Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Followup to "Fun Ride" by bn3baby

Default Followup to "Fun Ride" by bn3baby

... previous thread came up in a google search, wanted to contribute this reply...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apbQ...5IR3WKJElpSHx-

As to the toyota one... those carriers aren't that comfortable. If y'all look up a "kinderpack," however, those ARE, and I have made one.

Hi private1 Was looking at the "kinderpack" and it's like the "ERGO" carrier that I have these are much the same and are ok. The carrier that I am looking for at a good price is the Deuter Kid Comfort III. This looks like a very comfortable carrier the down side it's not cheap so it will have to come used from a second hand story.[ATTACH=CONFIG]25Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91nQdlQbJ4L__SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	25737735[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	819DcW-+nvL__SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	25736.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	816fV-8A6YL__SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	25735  

I have a lot of the frame carriers, and the old "LL Kids" (made by Kelty) one is by far the best.

There are a few different versions of Ergo but, of the ones currently available, the fabric/style is the main difference. They're all the same size. There are four different sizes of the kinderpack, and the "preschool" one is about as close as one can get to fitting a small adult rider correctly.

I'm 5'0" 120lbs, roughly the size of a well-fed 12-year-old for comparison... I haven't bought a KP ($200 is a lot of money) but I have cloned the preschool one, same size, and it's really good.

I'm working on a scaled-up version for an absolute perfect fit but I'm not sure how it's going to fit the "adult," I may have to make some considerable style/shape/cut changes rather than simply scaling it.

Please forgive the double attachments... between the forum software and Debian Linux, something is on a mission to torture me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160308 kp clone.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	25738  

Quote Originally Posted by private1 View Post
    I have a lot of the frame carriers, and the old "LL Kids" (made by Kelty) one is by far the best.

There are a few different versions of Ergo but, of the ones currently available, the fabric/style is the main difference. They're all the same size. There are four different sizes of the kinderpack, and the "preschool" one is about as close as one can get to fitting a small adult rider correctly.

I'm 5'0" 120lbs, roughly the size of a well-fed 12-year-old for comparison... I haven't bought a KP ($200 is a lot of money) but I have cloned the preschool one, same size, and it's really good.

I'm working on a scaled-up version for an absolute perfect fit but I'm not sure how it's going to fit the "adult," I may have to make some considerable style/shape/cut changes rather than simply scaling it.

Please forgive the double attachments... between the forum software and Debian Linux, something is on a mission to torture me.
    Hi private1
    I think this is what your looking for. I like it but would like the back rest a little higher Dose look like a fun ride.

https://youtu.be/JfdOAA6IFGE

Indeed.

It is now being scaled to 1.25x width and 1.50x height.

It's been a very long night - shoulder straps and waist thingy being attached tomorrow.

This is for all you baby wearing fans try this out for fun. I will go for the number one spot where Chris is and pass on the other kids. Could be a great ride.

bn3baby

https://youtu.be/R6FjX1y9C60

Ahh yes, that is one of my favorite videos.

Searching google for "adultwearing tag" (no quotes) brought up some inspiring images as well.

I hit a snag with my scaled-up kp in that I ran out of fabric and have been working ridiculous hours. I did pick up more material yesterday but am on the road again today. Hopefully will get it done tonight and post some photos.

Construction is complete, still struggling with time though.

Default Scaled-up version, test fit.

Given the time of day I don't have any friends here right now, and given the amount of alcohol consumed by my roommate this evening, he's not an option... but I wanted to get something up here, so here's a fit demonstration using a mannequin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160413 002742 22410.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	25997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160413 010739 25710.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	25998

I neglected to move the ladder. Oops.

Compared to the preschool kinderpack, this is 25% wider and 50% taller.

Next, bn3baby... I think it's you that had a diy-scaled Merry Muscles in another thread I found... I think you're going to wind up being a big inspiration here... I bought the baby-sized MM a while back... guess what my next sewing project is?

Wow that is a really cool carrier well done private1. Can we see more photos of how you made and when can I go for a ride.

The super Merry Muscles I had made by Forever A Kid. Sent photos of mu Special Needs Merry Muscles and it was scaled up from there. It dose need some padding but it's fun. I did make some changes to the Special Needs Merry Muscles and I find it a better ride.

Also have a baby Trekker that is a good ride.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6974.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	26001