Buying at Amazon US site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondl2nd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have read other posts about buying diapers from Amazon (US site). But am still not clear about some things.

I know of the 'Ship in Amazon Box' option available for some boxes of diapers sold by Amazon. Will the diapers arrive in a single plain Amazon box, or in a box within a box (the original Goodnites/pull-ups box inside a plain Amazon box)?

In the latter, is the outer box much bigger than the original Goodnites/pull-ups box? In other words, is there alot of empty space between the two boxes?

I am asking because I'm thinking of using a shipping forwarder. Shipping forwarders charge by volume weight, and I am afraid of paying a big amount shipping empty air. :sad:

Another question:
For the Amazon US site, when using Amazon Global Standard International shipping to ship a box of diapers (if it can be shipped internationally),
a declaration on the contents will be printed or pasted on the box. Will that label mention anything about diapers?

If it says "fulfilled by Amazon" then it ships in a plain Amazon box (the label will have the sellers name on it though in the 'from' field). Anything else not sold by Amazon is up to the seller how it's packaged.

irnub said:
If it says "fulfilled by Amazon" then it ships in a plain Amazon box (the label will have the sellers name on it though in the 'from' field). Anything else not sold by Amazon is up to the seller how it's packaged.
Thanks.
I'm not planning to buy anything not marked with "fulfilled by Amazon".

Hope someone can answer my questions.

The box with the merchandise you order will be placed in the next-size-larger Amazon shipping box, with packing material (air balloons about the size of a snack-bag of potato chips) sufficient to keep the box from banging around inside.

It won't be that much bigger than the package, so don't expect to pay an outrageous amount.

I order abena m4 and l4 from amazon all the time, and not a single time have they came in anything but a non discreet package(normal amazon box). I would guess that most places have adopted a similar protocol as discretion is always the key to repeat customers :)

I buy XL girls Goodnites from Amazon, but it's an oversize order at a very good price, and it comes from a private shipper. I got a big surprise the first time I ordered them and they were sitting at my front door in their big bright Girls Goodnite box. I quickly took them inside. I think Amazon was just a middle agent and they came directly from the other company.

Does anyone have any experience on international ordering of diapers from Amazon to share?
You can opt for 'Ship in Amazon box', but will the labels on the box mention the contents?

dogboy said:
I buy XL girls Goodnites from Amazon, but it's an oversize order at a very good price, and it comes from a private shipper. I got a big surprise the first time I ordered them and they were sitting at my front door in their big bright Girls Goodnite box. I quickly took them inside. I think Amazon was just a middle agent and they came directly from the other company.
That must have been an embarassing shock. One good reason to buy only 'fulfilled by Amazon'.

I work at Amazon, and the policy is to send adult personal hygiene(adult diapers, and feminine products) in a discrete manner, however children's diaper products are sent in a non-discrete manner. For example, Depends Guards would be sent in an Amazon box, but a bedwetting product like Goodnights would be send in the box it come from the manufacture. This is why I send my size 7 Cruisers to my PO Box close to where is work, instead of my house. The other four reasons I do this are because I don't want my mail delivery driver too wonder why I am ordering diapers when there are no young kids in the house, I don't want to take the chance of my parents seeing what I am ordering, I don't want my nosy neighbors to see what I am ordering, and lastly I don't want my package on my front porch where it can be stolen.

Jondl2nd said:
Does anyone have any experience on international ordering of diapers from Amazon to share?
You can opt for 'Ship in Amazon box', but will the labels on the box mention the contents?

That must have been an embarassing shock. One good reason to buy only 'fulfilled by Amazon'.

I have order a case of Abena L4's, I think Northshore were the supplier, I sent it to the NZ post warehouse in Oregon where they forwarded it on to me.... mainly to save a little on shipping with the free shipping I received. It was discreetly packaged and I found there was no wasted space, customs declaration I think was health items or medical items or something on those lines, so it's very difficult for anyone looking at the package and customs declaration to determine what's inside.

I feel the only risk of people knowing what you ordered is if the open the box themselves. Just my two cents.

Actually, the manufactuers are beginning to catch on. Most are not putting anything on the outside of the boxes other than the size to identify what is inside (of course, someone who is familiar with receiving these items will probably recognize them. Some of the people I've ordered from just turn the boxes inside out and retape them.

I'm having a little issue with Northshore right now. They seem to use a very dangerously insecure spamhouse (Critero) and they've not explained why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back