Why does this happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlbychoice

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For the last few weeks/month now I have been wearing my nappies to bed. Before then it was on and off.
I have been able to wet during the night quite easily. What happens I wake up slightly and start wetting then either stay awake until I finish or manage to fall back to sleep before I finish.

Now what happened last night and a few other nights in the past I wake up and I have to really push to wet. Why does this happen. I thought my body has got used to wetting at night. When I do eventually start wetting its almost a flood.

How do I stop this from happening. I know it sound wierd but I'm wearing nappies for a reason. This is frustrating.

Any suggestions?

it just takes time. For me, I find it's more difficult to relax and wet as morning approaches. The first wetting of the night is almost effortless, but by morning I'm having to concentrate more. But that may be due to how full my bladder is. (more full = easier to go?)

Last night was a bit easier. Still had to concentrate a bit but I wet easier. In the mornings it's more difficult for me. I wake up and I feel my bladder is fullish. So I try relax and can't. But the minute I get up and go make coffee or go do something I start wetting. Although this morning I was in bed for a bit longer and manage to start wetting. I think that my mind is stopping it in case of a leak. But at the same time the nappies I'm wearing at the moment are seriously good. I think I'm still learning to trust these nappies especially for second wettings.
Frustrating........

It does get easier, I'll wet almost as soon as I get in bed, then anytime I wake needing to pee i just can relax and go very easily, lots and lots of time I don't even wake fully and it is almost a constant dribbling between wets

So I have been wearing nappies to bed every night. Wetting some night is easier than others.
Last night I had to concentrate once I was done went back to sleep. Only to wake up a bit later to my dog wanting to go out. So I let the dog out suddenly I feel this coolness around my waist. I feel and find my sleeping shorts damp. Now I remeber when I had to concentrate and wet, it wasn't that much. Well not enough to fill my nappy. Could I have wet a second time in my sleep?.
Also lately I'm starting to have side leaks again. I have been using the nappies for sometime now. Well since I started wearing at night and haven't had a leaking problem with these nappies. What's going on?????
I love being a DL, but the frustrations that come with it are not cool.

chamberpot said:
It does get easier, I'll wet almost as soon as I get in bed, then anytime I wake needing to pee i just can relax and go very easily, lots and lots of time I don't even wake fully and it is almost a constant dribbling between wets
Same here. I always wet my nappy once I am comfortable in bed and after that I usually just pee in my sleep or am vaguely aware of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't sweat it. Just relax and enjoy the road to nightly wetting. As for leaks just protect the bed and don't worry about them. All bedwetters will end up sleeping in wet sheets sometimes. I often leak if I wet heavily but if you have a kylie or washable pad under your sheet things stay warm and you should still remain comfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

Dlbychoice said:
Last night was a bit easier. Still had to concentrate a bit but I wet easier. In the mornings it's more difficult for me. I wake up and I feel my bladder is fullish. So I try relax and can't. But the minute I get up and go make coffee or go do something I start wetting. Although this morning I was in bed for a bit longer and manage to start wetting. I think that my mind is stopping it in case of a leak. But at the same time the nappies I'm wearing at the moment are seriously good. I think I'm still learning to trust these nappies especially for second wettings.
Frustrating........
Leaks happen, protect your bed and don't worry about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Dlbychoice said:
For the last few weeks/month now I have been wearing my nappies to bed. Before then it was on and off.
I have been able to wet during the night quite easily. What happens I wake up slightly and start wetting then either stay awake until I finish or manage to fall back to sleep before I finish.

Now what happened last night and a few other nights in the past I wake up and I have to really push to wet. Why does this happen. I thought my body has got used to wetting at night. When I do eventually start wetting its almost a flood.

How do I stop this from happening. I know it sound wierd but I'm wearing nappies for a reason. This is frustrating.

Any suggestions?

Best advice I can give is just relax and let it flow. If you get hung up about it all then it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back