How many of you have attended an ABDL event? Would you go to another, why or why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would consider meeting for coffee with other incontinent 20 somethings but I'm not sure if I would be comfortable at an ABDL event.

and as far as wearing diapers with no pants or public changings, no way! I'm not that brave lol.

Kaliborio said:
I have attended munches.
I wouldn't do it again. The crowd we attracted had too many strong personalities and dysfunctional people. I want to be around fellow ABs and people who understand, but I'd rather be alone than in a room full of destructive psychopathologies.

I wouldn't generalize it like that.

I've been to munches where 70% of all people were creepy/dysfunctional/emotionally immature. I've been to munches where there were only one or two such people. I've been to munches where everyone was nice and fun to be with and talk to.

I think it's the responsibility of the person who's organizing the munch to make sure that most people feel comfortable, even if this includes making sure that people who creeped out others will not return.

I'd like to go to a place where I can just meetup and talk with other people who into the stuff I am into, recently there was a meetup in the UK which I missed because I only saw the thread after the event had finished.

I've been curious about the idea of meeting people like all you (me) in real life. But because of my semi-public career, it is a disaster waiting to happen. The last thing I need is to be identified IRL by people who would then know me in both worlds. I'm an introvert too - so the bang for the buck is lower for me anyways. Overall, just not worth it.

If I ever switch careers, ill probably give a meet up a try but for now I don't feel deprived.

cm90210 said:
I've been curious about the idea of meeting people like all you (me) in real life. But because of my semi-public career, it is a disaster waiting to happen. The last thing I need is to be identified IRL by people who would then know me in both worlds.
If I ever switch careers, ill probably give a meet up a try but for now I don't feel deprived.

This is exactly how I feel.

Really enjoyed your signature, cm90210.

I've been to a local littles munch, and I had a good time. It was a smaller group than normal, because there's a con happening soon and some of the people in the group were just planning to see each other at the con. The people who did come were nice, and there were a lot of newbies. Just a bunch of nice folks (which is the same thing that I discovered when I found myself at a furry house party around 2007) who might be a little nerdier than most regular folk, but I'm a little nerdier than most regular folk as well. The group was very welcoming, and I was happy. Getting up the courage to be a part of that munch was what also gave me the courage to then join a couple of forums (including this one), and buying myself some real diapers that weren't made by Depends.

As for changing in littles rooms, as others have mentioned, since a con was coming up, that exact thing was mentioned. I really am not sure where I stand on that. I mean, part of me isn't sure if I want people seeing all of me, but the other part of me realizes that I don't have anything that anybody else doesn't have. Part of me also thinks "what's up with public changing," but then I also remember quite a few Sundays as a kid at my school's preschool room, and babies and kids were being changed out in front of all us other kids. Heck, I can think of all sorts of family events and other such where there were multiple parents, and the parents were always changing among the other parents and babies/kids.

Just my own two cents. How I feel about things is exclusive to me, and I do not expect others to react the same to situations as I do, nor do I think that they should. Everyone needs to follow their own comfort level, and find a way to enjoy their life in their own way.

Never been to a ab/dl gathering and would like to attend is close to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back