Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anybody feel bad for this women

Default does anybody feel bad for this women

does anybody feel bad for this women her friends i understand are trying to do the best for her but the documentary shows her as this a mad insane women i just see a women who is happy as she is. whats your thoughts on it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ST2NgjfYU

There's nothing to feel bad about. Riley has stated after the fact that the conflict with her friend was manufactured to provide additional drama for the episode. I don't think it shows her as insane, although I'm biased. I'd say she appears eccentric in her desires (she's in good company with us) but is happy enough with the accomodation she's made.

I'd rather not see us publicized in this way but it's not my call and maybe I'm wrong and it serves some purpose other than getting attention.

I believe that Riley is also a member on this site as I've seen her here a couple of times. The You Tube in question is from a show that aired several years ago, so it's sort of old news. I actually like Riley. She's simply a free spirit who doesn't mind letting it hang out, so to speak. Everyone makes their own decisions and learns to live with the outcomes. To each their own.

Don't forget that tv should dealing with "weird people" tend to make them seem as bizarre as possible for the genre of entertainment. I'm sure underneath it all she's as human as everyone else.

I don't think any one of us should really judge her. Some people are just much higher up in to the levels of being little.

Tv shows have always painted a bad picture about us. Of the many that portrayed us on these shows, Riley seems to be one of the more down to earth. They're quite a few that I consider to be embarrassing.

Riley Kilo on My Strange Addiction, watched it many years ago. Riley is a smart woman, and is one of the few segments I saw (of the few times I watched that show) where the psychologists and doctors don't think what she is doing is harmful (IIRC, they said it was good stress relief). She has an adult life that she tempers her little side against, and knows how to conduct herself as an adult.

Riley is a member here on ADISC, I am glad to count her as one of the few on my friend's list. While she doesn't post on ADISC a lot, she does visit, and I would say that while she gets more into little space than most, she doesn't let it control her life.

I just wish that it wasn't on "my strange addiction." Yes, it could be considered an addiction because it is interfering with her ability to have relationships and whatnot, but If it isn't interfering with her ability to have a normal job and to take care of herself, then being in a relationship is more of a side effect of finding the right person rather than conforming, so I still don't consider it an addiction. I think they refer to Riley's life style as an addiction too much. It is a life style, maybe she is into it a lot more than some others are, but that is what makes 'life' fulfilling for her. Otherwise, I might as well say that my Mom is addicted to Jesus because she spends the majority of her time doing church things, but that is just my mom's lifestyle. Everybody has a way that they like to live and what seems fulfilling to them. It is an addiction when they loose the ability to function in society as a helpful member because of something that is within their ability to control. Just my thoughts on the topic.

^ I agree. This is not the same as eating baby powder or whatever it was that the one lady was doing or eating soap or tanning. (I binge watched the entire series on Netflix in a day.)

Addiction is such a negative word. It implies that something needs to change. But nothing needed to change for Riley. Its sad that TV made it seem like her lifestyle is wrong. There are better ways to bring positive attention to this community.

The episode is interesting because I actually think that Riley presents very well. She's a bit deeper into it than the majority of us, though she's also living in a way that many here might find enviable. People dream of having a whole room to use as a nursery and that diaper cabinet is pretty sweet. Riley herself comes across as perfectly happy and functional, and the therapist says there's no point trying to make her stop, so the show doesn't strike me as particularly negative. It's more like they're trying to play the menacing music and have the harsh announcer, except what they're actually showing really isn't that bad so it just seems silly. At work, the issue is just that she's indulging so much that she doesn't have much other social life, but she's got friends, so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

The only thing that makes me cringe about this is how it is all about creating a dramatic effect (I want to throw the announcer out through a window). Just using the term "addiction" - my god, there are people doing heroin and such. I love Riley, subscribed to her channel and I cannot find anything weird about her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    Riley Kilo on My Strange Addiction, watched it many years ago. Riley is a smart woman, and is one of the few segments I saw (of the few times I watched that show) where the psychologists and doctors don't think what she is doing is harmful (IIRC, they said it was good stress relief). She has an adult life that she tempers her little side against, and knows how to conduct herself as an adult.

Riley is a member here on ADISC, I am glad to count her as one of the few on my friend's list. While she doesn't post on ADISC a lot, she does visit, and I would say that while she gets more into little space than most, she doesn't let it control her life.
    I totally agree with this.
    Riley is a member here and she did post about this about 18 months ago. She said that what they taped and what they showed where two different things.