Any classic children's video games you fondly remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfantSTJ

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
If this thread has already been covered feel free to direct me to it.

Being interested in ABDL and Diaperfur stuff I remembered some of the children's computer games I played as a little boy. Most of these were Edmark games that were endless hours of fun. These include:

- Thinkin Things 1 & 2
- Sammy's Science House
- Millie's Math House
- Bailey's Book House

Kidpix was another favorite.

Luckily all of these kids games (exempting TT2) are on an old Macintosh computer that still works without flaw. Every so often I sit down and play these games for a few to relive those good old memories.

My favorite of all is from Thinkin Things with the Fripple shop. I weeeeeeely want a fripple or a few to this day to take home.

Any classic children's games that you fondly remember?

If you would please keep it to games targeted to young children. There are other threads for adult games and the like.

Until next time...

My favorite as a kid was this NES Game from Sesame Street
sesame-street-123-usa.jpg

Lets see,

Oregon Trail
Zoobeani
Rock Raiders
A series of Arthur school learning games
Animal Crossing
Lunar Lander
Wrecking Crew
Pacman
Donkey Kong
Mario Kart
Mario Party
Asteroid
Pitfall
Invaders

Thats all I have for now

The only one I really remember that was more of a "children's" game, was the old Animaniacs game on the SNES. Don't think I ever got anywhere near completing it, seem to remember it being somewhat difficult.

I remember having a bunch of games published by The Learning Company: Math Blaster, Operation Neptune, some other one that was a bunch of mechanical puzzles, tons more that I can't remember any details from at all. I used to play those types of games like crazy, probably learned more from them than I did in actual elementary school assignments.

Then I'm not sure how much it counts as a kids game, but for some reason playing Spyro on my friends ps1 when I was about ~10 really sticks in my memory.

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiago, the game hidden in Encarta encyclopedia

Absolutely LOVED Pajama Sam (No need to hide when it's dark outside) recently was able to replay it on a mobile app too. Also had a classic Disney Hercules game that I always remember of fondly.

Does Diddy-Kong racing on the N64 count?

e7e8f4ba0a4557f657cd93b091f7d83c.jpg

ee03cee2bfb071895d66aa1d756c6f7c.jpg

When I was 5 yes old I played Lion King on the Sega Genius and I still love lion king today <3 Disney movies

Diddy Kong Racing and Spider Man for the N64

Top Gear for the SNES. The music <3

Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped was one I played as a kid

Three words: Lego Rock Raiders! :D

Does the Sesame Street game for N64 count? I recently found the cartridge again and played that chocolate riverboat level, and even now I'm not fully sure what I'm supposed to do in it. :/

I used to play Crystal's Pony Tale on the Sega Genesis.

Well, my favorite games when I was younger were my Blues Clues computer games. I would still play them if I had misplaced them while moving :/ I still love the show and have so many of the movies and watch it online :p

all of the humongous games. that includes pajama sam freddi fish putt putt etc. other then that there is the toy story game on the pc and the play station

Reading some of the responses within this post make me feel old lol Oh the days when gaming was passwords and screen-looking and not tea-bagging and connection issues. Seriously...it gets tiring being called every name under the sun by a child who's voice hasn't even cracked. And parents wonder why kids have no respect and don't actually go outside anymore.

But back to the original question: I remember going to a friends house back in primary school (Grades K-3) and playing a game called mixed-up mother goose. No idea why, but we spent hours playing it. Along with that I remember a few that were preinstalled on the school computers: Simtown, Gizmos & Gadgets (I think that was the name), Halloween Harry 1-3, Scorched Earth. There was some movie maker one as well, but this was before webcams so it was all stock preprogrammed sounds and such.

Come to think of it, isnt there a site that hosts downloads of older games? The name of it slips my mind, but I think it was something like Pretty Great Games or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back