1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other

Hi everyone.

My word for the day is.

"Sensory."

It means.

relating*to*the*senses*or sensation. Or. Physiology*noting*a*structure*forconveying*an*impulse*that*results*ortends*to*result*in*sensation.

I been a the sensory room and had a very different little time.
Yes i know, my life is just one long little time.

But this was great for me laying on my back on a vibrate pad. and just relaxing with light and sounds.

It helped my mind not to go all over the place.

So good.

Sisi

Interesting. Is going to a sensory room part of therapy for you? Do you go to an adult center and is that part of it? It sounds cool. I have a vibrating Lazy Boy chair that really feels go. I can set it to a ripple effect where it starts vibrating at the bottom of the chair and works upward. It goes up and down, up to the top and then back to the bottom, and you can increase the speed and intensity. It's really good on the back.

dogboy said:
Interesting. Is going to a sensory room part of therapy for you? Do you go to an adult center and is that part of it? It sounds cool. I have a vibrating Lazy Boy chair that really feels go. I can set it to a ripple effect where it starts vibrating at the bottom of the chair and works upward. It goes up and down, up to the top and then back to the bottom, and you can increase the speed and intensity. It's really good on the back.

Heee, hee.

Yea it was the same sort of thing, it up and down my back and I could change how fast it went or what part of my back I wonted it to stop on.
The room changed colours. And sounds we had thing like running water and wind chimes and rain storm.

I liked the rain storm one it made me fell like I was hiding under a big leaf while every thing else was getting wet.

We were ment to be doing art and crafts but we did this instead. Heeee, heee, becouse we are naughty.

I am surprises that more people with learning disabilities are not on this site.
My freand that I do alot of stuff together. He doesn't want to join this site, because his parents will find out.

I really don't understand grown-ups. I told him about it becouse he could have a big input to stuff hear.

He is a wheelchair user, that wears 24/7. And has his food liquidised. he has something called cerebral palsy. Which means his body doesn't work right.
But he is really cool. I read some of the posts to him. And he helps me to respond. To them. Like the bed rail one.

We are off swimming later to day.

Man I would /love/ a sensory room. With ataxia and all I benefit from texture sensory. I would love one of those sensory tables like they have at the day cares where you can play with water and just different little things. I agree because the light would be really nice to relax to :)

Yeah, I'd love to spend some time in your sensory room. You friend with CP sounds like a very nice person. I'm sorry he has CP. Some people suffer from it worse than others who have moderate or slight CP.

Hehe, yes so recommend getting with learning disability crowd wherever you are.
They are so accepting of people.
Do cats chew loads of stuff that feeds your little side.

I'm just having a blast .

Thanks

sisi said:

Hi everyone.

My word for the day is.

"Sensory."

It means.

relating*to*the*senses*or sensation. Or. Physiology*noting*a*structure*forconveying*an*impulse*that*results*ortends*to*result*in*sensation.

I been a the sensory room and had a very different little time.
Yes i know, my life is just one long little time.

But this was great for me laying on my back on a vibrate pad. and just relaxing with light and sounds.

It helped my mind not to go all over the place.

So good.

Sisi

That's cool that you have access to a sensory room. I don't have one but when I'm feeling little or stressed I roll out a giant roll of butcher paper, get out a big box of tempera paint and have fun finger painting, making hand and foot prints and just having a blast sensory wise. It's my way of letting go and having fun no matter how messy it gets. Do you ever do any fun sensory stuff with finger painting or anything of the sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back