ABU's insane shipping fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
so i was looking at ABU's website to see how much it would cost me to get a case of their Simple and SDK diapers and.. well.. does anyone know what's with the $400 shipping fee? i was expecting expensive shipping, but this is just ridiculous

Trevor said:
Try https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/. They handle ABU distribution for the UK, which is where I presume you want them shipped.
yea i know about this, but i don't really live in the UK. when i made my account i didn't feel comfortable with selecting my country so i just picked something random. but it's not such a big deal, i'll just order something else from a european store like saveexpress. but i'm really curious about that insane $400 shipping price. i ordered stuff from the US before and shipping price never exceeded two digits

I'm guessing the fee is calculated automatically. Since there's probably an ocean between ABU and you, I'm pretty sure they don't just have a grudge against your country ;)

I know shipping from the US to NZ, you are easily looking at $100 plus... the thing the really gets me is with lower fuel prices, why doesn't shipping drop in price? It's almost cheaper to buy a seat on an airline for your packages than it is to courier them.

cuddlekitty46 said:
yea i know about this, but i don't really live in the UK. when i made my account i didn't feel comfortable with selecting my country so i just picked something random. but it's not such a big deal, i'll just order something else from a european store like saveexpress. but i'm really curious about that insane $400 shipping price. i ordered stuff from the US before and shipping price never exceeded two digits

If you're close enough to Europe for SaveExpress.de to be viable, then you should be able to get reasonable shipping costs from Nappies R' Us. Crossing the English Channel doesn't add that much to shipping.

cuddlekitty46 said:

Wait a second .. why on earth would you not feel comfortable selecting your own country? I really think that makes no sense at all. I can understand maybe feeling uncomfortable entering an address or phone number, but ones country? That gives away absolutely no information at all, it's so vague. If I told someone I live in Canada ... what exactly does that tell them other than that I live in Canada? The answer is nothing .. there isn't anything they can get from that.

It makes even less sense if you where even remotely planning on ordering from them because you would need to enter your own country at some point -.-

brabbit1987 said:
Wait a second .. why on earth would you not feel comfortable selecting your own country? I really think that makes no sense at all. I can understand maybe feeling uncomfortable entering an address or phone number, but ones country? That gives away absolutely no information at all, it's so vague. If I told someone I live in Canada ... what exactly does that tell them other than that I live in Canada? The answer is nothing .. there isn't anything they can get from that.

It makes even less sense if you where even remotely planning on ordering from them because you would need to enter your own country at some point -.-

While it's a similar question, we're talking about cuddlekitty46's ADISC profile, not the order page of whatever vendor. I looked on that profile before posting my original answer.

Knowing this, I'd suggest dropping a line to ABU directly to see if the site is calculating properly or if there is an alternative in shipping to your secret hideout.

Trevor said:
While it's a similar question, we're talking about cuddlekitty46's ADISC profile, not the order page of whatever vendor. I looked on that profile before posting my original answer.

Knowing this, I'd suggest dropping a line to ABU directly to see if the site is calculating properly or if there is an alternative in shipping to your secret hideout.
I see, misunderstood ... but I am going to ask the same thing anyway XD.

Akastus said:
If you're close enough to Europe for SaveExpress.de to be viable, then you should be able to get reasonable shipping costs from Nappies R' Us. Crossing the English Channel doesn't add that much to shipping.

i checked out Nappies R' Us and even tho the shipping is a lot lower, the diaper prices are way higher. no big deal, i'll just get some Rearz, MyDiaper, and Crinklz from saveexpress. i heard good things about those diapers

brabbit1987 said:

i know it's stupid, but i felt very anxious when i was making my account. i tried to change the country a while later but it wouldn't let me do it

cuddlekitty46 said:
i know it's stupid, but i felt very anxious when i was making my account. i tried to change the country a while later but it wouldn't let me do it

Lol I see. Well, I suppose it don't matter all that much anyway XD.

Shipping something from or to the US is expensive and a Pain in the ass.

Also a case of ABU diapers are huge. They contain 80 of the thick diapers. The dimensions of the box is very awkward. You would think it would be 2x2x2, but its 1x2x4. It makes a very wide box. Like a flat panel television box, but bigger. This may also contribute to the shipping costs.

The cases I get (80 paws for example) are an awkward, unusual diaper case box, but what I recall is more like 4' x 4' x 1', it's a big squat square.

As testament to their being a bit awkward, they almosy always arrive with some shipping damage, usually a bit of the outer cardboard layer peeled off to expose the corrugation between inner and outer layers. Thankfully, so far nothing inside has been damaged or even really visually exposed though.

Wow that's expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back