Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as an emotional need for diapers?

Default Is there such a thing as an emotional need for diapers?

I'm totally depressed right now. So, I have been wearing 24/7 (only for #1 and I often will use the toilet if I'm in public.) for about 7 weeks now and I noticed that ever since doing so, everything in my life has gotten better and it's because they make me feel confident, secure and they just make me feel, well... whole. Everything from work to relationships to my anger, anxiety attacks, insomnia, binge eating episodes and controlling my alcohol consumption have all improved massivilly.

That is until yesterday when I ran out of diapers! I can't get anymore this month either because of how little is going on at work at the moment.

I hadn't even considered this until today but I think I may have an emotional need for them. Because of the following reasons:

1. For me, they are like a wearable hug if that makes any sense. The constant reminder that I'm wearing somehow makes me feel like being in a warm embrace, A safe place. I don't know why.

2. While not I am not IC by any means, I do have a bit of overactive bladder and being legally blind makes finding a restroom difficult sometimes and needing to be lead to the bathroom is embarrassing to me, so just knowing that if I have an emergency and have to go, I have the option to just go, even if I don't take that option, it's there and that makes me feel more secure and more confident and not always worried about finding a restroom.

and
    3. Diapers are a part of me. I just feel "right" when I'm wearing. I feel like "me."

So, does any of this make sense? Is there such a thing as a sort of "emotional" need for diapers? I feel anxious again and just like a lost little boy. I don't know. Then I feel stupid about the whole thing.

Can anyone else relate? I just feel so stupid about this sometimes.

I can relate. I always feel better when diapered.

They just make me worry less for some reason. I feel more in control

It makes a lot of sense to me, and I'd say a lot of the people here probably feel similarly. I know that ''hug'' feeling. It's particularly noticeable to me when I put underwear over a premium tape-on diaper, makes it all nice and snug. And while I don't wear out in public that often, nor do I have bladder problems, I also like the idea of a diaper being there in case I need it. Needing to really go and having to wait is no fun!

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I also like the idea of a diaper being there in case I need it. Needing to really go and having to wait is no fun!
    Yep. No fun at all. I usually end up using the restroom but the security of wearing "just in case" really makes me feel better.

INeedACuddle

Another one here who agrees with the hug feeling. I have extreme anxiety and depression and I just love being in a super soft, snuggly, cosy, cuddly comforting Nappy, I love Nappies so much, they are just so comforting. Do you have a Dummy (pacifier) for comfort at bedtime? It's just a Dummy really comforts me and helps me relax so maybe if you don't have one already you could perhaps try one, I have only had my Dummy for around 2 weeks now and the comfort and relaxation I feel is unbelievable. I wish for you to be back in Nappies as soon as possible and my heart sends you nice big warm, snuggly, comfy, cosy cuddles

Yes, definitely. I am new to diapers, and have only worn on a few occasions, but I have already found that they help to eliminate some of the stress in my life. I spent my second night in nappies last night and felt very relaxed and slept well, so I think there are times when they fulfill an emotional need.

Quote Originally Posted by INeedACuddle View Post
    Another one here who agrees with the hug feeling. I have extreme anxiety and depression and I just love being in a super soft, snuggly, cosy, cuddly comforting Nappy, I love Nappies so much, they are just so comforting. Do you have a Dummy (pacifier) for comfort at bedtime? It's just a Dummy really comforts me and helps me relax so maybe if you don't have one already you could perhaps try one, I have only had my Dummy for around 2 weeks now and the comfort and relaxation I feel is unbelievable. I wish for you to be back in Nappies as soon as possible and my heart sends you nice big warm, snuggly, comfy, cosy cuddles
    Thank you. I need to get a new paci, I lost mine.

I am so much happier and relaxed since I started wearing nappies all the time. I couldn't imagine life without them now. I am so gad I became incontinent and dependant on nappies.

Quote Originally Posted by ST50 View Post
    I am so much happier and relaxed since I started wearing nappies all the time. I couldn't imagine life without them now. I am so gad I became incontinent and dependant on nappies.
    I much happier also. I don't wanna be IC and glad I'm not though.