Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Are they even worth looking at? I was going to order some diapers, but my father will be around for a week, so it's risky to order online. I've heard a lot of people say they can't find diapers in store, so I thought I should ask before I waste the time.

Medical supply stores and independent pharmacies are the only hope for decent diapers in most areas. The pharmacies will likely carry something like the Tena Super, which is a very decent diaper, and the medical supply stores may carry Tena, Molicare, or Tranquility. I've seen all of those available in my area in one place or another, and I certainly haven't looked everywhere. Close, but everywhere. :)

-RMS

It will vary with each store, at least that's what I have found. Here I have run into "well we can order it for you" which sounds alright but you have to order like say two full cases and if it's a new brand you're looking to try out its not worth it. Again that's here and where I am there isn't a lot of medical supply places around or the hours they run are useless for someone who works a 9-5 job.

Another option here is to order online, but have the diapers shipped to a store. For instance, Staples--yes THAT Staples--sells Molicare Super Plus diapers and will ship them to your local store. The prices are pretty good, and it's a great way to get a good diaper without having them show up on your doorstep.

-RMS

Molicare are some of my favorite diapers, but I don't have a Staples here where I live. I don't have a lot of things here. No Gamestop, Target,CVS, Walgreens, or even a Super Walmart. I think I'm going to have to try holding out for a week and then order diapers online. (This might be a stressful week)

- - - Updated - - -

I went a town over looking for diapers and came up with nothing. Everything there was cheap and won't hold a decent wetting let alone a heavy soak.

You could always order online and have them hold the package at the post office/UPS/FedEx center.

I don't know where you are located, but you can have orders held at UPS/FedEx centers like was mentioned if you are in thebUS and if you are in Canada you can have Canada Post ship items to a local post office. The later works really well as I used it before Christmas with an order from Age Comfort.

I have in the past dealt with a medical supply store who had a Medline account but they did not have the customer base to be a supplier of their diapers so they would not order them, however i was able to talk them into allowing me and my address to be added to their account and therfor i was able to get my diapers drop shipped from Medline's wearhouse to my house the store never had to deal with my diapers and storage space inventorying the diapers or needing to use any employee time and i got my diapers when i needed and at a cheaper price ( basicly to use their account i gave the supply store 10 dollars for every case i ordered ) so i paid 10 dollars over the actual case price that they would be charged by Medline, so who is gonna complain about 10 bucks profit for doing absolutely nothing, so if you find someone local who has an account with a company that you want diapers from that they dont carry and will not order try my approach, everybody wins i was able to get Moli's cheap and they got ten bucks for each case i ordered yet no company time was spent on this deal other than a onetime 5 minute call to put me and my address on the account and once i was on the account i could request a shipment of any quantity be sent anywhere i wanted them because i was an authorized dealer with Medline. Maybe this will be usefull for somebody else as a way of getting what they need or want from a medica supply store or pharmacy local to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back