NabePup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I just saw this article in my twitter feed and thought it was freaking awesome!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rry-convention-and-the-children-a6921341.html

To sum it up, there's a furry convention happening in Canada. And apparently some Syrian refugees got housed in the same hotel that the con is happening at and all the kids loved seeing all the happy and fluffy fur suiters around. Pretty delightful article if ya ask me!

Haha.....welcome to the western civilization. I wonder what the adults thought about this. Maybe they were more accepting than conservative Baptists and what would that say about some of us?

dogboy said:
I wonder what the adults thought about this...

I was wondering the same thing myself. I'd imagine at the very least they'd all have to be grateful for not being in the middle of a civil war regardless of how they feel about furries.

It was cool to read something nice like this about the furry community (especially after that whole Tony the Tiger fiasco). I bet there were some kids there that have never been out of Syria before and probably think there are parts of the world full of anthropomorphic animals, lol.

Wouldn't that be an interesting and fun world!

That was the most adorable thing I've seen in such a long time ;~;
Those are my fursuit goals right there.

I've been gone for the weekend, but had heard about this happening, but didn't get a chance to see it. I watched several videos on Youtube that people had recorded. It was very emotional.

Legolas said:
That was the most adorable thing I've seen in such a long time ;~;
Those are my fursuit goals right there.

Right? Furries getting together to enjoy themselves and to do some fursuiting while cheering others up with their fursuiting. That's a win-win right there!

Mattew said:
I've been gone for the weekend, but had heard about this happening, but didn't get a chance to see it. I watched several videos on Youtube that people had recorded. It was very emotional.

I've seen lots of photos but no videos yet. I'll check those out. The pictures were really touching and nice so I'd imagine the videos to be similar, if not even more so.

TheCaptain said:
I've seen lots of photos but no videos yet. I'll check those out. The pictures were really touching and nice so I'd imagine the videos to be similar, if not even more so.

I was at a con this weekend, & just starting to go through the whole PCD. I wore a fursuit for the first time. It was an amazing experience. I saw the videos today & got a bit too emotional. There's videos that are the raw uploaded videos, as well as videos that are news reports talking about it, giving information about the refugees & the furries & showing video of the interacting.

The first one I watched was recorded at the con that it happened. I think it was shown during a closing ceremony. Very touching.

:) They probably had a hard time in Syria and considering everything i this really must of helped, as sort of a right place at the right time kinda thing.

So adorable. :D

I'm glad to see people actually helping/caring about them, there's so much hate now it's sad. This made me happy. Thanks for sharing :)

FluffyMastiff said:
So adorable. :D

I'm glad to see people actually helping/caring about them, there's so much hate now it's sad. This made me happy. Thanks for sharing :)

I 100% aggree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back