Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iD Expert Slip PE Maxi

Default iD Expert Slip PE Maxi

What a great diaper! I've been searching for a replacement for my favorite diaper; the Tena Slip Maxi (all plastic). I still have a bag and a half of the Tena's left, but I wanted to find a replacement before I run out.

The iD Expert Slip PE Maxi (available from XP Medical) fits the bill perfectly. I wore one for the first time today. I wore it for about 5 and a half hours wet it four times. They were on the small side, but I felt like it could take a lot more as it shows no signs that it's about to leak. I believe it has a capacity slightly better than that of the Tena Slip Maxi. Thanks to the high SAP to fluff ratio, this diaper absorbs fast and did not clump at all. The tapes are of the dual tape variety. They held up to an entire afternoon of landscaping. They are a good bit thicker than the Tena's, but in my opinion can still be worn in public without notice. As a matter of fact I also wore mine in public today!

All in all, a very solid diaper that is definitely a good replacement for the Tena Slip Maxi. The only drawback being the dual tapes that can only be adjusted to a different position once.

why not just get the new TENA slip active fit maxi or ultima they are fully plastic backed and are better then the old ones

The TENA slip active fit maxi or ultima are not available stateside... To my knowledge.. The ID ESPE Maxi are great!! I loved the case I had of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dixon View Post
    The TENA slip active fit maxi or ultima are not available stateside... To my knowledge.. The ID ESPE Maxi are great!! I loved the case I had of them.
    If this ever happens, I seriously want to know... But in the meantime, I guess I'll give the iD's a shot, see how they fit

Quote Originally Posted by OhHeyThere View Post
    If this ever happens, I seriously want to know... But in the meantime, I guess I'll give the iD's a shot, see how they fit
    Yeah I really want to try them... But Europe gets all the best diapers

I'm gonna go on ahead and let y'all know that the ID slip diapers do run a little bit smaller than other diapers but overall I wanna say they could go toe to toe with the tena slip maxi I've still got my batch left from this case I ordered awhile back and I meant the plastic back tena hahaha but if anyone has any questions about the ID slips feel free to msg me

The mediums were actually big on me... I thought of getting a sample pack of the small to see if those would fit me better... It is trouble being in between sizes... especially between small and medium... I found them to fit similar to the NorthShoreCare plastics...

Quote Originally Posted by dixon View Post
    Yeah I really want to try them... But Europe gets all the best diapers
    Larger population, larger product diversity generally, and the population of the European Union as a whole is actually a good 50% greater than that of the USA; something that many people don't seem to realise. To say nothing of the EU's immediate neighbours.

I suspect it may also have something to do with the fact that European-style state medical systems are generally better at providing care for chronic conditions like incontinence, whereas the American model is heavily biased towards providing high-quality acute care.

In fact, you can see the different market forces at work by looking at the different sections of the market - America has a relatively narrower range of premium medical nappies compared to Europe, but a wider range of super-premium ABDL providers. ABU, Bambino and Tykables are all American.
    Last edited by Akastus; 07-Mar-2016 at 17:49.

Quote Originally Posted by DevFox View Post
    why not just get the new TENA slip active fit maxi or ultima they are fully plastic backed and are better then the old ones
    I would love to, but they're not available in my country (US). I have heard excellent things about them and can't wait for a company here to import them. For now, however, I think the iD's will be my replacement.

I much prefer the ID Slip PE backed to the Tena's actually. The Tena's had a slightly better fit on me, but the ID Slips feel nicer, crinkle more, hold more, swell more, and just look so much nicer. They can last a good 12-14 hours overnight without leaking either.