per box, right there, just in diapers. Can you buy enough stock of three sizes of diapers to get your cost down to less than 2/ea? Doubtful, not without serious funding. I'll get back to that in a sec.

Onesies are 30-60/ea and, except in the case of BabyPantz, CuteTurtle (see the promo shoot on my blog, btw!), and maybe one other, are made by hand, one at a time. So, again, how can you buy enough handmade goods to get your cost down below retail, in sizes people want and need?

Nuk5-6s, etc- same thing - pricey, even at cost.

Selection - how will you sustain the program with new and interesting products on a regular basis? It's not like new stuff comes out every month..

Let's talk about Shipping!

Drop-ship is easiest, of course, because like in the case of auto parts, anybody can sign up to be an online dealer and commit to a certain volume, and then flex their marketing prowess to score sales at a discount, netting a profit, without actually having bought, stored, shipped, or even touched the actual end product.

But, you have multiple, "curated" products. That require touch and organization, most importantly, time. What is your time worth?

Then, there's the actual shipping. . . Figure all this could maybe fit into a Medium Flat Rate box, whose current rate is 13.-something.

$12+$30+$45, plus $13.5 shipping.. That's $100 COST! Assuming you're a nice guy and only charge cost, you're out at least 3% per box, realistically, closer to twenty because Authorize dot net and CNP (card not present) CC processing charges. And then there's the hassle of "anonymity".for your customers, who, again, are probably not comfortable buying abdl stuff for fear of getting outed.. At that price point, you're the same as a case of diapers, which, if given the choice, nearly all ABDLs would choose the case of diapers over a box that cost the same, but only had a fraction of the diapers, even if it were filled with a onesie made from unicorn mane and a binky with a nipple made from Anna Nicole Smith's actual nipples.

How much working capital do you have to buy enough product, in multiple sizes that you can get your cost down to at least 50% of retail? How about storing it and putting it together for shipping?

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Your heart is in the right place, but your head has got you on a course for a colossally poor financial decision. Remember, you are not the only ABDL entrepreneur - Daphne, Jeff, Gary (TBHG, not King), and a host of other successful ABDL business owners have arrived at the box idea long ago, already tried to make the numbers work, and came to the same conclusion : it doesn't. And again, even if you solved for your supply chain roadblocks, your market is still very, very small.

Sorry to be so rough, but there are plenty of other, more fun, and more productive ways to waste your money. PM me for PayPal details and you can send it to me- I'm gonna start Forex and Day-Trading next month, I could use the cash! :lol:

Sincerely,

<--Consultant of a failed (coffee) box entrepreneur.

Reactions: HoganBunny
Trisy said:
This is a great idea in spirit, and fantasy.

I've been thinking about how to best respond to this in terms that make sense, both from an abdl standpoint, and, most importantly, from a business standpoint.

There's no real way to soften this: You will fail in less than six months. Many others have tried, and saw a similar fate.

Let's start with the data, because that's tantamount to everything else going forward, and, honestly, the foundation of any good business- What data do you have that suggests you have a target market, (or anything that resembles a market) that's not just interested in this product, but that fills a need? Further, what is the sustainability? What is the feasibility?

Look around here - how many adisc members are out, open, and have the financial ability to subscribe to your product on a regular basis? Feel free free to expand that to any other place we gather - Fetlife, Tumblr. . . DailyDi?
How many of them live on their own and don't answer to anyone, in terms of spending habits, mail, and living situation? All of those things are really needed in the community, before people can truly enjoy a luxury like a subscription box of stuff that many people go out of their way to hide.

Let's talk anecdotal numbers, because nobody has any, short of a poll-based survey on ABDL message boards. Figure there are only 100,000 ABDLs in the world; out of that 100k, probably only 1000, maybe 5000, MAX, meet your criteria to truly be a customer. You're at 1-5% of your total market, and even then, it looks sketchy at best.

Now, let's talk supply.

Most designer diaps are coming in at about 2.00/ea, and that's a case quantity price. So, 4-6diaps per box, you're at $12 per box, right there, just in diapers. Can you buy enough stock of three sizes of diapers to get your cost down to less than 2/ea? Doubtful, not without serious funding. I'll get back to that in a sec.

Onesies are 30-60/ea and, except in the case of BabyPantz, CuteTurtle (see the promo shoot on my blog, btw!), and maybe one other, are made by hand, one at a time. So, again, how can you buy enough handmade goods to get your cost down below retail, in sizes people want and need?

Nuk5-6s, etc- same thing - pricey, even at cost.

Selection - how will you sustain the program with new and interesting products on a regular basis? It's not like new stuff comes out every month..

Let's talk about Shipping!

Drop-ship is easiest, of course, because like in the case of auto parts, anybody can sign up to be an online dealer and commit to a certain volume, and then flex their marketing prowess to score sales at a discount, netting a profit, without actually having bought, stored, shipped, or even touched the actual end product.

But, you have multiple, "curated" products. That require touch and organization, most importantly, time. What is your time worth?

Then, there's the actual shipping. . . Figure all this could maybe fit into a Medium Flat Rate box, whose current rate is 13.-something.

$12+$30+$45, plus $13.5 shipping.. That's $100 COST! Assuming you're a nice guy and only charge cost, you're out at least 3% per box, realistically, closer to twenty because Authorize dot net and CNP (card not present) CC processing charges. And then there's the hassle of "anonymity".for your customers, who, again, are probably not comfortable buying abdl stuff for fear of getting outed.. At that price point, you're the same as a case of diapers, which, if given the choice, nearly all ABDLs would choose the case of diapers over a box that cost the same, but only had a fraction of the diapers, even if it were filled with a onesie made from unicorn mane and a binky with a nipple made from Anna Nicole Smith's actual nipples.

How much working capital do you have to buy enough product, in multiple sizes that you can get your cost down to at least 50% of retail? How about storing it and putting it together for shipping?

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Your heart is in the right place, but your head has got you on a course for a colossally poor financial decision. Remember, you are not the only ABDL entrepreneur - Daphne, Jeff, Gary (TBHG, not King), and a host of other successful ABDL business owners have arrived at the box idea long ago, already tried to make the numbers work, and came to the same conclusion : it doesn't. And again, even if you solved for your supply chain roadblocks, your market is still very, very small.

Sorry to be so rough, but there are plenty of other, more fun, and more productive ways to waste your money. PM me for PayPal details and you can send it to me- I'm gonna start Forex and Day-Trading next month, I could use the cash! :lol:

Sincerely,

<--Consultant of a failed (coffee) box entrepreneur.

I disagree and would politely ask you to refrain from commenting rude comments on any other posts, this is the third rude comment I have seen tonight.

I myself have 2 successful businesses, I am also a law student and I mentor 6 entrepreneurs. Funnily enough I looked into doing this business idea myself and with a good database of contacts and some passion for my company, it is completely viable, its not about what you know, its about who you know.

As I teach my mentees, if you love what you do and have a passion for doing it, you cannot fail. I always ask them what they love to do as a hobby and we develop a business idea from that, you want to know something? my mentees businesses never fail, they don't even know how to.

LittleBelle said:
I disagree and would politely ask you to refrain from commenting rude comments on any other posts, this is the third rude comment I have seen tonight.

I myself have 2 successful businesses, I am also a law student and I mentor 6 entrepreneurs. Funnily enough I looked into doing this business idea myself and with a good database of contacts and some passion for my company, it is completely viable, its not about what you know, its about who you know.

As I teach my mentees, if you love what you do and have a passion for doing it, you cannot fail. I always ask them what they love to do as a hobby and we develop a business idea from that, you want to know something? my mentees businesses never fail, they don't even know how to.

That's fantastic! So you're a law student? That's SO GREAT. I must concede to your all-knowingness . :rolleyes:

No sane person would sink the money into a venture that would require the sheer volume of capital that is required to get desireable ABDL products down into the profitable resale range - It has not been done sucessfully yet. You're absolutely right - it's WHO you know. I've been active in this community for ten years. I know a good amount of people. Pretty sure OP doesn't have the connections, otherwise, I'd know him, too. As I said, this idea has already been proposed multiple times by people with the cash flow to make it happen, and they've arrived at the conclusion that it just isn't viable, just as I demonstrated, albeit simply. I admire your positivity, but you have to approach these kinds of business ideas with a healthy dose of reality. The reality is, the market can't sustain a product like this, and it's neither sustainable, nor finiancially viable for enough of the target market to actually be profitable. And if it's not profitable, you're not doing it right.

I wish OP the best, but, the odds are stacked pretty hard against him.

vin-diesel-fast-furious.jpg

Trisy said:
That's fantastic! So you're a law student? That's SO GREAT. I must concede to your all-knowingness . :rolleyes:

No sane person would sink the money into a venture that would require the sheer volume of capital that is required to get desireable ABDL products down into the profitable resale range - It has not been done sucessfully yet. You're absolutely right - it's WHO you know. I've been active in this community for ten years. I know a good amount of people. Pretty sure OP doesn't have the connections, otherwise, I'd know him, too. As I said, this idea has already been proposed multiple times by people with the cash flow to make it happen, and they've arrived at the conclusion that it just isn't viable, just as I demonstrated, albeit simply. I admire your positivity, but you have to approach these kinds of business ideas with a healthy dose of reality. The reality is, the market can't sustain a product like this, and it's neither sustainable, nor finiancially viable for enough of the target market to actually be profitable. And if it's not profitable, you're not doing it right.

I wish OP the best, but, the odds are stacked pretty hard against him.

View attachment 25770

I love how you picked on the law student part instead of the fact I also run 2 companies and mentor 6 businesses :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter how many people you think you know in this community, it matters who you know that has power to make things happen. Do you have connections with manufacturers, mailing companies, powerful barristers and successful businesses who happen to be in a similar industry? I do.

There are plenty of other details I could add however considering your other rude posts, you are most certainly not worth my time. Have a good day.

This turned into a pissing contest quickly.

I agree that the last two posters were not very polite, which in my first post, I was trying to be.

All snarky comments aside, I think littlebelle has some very good points to make. As a mentor, you should be keenly aware of the value of listening to others.

I wish you much luck with this. When it gets off of the ground, let us know. I will be interested in what you have to offer.

One final point. You mention that you teach your mentees to never fail. This seems short-sighted and eventually bad advice. A 100% success rate is a noble goal, but impossible to count on. One ultimately learns more from failure, than from success. I hope you at least mention failure as a possible outcome.

plasticsounds said:

I agree that the last two posters were not very polite, which in my first post, I was trying to be.

All snarky comments aside, I think littlebelle has some very good points to make. As a mentor, you should be keenly aware of the value of listening to others.

I wish you much luck with this. When it gets off of the ground, let us know. I will be interested in what you have to offer.

One final point. You mention that you teach your mentees to never fail. This seems short-sighted and eventually bad advice. A 100% success rate is a noble goal, but impossible to count on. One ultimately learns more from failure, than from success. I hope you at least mention failure as a possible outcome.

This was not any sort of contest, I did not want to see some rude poster discourage OP. I like to stand up to rude people.

And I certainly do listen to people who are worth listening to.

I never mention failure as a possible outcome because my mentees never fail, they may find a couple of ways things will not work but they certainly do not fail because they never give up. The only way to fail is to give up.

plasticsounds said:

Why would he? Remember - He has "two businesses, mentors 6 others AND goes to law school." First-year law students know EVERYTHING, and, probably has time to goto online "law school" while managing their Amway Global and "essential" oil accounts.

The things I've learned from my failed ventures were that, despite the passion and want, no matter how well-written your business plan may be, if people don't buy it, and don't buy enough of it, you won't make it, plain and simple.

The Subscription box services are ideal in other markets because there are too many options, and there lots of boutique start-ups that even connoisseurs/afficionados don't see because of this. By contrast, the ABDL market is small. When something new comes out, anybody that visits ABDL websites or blogs regularly knows about it within 30-days or so, and, if they've got the cash, they'll buy. This is more for items like diapers, however, doesn't really apply for one-off, hand-made stuff like onesies and other apparel. Additionally, there just aren't that many new products, nor is there the selection of such, that would make a Subscription box service sustainable. There are maybe 3 different competing brands of any given product in the ABDL range, from diapers, to clothing, to accessories. Only 3 of which are mass-produced enough that the supply-chain can be tweaked so as to cut in a healthy resale profit.

The market just isn't there for a product like this, and, where it does exist, the contents are already being purchased by that market, direct from the source.

Shame I can't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back