Caught in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always terrified of being caught but I know that if I am, most people will probably assume I medically NEED them.

ABDLashax3 said:
I'm always terrified of being caught but I know that if I am, most people will probably assume I medically NEED them.

Normally, people won't notice. (Unless you want them to notice, but that's a very different thing.)
If they notice, they will assume the most obvious thing - that you need them - and will likely be embarrassed that they saw such a private thing.
If you really needed them, it would your right to wear any kind of protection that you consider necessary and that you are happy with, and whatever that is, it's none of their business (unless you make it their business by being super indiscreet/obtrusive about it).

So unless they're creeps, they will not and should not react in any way.

Reactions: Little2Roo
I picked up longer shirts from JCPenny they have a small big and tall selection

I recently bought a onesie for exactly this reason. I've only recently started feeling comfortable wearing with jeans (and i still rarely do) but a onesie ensures your shirt will never ride up and you won't have to experience that again.

As far as personal embarrassing stories, i've never had anyone catch me -it's funny to say it like that as if i've done some horrible crime lol- but i've had times where i thought someone might. Like i've had times where i was wearing a short to mid-length dress and like i'd trip exposing more than i'd like. I'd have that heart attack moment of "did someone see?" But it's always been that nobody was around or if they were, they didn't care to notice. Maybe i've just been very fortunate thus far (knock on wood).

I wear when traveling and have had the same fear, especially being caught by TSA at airports. And yes I have had occasions where my blouse has pulled out exposing the top of my lastic panties. Fact is no one cares or has made any mention. So after years I am much more relaxed wearing and the stress from this aspect of flying / traveling has been eliminated.

It is funny reading the post about your shirt riding up and revealing your diaper,, in almost all the post you could replace the word "diaper" with "gun", after many years of legally carrying a concealed handgun your pretty good at concealing the top of a diaper,,, story usually ends differently when at a checkout line and you hear behind you "look mommy that man has a gun" lol.. although I have never had either diaper or gun spotted.

Other than a onesie, I've always found that the best upper wear for discretion are rugby shirts, since they are deliberately cut long, but I'm not sure how common they are in the US.

About ten years ago I finally built the courage to start buying diapers that fit, but if there was a young cashier or too many people in the store I would go to another. Maybe it was like my fourth pack of depends, I walk in and it's an old lady at the register an maybe one or two customers, perfect I thought. When I get back to the checkout, somehow the old lady was gone but in her place was one of the most beautiful blonde girls I have ever seen, then like four people walk in and get behind me in line. When I got back to my car I confirmed what I already knew; my face was as red as a firetruck, lol.

I really do not care what people think if I am wearing a diaper in public, last time I wore in public, I went shopping for some new cloths, I went to try on some cloths, in the changing rooms. I had just taken off my trousers to try the new one pair on, and this little kid, (about 4 years old) comes running in to the changing room I was in, just as he finishes telling me he is playing hide and seek, his mother runs in after him.
As She starts apologizing to me, the boy says to his mommy "He wears diapers too"
Now the mother just looks plain embarrassed and has gone bright red, she starts apologizing again. As she walks her son out of the changing room, I hear her saying to the boy, "That man is mentally retarded, so his brain doesn't know when he needs to go potty, that's why he wears diapers"

I was like OMG !!!

I never went shopping at john lewis again.

aspie said:
As she walks her son out of the changing room, I hear her saying to the boy, "That man is mentally retarded, so his brain doesn't know when he needs to go potty, that's why he wears diapers"

"Actually, kid, your mom is an idtiot and thinks that only retarded people wear diapers"

aspie said:
I really do not care what people think if I am wearing a diaper in public, last time I wore in public, I went shopping for some new cloths, I went to try on some cloths, in the changing rooms. I had just taken off my trousers to try the new one pair on, and this little kid, (about 4 years old) comes running in to the changing room I was in, just as he finishes telling me he is playing hide and seek, his mother runs in after him.
As She starts apologizing to me, the boy says to his mommy "He wears diapers too"
Now the mother just looks plain embarrassed and has gone bright red, she starts apologizing again. As she walks her son out of the changing room, I hear her saying to the boy, "That man is mentally retarded, so his brain doesn't know when he needs to go potty, that's why he wears diapers"

I was like OMG !!!

I never went shopping at john lewis again.

Wow, some people really need to be educated and have some respect.

aspie said:
As she walks her son out of the changing room, I hear her saying to the boy, "That man is mentally retarded, so his brain doesn't know when he needs to go potty, that's why he wears diapers"

I would have walked on (once fully clothed obviously) and told her very matter of factly, "No, I am not mentally retarded and to imply such, much less tell your young child that is dangerously ignorant. I happen to be incontinent and wear protection. Children need to have things explained to them, not to be lied to or given baseless assumptions that build and foster our cultures ignorance and unwillingness to learn, grown, and accept those they live with."

I hate it when if you do something odd they instantly think you are mental. Last time someone called me mental I turned around and said, "creativity is the voice of the soul, yet even a voice can be lost in translation, and the madness that ensues is but a intelligence society has yet to understand." She said I was on dr*gs. I replied that it is more likely that her own son is living that case and that she shouldn't be so quick to judge others. She stormed off offended. I yelled after her that you can't always win the fights you pick, but the least you can do is surrender with dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back