Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AB/DL and Christian faith

Default AB/DL and Christian faith

Fair warning; "I am including Bible scripture to help support my claims." If the Bible or the belief of Christianity offends you then please go elsewhere. The reason I post this here is because the Christian group has become stand still and inactive. I know there are not a lot of Christians on here but I ask that you remain respectful of my beliefs.

You can have an opinion. But that does not mean there won't be repercussions. Same as everywhere else.
    I am a Christian but I do not believe the life of an AB/DL is sinful. So long as you keep scripture and the Ten commandments it should be fine. To some Christians AB/DL is not for them and others it is. I am trying to figure out where I should stand as far as this part of my life goes.

Now let me explain some things before I go further. I do not believe that once you are AB/DL that you will always be AB/DL. As said in (Philippians 4:13) I can do all things even if the world things differently. My key text is going to be Philippians 4:7-14 but I might reference others to prove my point.

I am struggling to understand why I continue with my DL side. I am content with my AB little side and I even have found favor from God for it. On the other hand I am trying to understand what God expects of me.

Trying to define my diaper wearing within context is hard when I am trying to protect it from being sexual. If it becomes sexual I know it will cause me to lust after things in vain.

In verse 8 of the key text I find myself wondering about why I wear diapers. I am not incontinent but the passing of urine in a diaper relieves stress and calms me when I am fighting depression. Holding my plush in my arms while in a wet diaper breaks down the walls around my mind enough to inter prayer peacefully. These things are of good report.

On the other hand I sometimes slip up and my DL side becomes sexual. Because I am a male and there is a sex drive built within me I understand what I am up against.

Before you accuse me of creating non-existent scripture let me evaluate something. The release is not the sin. Lust that is sin where scripture warns us is the problem.

Let me put in this most important part though. It is true that I will never be able to silence this desire for diapers and the relief they bring. In verse 11 of my key text I know that no matter what I choose to do about this part of my life; I have to be content. I can't keep changing my mind on this.

In summery I really want to know your veiw points on this as far as what you all believe as an AB/DL. How do you as AB/DL make this a positive thing in your life with out it controlling you?
    Last edited by MatalicPebble; 06-Mar-2016 at 01:16. Reason: confusing grammer error

MarchinBunny

I am not a very religious person, and religion does tend to irritate me, but no worries. I will respect your beliefs.

From my perspective, going to scripture actually complicates things more than they should due to all the types of different interpretations of each individual person who reads them. That means ... what you may get from a particular scripture may not be the same as what someone else may get. This is why you have many people who feel the Bible actually is against being AB/DL ... while some others don't think so.

Now as someone who isn't religious ... that is actually my advice. Don't let your religion get in the way of the things you enjoy. If it does, then maybe you should consider the religion the problem and not you. I am not saying to not be religious by the way, I am just saying to do what you likely already do. Ignore portions you do not like and don't let it bother you.

Most religious people already do this, as there are many things that you pretty much have to ignore due to moral reasons. Such as we don't stone people to death anymore.

So in short, I guess I am just saying don't worry about it. I do know for religious people this can be hard to do, which I imagine must suck, but I really think it's the only way.

Sorry if you don't think it's good advice, I tried.

This discussion comes up about every year or so. IF one wants to save time I am sure there is a way to find the past threads and see the responses that where given back then.

As an Evangelical Lutheran (already pretty open minded denomination to begin with), I spent my teenage years worrying and stressing out about this. It didn't really help that at the same time I was also diagnosed with pretty bad anxiety, so I was constantly on edge about SOMETHING, ABDL related or not.

I talked to my pastor when I was 16 about being LGBT in the church, and I eventually came out to him. He welcomed the announcement with open arms and was very honored that I trusted him enough to trust him with the information. I would later go back to him and talk about other heavy topics, *cough* "self-love" (to put it lightly) and fetishes being one of them. I didn't tell him my specific interests, but here's how it went.

To paraphrase, he told me that as long as I love people more than objects, stay faithful to my spouse and respect his/her needs, and it doesn't harm anybody, I really shouldn't be freaking out about it. Applying it to ABDL, as long as I don't let myself become completely absorbed into it where I lose all other personality traits and shut out the outside world, I'll be okay. THAT'S where the problem occurs though, when it takes over someone's life. NOT because it's a sin (which it isn't).

Even then, I wouldn't really call it a sin whatsoever really. It's more of a "Hey, there's people and a world around you, and there's more valuable things to do with your time", than a "UR GOIN' 2 HECK111!!1!1" situation.

At the end of the day, God loves you and there's nothing you can do or say that will ever change that. My personal favorite verse is Ephesians 2:8. It reads:

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God
    The things you do or don't do in this life doesn't dictate where you end up in the afterlife. It's not about the fact that you enjoy diapers, it's about the fact that everyone is forgiven of their sin and is worthy of love. No amount of diapers will ever change that <3

Sorry for the text wall, but I kinda wanted to set your mind at ease a little bit. If anyone has a problem with religion, that's perfectly fine. It's not supposed to be about death, hatred, and bigotry. I legitimately believe that it should be a force of love and be able to bring people together. Unfortunately, so much of it has been spun and corrupted
    Thank you for reading though!

TL;DR: Jesus loves you, this I know. For the Bible tells me so.

I agree both with Egor and Legolas, and I've been associated with the Methodist church for a long time. Theologically, everyone falls short of the glory of God. Everyone sins and it seems, at least to me, that according to the Bible, almost everything we do is a sin. This is why I don't understand why the conservative, Evangelical church thinks that homosexuality is the "unforgivable sin", meaning that if you keep on with this one sin, you're going to hell. If they actually read their Bible, the only unforgivable sin is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, something I also don't understand as I've never heard anyone do it. Grace and forgiveness is the free gift God gives us even when we don't deserve it and that gift is for anyone who believes regardless of what they've done, even the thief or murderer on the cross.

So here's the problem. Scripture is cyclical. In Corinthians it says we must put away childish things, and yet the New Testament also says that the only way one can enter heaven is as a little child. Both statements are symbolic. One refers to being responsible and the other to being as innocent as a child. Like Brabbit said or implied, one can use and misuse scripture to make almost any point they want. I think Legolas hits the nail on the head, that it's far more important in the eyes of God as to what we do with our lives as it affects others. To we help the needy and the poor? To we treat others as we would want to be treated, with kindness and compassion?

Even Jesus changed water into wine so that the wedding party could go on. Those celebrations often went on for three days, and nobody complained about that, because He made these people happy, even in their consumption of wine, and what do diapers do for us, but make us happy instead of depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by MatalicPebble View Post
    Trying to define my diaper wearing within context is hard when I am trying to protect it from being sexual. If it becomes sexual I know it will cause me to lust after things in vain.

On the other hand I sometimes slip up and my DL side becomes sexual. Because I am a male and there is a sex drive built within me I understand what I am up against.

Before you accuse me of creating non-existent scripture let me evaluate something. The release is not the sin. Lust that is sin where scripture warns us is the problem.
    It sounds like what you're saying is "getting the horn is a sin". I can't imagine that a god would create us as sexual beings, with sexual urges, and then tell us that such feelings are immoral. Isn't that the god's fault, rather than yours?

Having a sex drive is a natural part of being human. Without it, none of us would be alive today.

If god(s) really did exist, why would they punish you for the way that they decided to make you?

God gave us free will and made us his stewards for a reason. As long as you are not destroying life and live a fair life of helping others, what have you to fear? If a priest has a gambling or drinking issue, who is to say that it matters so much if you take part in a less destructive (not even really destructive at all) lifestyle choice. Sexual urges always pose a worry, but it is possible to maneuver around them. Deny the urge for thirty days while padded. It takes thirty days to make or break a habit. Simply resist for those thirty days and the urges will die down. I would've used that strategy, but I was injured too much down there before I had to turn to that method. God wants you to be yourself, and if that is by being a literal 'child' of God, then let it be so. Free will is both a blessing and a curse, figuring out how to balance it is one of the highest stages of knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I'm a Roman Catholic. Sure even my dad and mom taught me against the desires of the flesh, but either way it is going to happen. It is part of us, whether we like it or not. As I put it, it is all the more reason for us to go out and help others, to make up for our acts.

I've only really become fully comfortable with the ABDL aspect of myself over the last year or so after many years of trying to repress it. Part of the barriers for me was that in late 2011 I started attending a Pentecostal/evangelical church which I eventually left last year as for me personally it was far to literal and close minded.

Now bearing in mind that I personally have a more liberal view on sexuality then many Christians as I can't believe in a God who would be bothered by what people do sexually or get aroused by as long as it does not harm others. The following lines of scripture from the Gospel of Matthew have been of the most help to me personally for reconciling my ABDL desires with my faith.

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Do your ABDL desires stop you from loving God and loving others? If they do then there might be a problem but as with everything around ABDL it is finding that healthy balance.

It sounds like what you're saying is "getting the horn is a sin". I can't imagine that a god would create us as sexual beings, with sexual urges, and then tell us that such feelings are immoral. Isn't that the god's fault, rather than yours?

Having a sex drive is a natural part of being human. Without it, none of us would be alive today.

If god(s) really did exist, why would they punish you for the way that they decided to make you?
    Tiny I did not say that. I said that I acknowledge my sex drive but I do not accept the Lust that it may bring with it. I deny that part of me to be in control of my thoughts. I cant control my mentality when I am sexual. It got bad once where I did a small amount of damage to my urethra because I had no self control.

So here's the problem. Scripture is cyclical. In Corinthians it says we must put away childish things, and yet the New Testament also says that the only way one can enter heaven is as a little child. Both statements are symbolic. One refers to being responsible and the other to being as innocent as a child. Like Brabbit said or implied, one can use and misuse scripture to make almost any point they want. I think Legolas hits the nail on the head, that it's far more important in the eyes of God as to what we do with our lives as it affects others. To we help the needy and the poor? To we treat others as we would want to be treated, with kindness and compassion?
    Dogboy It is true that its important that we do good works because it reflects our faith. For it says in James 2:18 to do good works. Now good works is not limited to Tithes and offerings of money. It also can be compassion on those who hurt you. The common words; "turn the other cheek." Its not that there is a problem with my little side I accept that part of me.

The problem is how my DL side gets complicated if I allow it to become sexual. I can't control my thoughts and that is what scares me the most. That is the problem. Not the horn or emotional attachment there of (as these things are natural.)

The things you do or don't do in this life doesn't dictate where you end up in the afterlife. It's not about the fact that you enjoy diapers, it's about the fact that everyone is forgiven of their sin and is worthy of love. No amount of diapers will ever change that <3

Sorry for the text wall, but I kinda wanted to set your mind at ease a little bit. If anyone has a problem with religion, that's perfectly fine. It's not supposed to be about death, hatred, and bigotry. I legitimately believe that it should be a force of love and be able to bring people together. Unfortunately, so much of it has been spun and corrupted
    Thank you for reading though!
    I don't know about you Legolas but I store my treasures in heaven. I want to have a God in heaven to tell me; "Well done my good and faithful servant," when I die of old age. If you read the Bible it warns us of sins not to constrict our happiness but to preserve it. Jesus forgives us for our sins so that we may have a Hope and a Future but that does not mean we have to face the consequences in life right here and right now. When I made the commitment to fallow Christ I meant it.

I do not tell you these things to discourage you ; however, I ask that you understand where I am coming from. Take heart though because Jesus is with you and he will always give you a way out. As said in 1 Corinthians 10:13

God gave us free will and made us his stewards for a reason. As long as you are not destroying life and live a fair life of helping others, what have you to fear? If a priest has a gambling or drinking issue, who is to say that it matters so much if you take part in a less destructive (not even really destructive at all) lifestyle choice. Sexual urges always pose a worry, but it is possible to maneuver around them. Deny the urge for thirty days while padded. It takes thirty days to make or break a habit. Simply resist for those thirty days and the urges will die down. I would've used that strategy, but I was injured too much down there before I had to turn to that method. God wants you to be yourself, and if that is by being a literal 'child' of God, then let it be so. Free will is both a blessing and a curse, figuring out how to balance it is one of the highest stages of knowledge.
    silentdreamer1996 this is an interesting idea to try and fapfast if you cetch my drift. I know of an FB group who could help me with that. I think I mentioned my AB/DL side as a testimony there once. I will have to check and see. As far as you being injured though; I do not condemn you for how you gone about how you dealt with temptation. I actually find a really neat concept in it. The diapered part not the injury >.<

I thought about wearing diapers when ever I am tempted to fap and kind of gave up on it due to how I could not concentrate on my Job at work with the sexual tension but when i think about it I still need to keep trying. Even the faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain.
    Last edited by MatalicPebble; 06-Mar-2016 at 19:49. Reason: grammar error

Tiny I did not say that. I said that I acknowledge my sex drive but I do not accept the Lust that it may bring with it.
    Sorry -- I don't mean to put words in your mouth. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. I'm not sure that I can see a difference between "sex drive" and "lust", though. They seem to be the same thing... or the lust is the effect of the sex drive. Either way, it seems like that should be a natural part of being human.

Society puts a lot of emphasis on "being normal", but also on sexual inhibition. Lots of people are into weird and kinky things. Lots of married men look at attractive women and think, "Phwoar!". The important thing is how you react to those feelings. The thoughts themselves don't matter.

If you are considerate to others, why should you try to repress your own thoughts?

---------

Humans cannot directly experience reality. We don't have the pure, ultimate, objective view that "god" does. If we don't sleep, we get cranky. If we don't eat, we feel dizzy. If we take LSD, we can see things that aren't really there.

In the same way, we have organs that produce hormones and release them into the blood: adrenaline, cortisol, insulin, oxytocin, melatonin, testosterone, oestrogen, and many more. Just like recreational drugs, these hormones modify our mood and behaviour. It's exactly as if we're living our entire lives on drugs, and we have no way of escaping that. Sometimes hormones will be released and you'll feel horny or lustful. I don't believe in gods, but if they existed it would surely be part of their deliberate design. You don't need to feel ashamed for being human, or for feeling human emotions and desires.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_hormones

I deny that part of me to be in control of my thoughts. I cant control my mentality when I am sexual. It got bad once where I did a small amount of damage to my urethra because I had no self control.
    If you look psychology, it seems that no one is truly in control of their thoughts. The subconscious (or is it unconscious?) takes care of that automatically and "we" don't really have much say in how it all happens.

But I do understand (in different circumstances) that feeling where everything that happens seems beyond any control... In the past, I've let my anxiety escalate so much that it felt like I'd lost control of the endless stream of thoughts running through my mind. I found that psychotherapy helped me quite a bit with that...

I... almost want to ask about the urethra incident, but... I think it's probably best to say that if you're even remotely tempted to physically harm yourself, then it would be a really good idea to speak to a therapist, or anyone who you might think would help you to get your thoughts out in the open. Sometimes just talking about stuff seems to take the pressure off.

silentdreamer1996 this is an interesting idea to try and fapfast if you cetch my drift.
    Why would you want to do that? If anything, a five-knuckle-shuffle should reduce any lustfulness. Abstaining is only going to make the urges worse. :-/

Best of luck in finding peace with it all... :-)