Thread: Can we truly reject our desires?

Default Can we truly reject our desires?

I have been trying to come to terms with my littleness in the recent past. My parents have worked with me to try and remove this quote-on-quote 'illness', telling me above all I must not regress. So I tried to play along. I resisted every thought that came in. For seven days. Then I broke down and had a panic attack. And here I am again.

Ugh, I know I am just venting, so let's try to make this a bit more of a question: I know it is virtually impossible to resist ABDL on a long-term basis, for us it is a permanent, pre-defined thing. But is it really true? How far can we push ourselves to reject our desires before it causes us personal harm?

Honestly, it varies by the person. ABDL is not some unique thing. It's a sexual and emotional need. Many people are able to abstain from sex despite having the desire to do otherwise. Some people have a stronger sex drive than others and find it nearly impossible to abstain. Some people are able to do things like fasting, going days without eating, while others would get faint or dizzy after a short time. Some people are stoic in the face of stress or trauma while others are more easily moved to emotion and need things to comfort them.

The thing to remember is that it's not wrong to be you. You might have people around you, whether parents or otherwise who discourage you from partaking in something like ABDL. They likely have good intentions, believing that things different from their expectation of "normal" will harm you or cause you grief in the future. They might be right, they might be wrong. As an adult (the first part of ABDL), you ultimately have to make the decision of what you want to do for yourself. If you're in a place of financial dependence, which is likely true as a student, you may have to content yourself with only fantasies until you're able to obtain either greater privacy or financial independence. That too will vary based on what you, personally, feel comfortable with. If you're suffering from panic attacks in the effort of trying to do as your parents wish, you might look into seeing a doctor. That's not healthy and the doctor might be able to help you in a way that working it out with your parents can't.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredlittlebear View Post
    Ugh, I know I am just venting, so let's try to make this a bit more of a question: I know it is virtually impossible to resist ABDL on a long-term basis, for us it is a permanent, pre-defined thing. But is it really true? How far can we push ourselves to reject our desires before it causes us personal harm?
    Because it suits our desires, many of us give this hobby more power over us than it deserves. Can you resist it? Certainly.

This sort of problem, if you want to call it a problem, is the result of civilization. Too much time on our hands. As our mothers, nuns and priests have always told us, "idle hands are the Devil's workshop". In the modern first world, we're far removed from subsistence level, ie, we no longer have to spend every waking hour looking for something to eat and trying to outwit the pack of wolves trying to eat us. The human mind being what it is, we fill the spare time with other, sometimes objectively silly pursuits, like this. Or model railroading. The internet has made things worse, because now you have all of us telling ourselves (and you) that this urge for diapers is not only irresistable, but perfectly normal. Its all too easy to go with the flow.

If you want to get over any bad habit, the most effective way is to find something else more productive to obsess over. A job, a hobby, a sport, a family, a project, school. Any or all of the above will work. There have been long periods in my life when diapers stayed in their locked hiding place for years, or were dumped altogether when there was no time or privacy to indulge. Truth be told, for much of this time they were out of my thoughts as well. Now that I'm semi-retired, and no longer physically able to train at elite levels, diapers are back, as are some other questionable habits. Although I don't feel any burning need to quash my diaper hobby, I do need to put more time and effort in other areas (that I won't discuss here)

Just to give you an idea, during the peak of my no diaper period, a typical day might look like this: Up at 5, bike to the pool, swim a couple of miles, bike the rest of the way to work (17 miles), work, run an hour at lunch, work, bike home, eat dinner, fall asleep at 9 (wherever I happened to be. Hopefully, in bed). Weekends, bike 50 and run 10 on Saturday, run 9 and swim 3 on Sunday. Plus all the other things a suburban homeowner has to do: fix the gutters, fix the wife's car, mow the lawn, go to Junior's wrestling tournament, do some family thing or other. If you've got other, more important things to do, diapers tend to fall by the wayside. It all depends on what's important to you. If you want to forget diapers, make something else more important.
    Last edited by Maxx; 05-Mar-2016 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredlittlebear View Post
    I have been trying to come to terms with my littleness in the recent past. My parents have worked with me to try and remove this quote-on-quote 'illness', telling me above all I must not regress. So I tried to play along. I resisted every thought that came in. For seven days. Then I broke down and had a panic attack. And here I am again.

Hey, maybe they'll help you Pray out The Gay, too - It'll be just as effective!

Quote Originally Posted by Trisy View Post
    Hey, maybe they'll help you Pray out The Gay, too - It'll be just as effective!
    I don't think that's really helpful. We're in agreement that the desire to wear diapers isn't going away. But the question is whether a person can reject their desires or not. And the answer is sure, people practice forms of self-denial all the time. It's very unpleasant though, and for some people can go beyond unpleasant to the example in the OP of having a panic attack because of the stress and pressure around trying to reject a part of themselves. That's unhealthy. But within healthy behavior there's a pretty wide range of greater or lesser amounts of indulgence in one's pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I don't think that's really helpful. We're in agreement that the desire to wear diapers isn't going away. But the question is whether a person can reject their desires or not. And the answer is sure, people practice forms of self-denial all the time. It's very unpleasant though, and for some people can go beyond unpleasant to the example in the OP of having a panic attack because of the stress and pressure around trying to reject a part of themselves. That's unhealthy. But within healthy behavior there's a pretty wide range of greater or lesser amounts of indulgence in one's pleasures.
    Its not necessarily unpleasant or all that difficult. Its just a matter of breaking out of the rut. Once something else becomes the habit and the routine, you don't think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Its not necessarily unpleasant or all that difficult. Its just a matter of breaking out of the rut. Once something else becomes the habit and the routine, you don't think about it.
    That depends how strong the desires are. And that can vary greatly from person to person, and even within different points of a single person's life. I would imagine that those for whom nappies are a source of considerable sexual stimulation will have a much greater problem ignoring that desire than those for whom it is a mere source of comfort or stress relief.

Despite what people say about getting rid of the urge to wear diapers, it won't go away. Sure you can go periods of time without having diapers on your mind, I seriously doubt that anyone here has diapers on their mind 24/7, then the person would probably need help.

I can reject the idea of wearing diapers or participating in other ABDL activities. When I feel the time is right, I will indulge. I will say that it is a healthy rejection rather than rejecting it out of shame as your parents are leading you to do.

This type of rejection is the unhealthy way of rejection. You're pretty much taking their disgusted, misunderstanding, rejection and tuning your own self conscious to think the same way. This boils down to self hatred, depression, and no self-esteem.

I have rejected myself in this way and have gone through the rollercoaster rides with the highest peaks and lowest valleys of emotion. This type of living us not healthy at all. When you disgustingly reject yourself you're pretty much become disgusted with all of your puzzle pieces that make you, YOU.

Anyone not involved in something you like will not have the same understanding and despite telling them exactly what it is, they still won't understand.

In this case, you'll have to take their judgement about it as a grain of salt. In not saying to put your foot of down on their necks and force them, but just leave the subject between you and your parents alone, don't mention it, don't think that they hate you as they are just stubborn when it comes to something they see as a sin of some sort. Be discreet about it, but don't be paranoid. Keep it to your self. Indulge when you feel the time is right. If you Feel that your parents are over stepping the boundaries you have to be stern with them, because you also deserve some respect.