Diapers and Anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aston

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So, before today, it's been a while since I've posted since Decemeber. In Decemeber I was getting anxiety pretty bad to the point I had to to go to the ER during an anxiety attack thinking I was having a heart attack. Needless to say I was not and just anxiety issues. Dr prescribed me Xanax to control the anxiety and was taking 3 pills a day it was that bad. In the mix of this I told my wife about me wearing diapers and she's supportive. Find out that when I'm wearing diapers, I don't feel the symptoms of anxiety. But when I stop, I get the bubble in my throat, I get anxious, I have issues breathing which leads to my body feeling completely numb. Horrible feeling. Once I take Xanax, this all goes away like nothing happeneds.

Sometime in January I was wanting to go back to not wearing diapers, more like wanting to take a break. Once I put my underwear and jeans on, and walk out the door, I get anxious and back on Xanax. Couple days later wife suggested I put the diapers back on and boom no need for Xanax.

Has anyone ever gone through this? I've been sailing since then wearing diapers and not really addressing the issue. I enjoy wearing diapers and I'm okay to wear through years end. But am I training myself mentally to wear diapers? I have not gone more the 10 minutes (showering) from wearing a diaper since the last time I took Xanax in January. I feel so dependent on diapers now because I don't get anxiety attack that I don't want to stop wearing. I should maybe go through tonight and tomorrow to see if I can go through the day without wearing to see if I get another attack.

Thoughts?

I think you want to wear diapers and that your wife is supportive.
I think that diapers are better than drugs to mitigate anxiety.
If you don't want to wear diapers, stop.

I am a similar thing with the anxiety. I also have what feels like signs of depression that pop up when I haven't been diapered for a while. Heck I've only been not wearing for a week and already I'm feeling empty and alone. Course, also I haven't seen my dad for two weeks or my mom for a month. I've always been close to them so not seeing them has been quite the damper on moods.

Reactions: perlFerret
Aww :( Yes, honestly when I have got my Nappy on I somehow, and it is incredible how, I forget all my nervousness and depression etc and just feel so comforted and lovely in my nice comfy Nappy, as soon as I take my Nappy off all my horrible upsetting thoughts come back. One thing recently I have found that also really helps with my Anxiety is my Dummy, I suck my Dummy for a good 20 minutes at bedtime and then put it away in my draw and somehow fall asleep very easily, I love my Dummy so much, do you have one?? All the best to you with your Anxiety, with all of my heart.

silentdreamer1996 said:
I am a similar thing with the anxiety. I also have what feels like signs of depression that pop up when I haven't been diapered for a while. Heck I've only been not wearing for a week and already I'm feeling empty and alone. Course, also I haven't seen my dad for two weeks or my mom for a month. I've always been close to them so not seeing them has been quite the damper on moods.

Did you move away from them?

I am living on campus, normally only 30 minutes away from them. They are however several states away and I don't do well with being left alone, never did. I was often traumatized with being left all alone. One time my parents told my older brother to watch me for a weekend, but he ran off to his buddies house for the weekend leaving me home alone. This happened multiple times. Even one time my cousin challenged me to a race then ditched me over a fence. I was lost for three hours. I still remember going into a fetal position and crying for two of those hours. A police officer helped me get home, and had a stern talking to my cousin about his responsibility as an older cousin.

Stopping Is easier said than done !

- - - Updated - - -

question : do you get anxious if you don't wear them ? is it just diapers or diapers and Plastic Pants ? do you feel compelled to wear them? you said that you felt lost and curled up in the fetal position until a policeman found you and helped you home!. How old were you when this happened? also do you use the diapers for their intended purpose or do you use the rest room/Toilet?if by answering these questions and if the answer yes to the Majority of the questions I feel you may be using the diapers as a psychological crutch in my research however it could be part of OCD and Obsession ! which Is bi on impossible in my experience to get away from! as you keep coming back to them.
Xanax is a class of medication called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect. as I said the diapers are doing the same thing but subconsciously! do you have a fear of open spaces?

sapphire said:
Stopping Is easier said than done !

- - - Updated - - -

question : do you get anxious if you don't wear them ? is it just diapers or diapers and Plastic Pants ? do you feel compelled to wear them? you said that you felt lost and curled up in the fetal position until a policeman found you and helped you home!. How old were you when this happened? also do you use the diapers for their intended purpose or do you use the rest room/Toilet?if by answering these questions and if the answer yes to the Majority of the questions I feel you may be using the diapers as a psychological crutch in my research however it could be part of OCD and Obsession ! which Is bi on impossible in my experience to get away from! as you keep coming back to them.
Xanax is a class of medication called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect. as I said the diapers are doing the same thing but subconsciously! do you have a fear of open spaces?

You have combined two stories with mine and silent dreamer....

What brough my anxiety up was getting fired from work for something I never did back in the fall. I was about to file a law suit for deformation to character. Once the company found out I had legal, the company fired me because I wasn't the "right" fit. I had just gotten married and was given an opportunity of a life time and this horse crap came up. Whatever, anyways I was jobless for about a month and found a new job in the same field with more pay but a crap load of more responsibilities. That's when I got the anxiety attacks. During Christmas time, I felt emotionally dead and told my wife about how I enjoy wearing diapers and it calms me down when I get stressed. Find out she has a thing for being a caretaker. Anyways... She was pushing for me to wear 24/7 for a while and I wasn't complaining. When I had my anxiety attack back in December, I noticed symptoms were gone when I was wearing diapers. But once they come off with a plan to not wear for a. While ... I get the symptoms back

I was five at the time. Also I wear for the secure feeling I get. Yes I do occasionally end up using them, but that is due to my IBS-D acting up. But yeah, it seemed like you got Aston and I mixed up.

silentdreamer1996 said:
I am living on campus, normally only 30 minutes away from them. They are however several states away and I don't do well with being left alone, never did. I was often traumatized with being left all alone. One time my parents told my older brother to watch me for a weekend, but he ran off to his buddies house for the weekend leaving me home alone. This happened multiple times. Even one time my cousin challenged me to a race then ditched me over a fence. I was lost for three hours. I still remember going into a fetal position and crying for two of those hours. A police officer helped me get home, and had a stern talking to my cousin about his responsibility as an older cousin.

Being ditched as a kid was so impacting, that when I wrote my novel, I had a number of references to being ditched. It's not a nice thing to do.

On question, I went through a period of having anxiety attacks 20 or so years ago, and it was a frightening experience. It got so bad that one night my wife called for an ambulance as we both thought I was having a heart attack. They were related to a bad job, the kind where you saw your employment crumbling all around you, but there was nothing you could do about it. Eventually I got better, and a few years later, I changed jobs.

As for diaper wearing, I always feel more at ease when wearing. I think I'm a more gentle person when I'm diapered. If I have to go for a long period of not wearing diapers, I feel out of place and like I'm not all the person I now know I am. I somehow feel incomplete.

Wow I know that bubble feeling in the back of my throat and would do anything to not have it.

Back to diapers full time for you if it works as those drugs are death IMO!

I wear diapers and wet when I am at home. I use prescribed anti-depressants but more times then none I just choose to be positive. For some reason this never works when I am alone. Choosing to be positive is a lot easier when your around people. Of course if your around some one who is down right negative and is "woe is me" than that can make things difficult.
I gotten to where I wear diapers all the time now when I am alone. I now sleep with them along with my stuffed animals. I use to take prescribed sleeping medication before I slept with stuffed animals. I started sleeping with stuffed animals back in 2009 when I was in my last year of high school. It was not till recently that I began to use diapers to help with my depression and anxiety. I had some things I needed straiten out before I was willing to accept it.

I have had issues with depression for years on and off, and lately anxiety has been an issue too (racing heartbeat, etc.). I was recently in the hospital for a couple of weeks for surgery and could physically see the difference in my vital signs (blood pressure and pulse rate) when I was diapered and when I wasn't. I wish my hospital wasn't so quick to put in catheters, perhaps I would have been a lot more relaxed wearing them. I suppose I could have just asked for diapers instead of a catheter, but I didnt want to put all that extra work on the nursing staff.

I have once felt such anxiety, that day I had just been told I was not accepted into college because of my poorgrades, affected by my Aspergers an ADHD, I was laying there, and felt like, you know that falling sensation you get sometimes? I got like that but instead of my whole body, it felt like my heart was falling out of my body, after numerous attempts of trying to sleep but the feeling escalating the more I tries to ignore it I woke up my mom and we went to the ER at 4 am.

I can't sleep under stress or anxiety. The first time I met a DL from my country IRL I had such bad anxiety I had to spread my attention to multiple things on my phone, thus not thinking about the meet ormycrippling anxiety, it went fine, he was almost twice my age, offered me food, drink and a ride home, all of which I refused. Nice Guy though.

Diapers are a great stress reliefer, because it gives you security, but wearing diapers at home is more stress and anxiety for mebecause my parents

I, too, deal with anxiety, and find diapers 24/7 helps enormously. Once in awhile I try a break for a morning, and watch for how long it takes before the anxiety comes back. For me its between ten minutes and a few hours.

I wouldn't say the dynamic is quite this pronounced for me. But certainly diapers are a coping mechanism for my anxiety. I do have other helps as well - and that includes daily medication milder than Xanax. But yes, I find diapers to be at least mildly relieving of stress in my life.

I should say, I've rarely if ever been 24:7. It's just about a daily endeavor - but with kids and a career, not possible to go all day without a distinctive medical condition.

Hi Aston,
I get the same way. I have high anxiety. My doctor gives me Valium which helps calm me and my nerves and helps my bladder spasms. I would say wear 24/7 or what you and your wife are in agreement with. I wear 24/7 and notice it does help reduce my anxiety. Plus I don't stress over my OAB/IBS and urge incontinence/dribbles. I know Xanax and Valium are highly addictive so be careful with the drugs and I believe wearing is a much better option. However, you'll need to choose what's best for you.

BambinoPants said:
Hi Aston,
I get the same way. I have high anxiety. My doctor gives me Valium which helps calm me and my nerves and helps my bladder spasms. I would say wear 24/7 or what you and your wife are in agreement with. I wear 24/7 and notice it does help reduce my anxiety. Plus I don't stress over my OAB/IBS and urge incontinence/dribbles. I know Xanax and Valium are highly addictive so be careful with the drugs and I believe wearing is a much better option. However, you'll need to choose what's best for you.

I was prescribed 30 .25 milagrams of Xanax. I went through the bottle pretty quick. Near the end of it I slowed down the amount I was taking but I did call the dr and asked for a refill. He was hesitant on refilling but told him just having the bottle made me feel better and only taking when I have an episode and I'm seeing a counselor to work through the anxiety. I know that when I have an episode I can take a pill and it's gone. So, he refilled my bottle. I still have that bottle unopened. This makes me feel better. With that said, the bottle is unopened because I've been wearing diapersthat help with taming anxiety.

Xanax turned me into a zombie. I'm sharp as a tack and my wife hates that about me. I remember EVERYTHING and can call her out on a lot. Since I started Xanax, we will have conversations and the next day not remember her telling me something. I hate that. We decided on what we were going to do for our next summer vacation... Didn't remember this one bit.

Xanax is used when it's needed. I'm much more pro diapers than pro drugs. In fact, a lot of responses I've been seeing about others with anxiety issues use diapers as a source of medication. Now, if I could only get my HSA or Flex accounts to pay for diapers..... Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back