iD Expert Slip PE Maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprLuv85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What a great diaper! I've been searching for a replacement for my favorite diaper; the Tena Slip Maxi (all plastic). I still have a bag and a half of the Tena's left, but I wanted to find a replacement before I run out.

The iD Expert Slip PE Maxi (available from XP Medical) fits the bill perfectly. I wore one for the first time today. I wore it for about 5 and a half hours wet it four times. They were on the small side, but I felt like it could take a lot more as it shows no signs that it's about to leak. I believe it has a capacity slightly better than that of the Tena Slip Maxi. Thanks to the high SAP to fluff ratio, this diaper absorbs fast and did not clump at all. The tapes are of the dual tape variety. They held up to an entire afternoon of landscaping. They are a good bit thicker than the Tena's, but in my opinion can still be worn in public without notice. As a matter of fact I also wore mine in public today!

All in all, a very solid diaper that is definitely a good replacement for the Tena Slip Maxi. The only drawback being the dual tapes that can only be adjusted to a different position once.

why not just get the new TENA slip active fit maxi or ultima they are fully plastic backed and are better then the old ones

dixon said:
The TENA slip active fit maxi or ultima are not available stateside... To my knowledge.. The ID ESPE Maxi are great!! I loved the case I had of them.

If this ever happens, I seriously want to know... But in the meantime, I guess I'll give the iD's a shot, see how they fit :)

I'm gonna go on ahead and let y'all know that the ID slip diapers do run a little bit smaller than other diapers but overall I wanna say they could go toe to toe with the tena slip maxi I've still got my batch left from this case I ordered awhile back and I meant the plastic back tena hahaha but if anyone has any questions about the ID slips feel free to msg me :)

dixon said:
Yeah I really want to try them... But Europe gets all the best diapers :(

Larger population, larger product diversity generally, and the population of the European Union as a whole is actually a good 50% greater than that of the USA; something that many people don't seem to realise. To say nothing of the EU's immediate neighbours.

I suspect it may also have something to do with the fact that European-style state medical systems are generally better at providing care for chronic conditions like incontinence, whereas the American model is heavily biased towards providing high-quality acute care.

In fact, you can see the different market forces at work by looking at the different sections of the market - America has a relatively narrower range of premium medical nappies compared to Europe, but a wider range of super-premium ABDL providers. ABU, Bambino and Tykables are all American.

Last edited:
DevFox said:
why not just get the new TENA slip active fit maxi or ultima they are fully plastic backed and are better then the old ones

I would love to, but they're not available in my country (US). I have heard excellent things about them and can't wait for a company here to import them. For now, however, I think the iD's will be my replacement.

I much prefer the ID Slip PE backed to the Tena's actually. The Tena's had a slightly better fit on me, but the ID Slips feel nicer, crinkle more, hold more, swell more, and just look so much nicer. They can last a good 12-14 hours overnight without leaking either.

The ID super PE is my choice and I get them on the NHS. They are a bit noisy if your wearing say jogging bottoms but fine if compressed under jeans. They do have a good cappacity and the tapes are strong.

I just got some samples of these from XP Medical last night. I am anxious to try them. It was a long time ago that I tried the all plastic Tenas. I only have the plastic center/cloth side version now.

It's funny because Ontex (who make Lille and ID) deny that these are being made at the moment and say that it's not actually possible to make a PE version of the Maxi. It looks like whoever is selling them in the States (XP I think?) had a full container ordered but the product is actually the super just rebranded as a Maxi. Either way they aren't as absorbent as the cloth backed Maxi that's available in the EU.
But Tena is releasing their Active Fit Maxi in two weeks time in the UK! It sounds like the Ultima will also be available later this year. :)

plasticsounds said:
It was a long time ago that I tried the all plastic Tenas. I only have the plastic center/cloth side version now.

The hybrid Tena Slips were beyond horrible for me. Low capacity, didn't fit well, and the side panels stretched very quickly; requiring a readjustment. I simply don't see the logic behind Tena's decision to discontinue the all plastic version. They were well liked by the ABDL and incontinence communities. I am glad however that it seems our voices have been heard and Tena is starting to release a new all plastic premium diaper in limited markets, although it'll probably be quite some time before we see them in the US; if ever.

JoJo1993 said:
But Tena is releasing their Active Fit Maxi in two weeks time in the UK! It sounds like the Ultima will also be available later this year. :)

That's excellent news! Now I just have to wait until a US company decides to import them!

DPRLuv85 said:
The hybrid Tena Slips were beyond horrible for me. Low capacity, didn't fit well, and the side panels stretched very quickly; requiring a readjustment.

Yeah I got one case and am slowly whittling it down, they require a snugging about 20 minutes after you put them on. Which is almost always inconvenient. And then you'll need to snug them again in a few hrs if you're still wearing it, so I make a point of snugging ONE side only. Then the other on the 2nd move if needed, since you have only two tapes to move.

I too got some samples of iD Slip PE Briefs and m4 will try one shortly.

I tried the ID slip expert (full plastic back as well) awhile back and didn't like them at all. They were not comfortable, clumped up, seemed to immediately smell after one wetting... that's what i remember right now. Is the ID slip PE much different from the expert?

tomviper000 said:
I tried the ID slip expert (full plastic back as well) awhile back and didn't like them at all. They were not comfortable, clumped up, seemed to immediately smell after one wetting... that's what i remember right now. Is the ID slip PE much different from the expert?

The PE stands for polyethylene, which is a type of plastic. The diaper that this thread is referring to is the PE version of the iD Expert Slip Maxi. Officially, it's listed on the iD website as the iD Expert Slip PE. The absorbency that XP Medical sells is the Maxi; which interestingly enough is not listed on iD's website as available with a PE backing. I can only assume either the maxi absorbency was made specifically for XP, or the maxi sold from XP is equivalent to the super on iD's website.

For the most part, I had an opposite experience than you; no clumping and they were very comfortable. They did however have an interesting smell when wet. Not necessarily bad, just different.

I Love the ID Slip PE, kind of became my new go to diaper. I don't really like cloth backed diapers much, but even the cloth-baked iD Slip Soft Maxi is amazing and is obviously more absorbent than the PE version. The Maxi is very bulky between the legs, I like to wear one of these and then put one of the super crinkly baby pants plastic pants so I get the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back