Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Are there any of the "original" SDKs and Cushies out there? Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the new SDKs but for some reason the originals fit me a little tighter..even though they are both large

ABU's website says to hurry up and get their originals before they're gone forever. But I don't see a store option. You may have to contact them.

I might also be interpreting that wrong, and they intend to get rid of the cushies design, meaning cushies v1 is long gone, and v2 is on its way out too.

The clothlike don't say "version 2", so I assume those are the older cloth design and may have the proportions you're looking for? At any rate, the velcro is easier to adjust multiple times if needed.

I continue to be impressed by the version 2 base diaper. I've had this one on all day and it's fit well, stayed up, and stayed comfortable the entire time. I did figure out the 'perfect taping position' though, and I pretape mine before pulling them on to guarantee a consistent and perfect fit. The vers 1's didn't have rear elastic iirc - the v2 have front elastic, and I think that helps make them a little more adaptive as you move. Either way, less elastic means more critical placement on the tapes.

Pampers4Chris said:
Are there any of the "original" SDKs and Cushies out there? Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the new SDKs but for some reason the originals fit me a little tighter..even though they are both large

eBay will probably be your best bet if you want "vintage" original SDK and plastic backed Cushies. The original cloth-like Cushies are still being sold on the ABU website but once they are gone version 2.0 will replace them.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
I might also be interpreting that wrong, and they intend to get rid of the cushies design, meaning cushies v1 is long gone, and v2 is on its way out too.

The clothlike don't say "version 2", so I assume those are the older cloth design and may have the proportions you're looking for? At any rate, the velcro is easier to adjust multiple times if needed.

I don't think they are getting rid of Cushies altogether, just version 1. The cloth-like Cushies on the website say v1, when those are gone, just like with SDK & Cushies only v2.0 will be available for purchase. The "hurry up" sign refered to all v1 diapers back when they were all in stock. They should change it to read: "hurry, last chance to wear original cloth-like Cushies v1" but I noticed they are slow when it comes to making changes on the site. They still have the "temporary notice" posted about orders not shipping until X date:

Temporary Notice - Posted February 6th, 2016

If you have placed an order that contains Space Medium or LittlePawz Medium; Your order will ship on or before February 10th.

If you have placed an order that contains Cushies v2 or SDK v2; Your order will ship on or before February 22nd.

Today is the 28th, time to take down the notice maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Just stumbled across Cushies v1 but only in size small: https://www.abuniverse.com/Cushies-v1_p_20.html
Found them in the "related products" section.

Just an update, the cloth cushies ARE the version 1 base diaper, with a slightly narrower wing, no rear elastic, and thinner/less absorbent padding. I'd imagine at some point they'll upgrade them too. (wearin' one now! ;) )

bambinod said:
Just an update, the cloth cushies ARE the version 1 base diaper, with a slightly narrower wing, no rear elastic, and thinner/less absorbent padding. I'd imagine at some point they'll upgrade them too. (wearin' one now! ;) )

I got one in my recent sample, and I was reminded how much I loved 'em! But I can totally see them being so much better. I said this a few weeks ago, but it seems like a great base to create an adult version of the modern baby diapers, with the cloth outside. Features include stretchy sides, elastic tapes (but still the "velcro" feel), and of course more absorbency and elastic waistband :p

Pm me, we might be able to work something out, I have mediums sdk and a couple medium cushier that don't fit me anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back