Honestly, don't be scared to be you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBelleReturns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have told quite a lot of people about my little side now, because I am a stubborn opinionated person who doesn't hide anything from anyone.. I guess its because if I did get a bad reaction I am confident enough to laugh and stay completely assured that there is nothing wrong with being a little, because there isn't. I explained DDLG as a part of who I am, but I am not sexual in littlespace at all, no bad reactions either, not even towards the people who are sexual.

The people I explained it all to are all very different people in their views, ages, everything, yet they are all so supportive, some even found their little/care giver side.. I can honestly say I have had no bad reactions.. Hell I even cried and confessed all the little stuff (bottles, paci's, sippy cups, etc) that I had in my room to my two of the guys I live with because I was scared people would find them (I hadn't slept for 38 hours because decided I had too much to do, so I was cranky and not thinking straight).. both litrally turned around and said "so whats the problem? there is nothing at all wrong with that.. you're just upset and need sleep", I also told my auntie, she actually decided she was one too, I can honestly say, from my friends, to family, to housemates.. I have had no bad reactions at all, they have all been so positive and barely even reacted, they just seen it as normal, one even said "don't ever stop being a little, because its a part of you and if you stopped being you, well it would kind of suck!"

Because the people who matter won't judge and those that judge don't matter.

My point is, never be afraid to tell someone that you are a little, because if they care they will support you and if they don't support you they don't deserve you :) You are normal, you are amazing and you should always be you.

Yea go for it little girl.

I Decided to stop hiding my little side, some time ago now.
Didn't make any big announcement to anybody, just decided to start being myself.
And I haven't had any really bad reactions from any of my friends or work colleagues.

Making the choice to be little 24/7 was right for me it took me ages to make my mind up because of the fear Factor.

I also made the choice not to do some things that grown ups do like watching scary or violent films.

And to do some thing that a parent would expect a child to do. Things like bed time. And afternoon naps. Saying Places and Thank you.

This Actually has helped as I feel a lot happier inside.

I had no need to worry. Living life to the full and trying not to take on any "false evidence appearing real" (FEAR). Is so much better that trying to be the person that I think somebody else wants me to be. That sucks as you put it. And I don't mean in a Pacifier sort of way.

I love beeing a little boy, I don't think that I will ever grow up. And I Don't really want to. So there.

Sisi.

I have had an extremely similar experience. With exception of my parents, who accept me now but didn't at first, everybody else in my life that I have told about my little side to has been accepting. The only people I don't tell, which in some ways makes me sad, is the people I work with. I don't tell them because I work at an elementary school and I would just rather avoid all possible confusion and assumptions when it comes to that.

That is so awesome that you got such positive reactions! :) i feel that your message is great and people should feel comfortable with themselves. I just know it can be harder for some people. Like, if i ever felt the need to "come out" about being little, i feel like it would not be much of a surprise because it ties in a lot to my usual behavior/personality. But i know for some people, their public appearance and personal side are like night and day. I feel like oftentimes it's the confusion over such a big switch that can lead a lot of people to giving negative responses. Still, those who condemn you for being you don't care enough about you to deserve your time anyway in my opinion.

Littlebelle and Sisi why do you have to live so far from me you seem like cool peeps :(

I have told only a handful of people and had good reactions but these were close friends and can't imagine telling anyone else.

I am suppressed that you got so many good reactions on a count of the majority of the UK being quite conservative and non liberal but I am also glad that you did.

I'm really happy for you Littlebelle & Sisi and I'm glad being open about it has worked out well for you both. To be honest I don't think I would want to be open about it with anyone except a significant other or people who I already knew had a similar interest in it all though. That's just me though as I can see it causing too many problems in my professional and social circles and also where with me it's more of a sexual thing then with some others on here it's something that I would want to keep in my own home and between me and any future partner.

I guess I would always advise people to be really careful and think it through before telling others though as there is still a lot of misunderstanding around it and although it may work out for one person it could go very differently for someone else.

Hi than you for you kind comets.

For me I have decided to relax and be my self with is "little." As we call it. I see thing in a child like way. And have chosen to do things that a child would do. Play with toys, suck on my pacifier, and cuddle Rex my soft toy bog. Rex. Garr woff.

I don't go arould say that i am still a boy in a big boby. I let people work that out for them selfs and if they ask question I tell them the truth. This way I seem to be accepted.

I have thought about coming out to like everyone by getting a school uniform from http://www.adult-size-school-uniform.com/

I would look a very smart little boy in my uniform I am shore, but this would of been interesting at work to say the least.

But this is for role playing.
All I wount is to live my live the way I'm comfortable with. And that's not trying to be something I'm not. Although there's nothing wrong in playing dress up and having fun.

I would encourage people to live their lives in a way that is right for them you don't have to go around saying I am this or I am that.

If you are going to tell someone about your little side. I would think about why you need to tell them. If you are being your self. You probably won't have to tell them anyway.

I think I've made my life a lot easier by the choices I have made. I know that I am happer.

Hope this makes sense

Sisi.

I glad it worked out for you but I on the other hand don't think I can enjoy that luxury. Almost everybody I know including some of my closest friends and my parents which are the most notable ones have a negative view on ABDL's. My brother knows about it and he doesn't really care as long as I do it quietly and secretly by myself which I have no problem doing because I do it all the time. If I were to ever tell anybody that I have a little side would be a girlfriend if I could ever get one but until that day I don't tell anybody about ever.

LittleBelle and Sisi, I applaud you for your bravery in being who you are. Wish I could do the same, but I'm afraid that with my career in the entertainment industry, it would be too risky a move. Maybe one day.

I'm glad you all have found such acceptance for this special part of you. It always makes me happy when people can be themselves.

For me, however, I don't actually want to be open about this side of me. Sure I would like to find like minded individuals who I can open up to and not feel embarrassed about it, but I also acknowledge that people are naturally judgmental. Even if they don't mean to be and even if it's not in a negative context, people take in whatever info you've given them (from your words, actions, demeanor, personality, etc.) and create this image of you that influences their interactions with you. I just prefer my discretion because I like my life exactly the way it is and I don't want people to look at me as a little.

AB/DL is a part of me, but over the past 2 years or so, it has started to become a small part of me in comparison to the numerous other aspects of my life. I generally prefer to show people those other sides of me.

But to each their own. If this is a large part of your life then be as open as you like. It is your life after all.

gnd567 said:
LittleBelle and Sisi, I applaud you for your bravery in being who you are. Wish I could do the same, but I'm afraid that with my career in the entertainment industry, it would be too risky a move. Maybe one day.

Miley already pretty much did it. (Whether she actually is or not. . . Whatever.) Talk to your agent/PR reps. They're called Spin Doctors for a reason. Remember, we live in a world where Olympian Bruce Jenner -- "A Man's Man" -- became a woman pretty much overnight. (Although, I have my own thoughts on this..) People are all about the drama, especially as it relates to a transformation. You could literally be the only person in history who's become famous for peeing his pants (or. . ?) on purpose. And let's face it, there are TONS of ABDL-themed scripts getting round-filed that could be immediately put into production phase when they've got a hot-ticket news/media item and a "natural" starring role.

I've always envisioned some cool ABDL roles that I'd love to play - Maybe like, a one-time cast as Ders' or Adam's high-school best-bud on Workaholics. Not only do I LOVE those guys, but, I've got a weird/awkward vibe that I'd probably fit in well with them.

Speaking of Hollywood ABDLs, ever wonder where Freddy Prinze, Jr disappeared to? Answer: TBHG knows. ;)

All in all, it really depends on who you are and the image you've cultivated for yourself within your immediate circle of people. If you're commonly regarded/known as a mature, conservative, "traditional" guy, your transition will not be as easy as say, a more effeminate, shy guy's, or a woman's, who would more easily be seen as infantile. (Thanks, society!)

There are other factors, too - How long have you been carrying this secret? How many people will feel betrayed, played, and lied to? I don't want to point out anyone in particular, but, there have been quite a few recent posts about 40+ married men, who, after 20+ years of marriage, have yet to tell their wives about this, who move money around to buy diapers/stuff, and do all this in secret. All the while, "playing the game" -- Being a typical husband and father, church leader, businessman.. Whatever -- Then admitting that this is something he's kept secret for decades - It goes 112% contrary to everything they've done up to that point in their lives.

If you want to "be honest" and "be yourself", you need to figure that out when you're 17, 18, 19. . . and start living it. Work hard for it. Get established sooner. Get a job (it doesn't have to be a fantastic job, anything will do!), get a car, pay your bills. MOVE OUT OF YOUR PARENT'S HOUSE. (Can't stress this part enough - Mom and Dad react ALOT LESS NEGATIVELY if you're not still living with them!) If this is something you want to be a part of your life (Let's face it, you do!), you need to be willing to accept yourself, which is the first step to being accepted by others. Find a (potential) mate. Be honest, and upfront about what you want from a relationship. Based on personal experience, I don't advise bringing it up on the first date. YMMV.

<excerpt from one of my 50+ first dates from Aug-Dec 2012)

Girl: "So, you're pretty hot. But you're single. WTF is your problem?"
Me: "Well, I like to wear diapers. I'm looking for a girl who would like to keep me in them."
Girl: "Wait, uhhh . . . What? Like, you wear them and use them, too? OMG, are you wearing one right now?"
Me: "Yeap. That's my thang. No, I'm not wearing one right now. But, would you be into that? "
Girl: "<Awkward Pause> That's. . . Not something you'd normally bring up on a first date. Like, why would you say that?"
Me: "I'm all about full-disclosure, here. Wouldn't you wanna know what you're getting into ahead of time?"
Girl: "Well, I guess. I mean, I might have been into something like that, because, I'm like, kinda kinky, I guess, but, when you spring it on me like that. . . I don't know. Probably not."
Me: "<to waiter> "Check please!"

EZ-PZ, dudes. They don't need to know everything up front, but you would do well to talk about it when you start talking about or bringing sex into the relationship. When it comes to people, nothing is a hard-and-fast rule; "Vanilla" chicks can be turnt; "Kinky" chicks can be judgemental, too. People suck. Having that talk sucks. It's an epoch, for sure, but, if you truly care about that person, you want to open up to them sooner rather than later, before you get too emotionally involved.

I don't know how else to wrap this up, but, "coming out" is gonna be different for everybody. There's no right way to do it, just lots of wrong ways, which, really aren't because you did it wrong, it's because of the tone you set 10, 20, 30, 40 + years before you decided to do it.

Last edited:
Such a beautiful and sweet lovely post LittleBelle. I worry everyday that I will never be loved by a lady. All I want is to love a lady with all my heart, to cuddle her, comfort her, nurture her, keep her cosy and warm, and do anything and everything to make her feel loved, protected. Safe and happy. Until then I have my Teddy Bear to cuddle up to each night and I really love wearing my Nappies. My latest comforter is my Dummy, I am sucking my Dummy right now and it just really helps me forget my problems at bedtime, I will always love pretending to be a baby in my Nappies with my Teddy Bear and Dummy.

Such a beautiful post LittleBelle :) x x

Trisy said:
<excerpt from one of my 50+ first dates from Aug-Dec 2012)

Girl: "So, you're pretty hot. But you're single. WTF is your problem?"
Me: "Well, I like to wear diapers. I'm looking for a girl who would like to keep me in them."
Girl: "Wait, uhhh . . . What? Like, you wear them and use them, too? OMG, are you wearing one right now?"
Me: "Yeap. That's my thang. No, I'm not wearing one right now. But, would you be into that? "
Girl: "<Awkward Pause> That's. . . Not something you'd normally bring up on a first date. Like, why would you say that?"
Me: "I'm all about full-disclosure, here. Wouldn't you wanna know what you're getting into ahead of time?"
Girl: "Well, I guess. I mean, I might have been into something like that, because, I'm like, kinda kinky, I guess, but, when you spring it on me like that. . . I don't know. Probably not."
Me: "<to waiter> "Check please!"

I get that, telling someone too soon can cause them to be uncomfortable if it's too soon. I do believe though that it is good to disclose things soon though so that a person doesn't waste their time in a relationship, but not on the first date or right away.

Hello guys! thank you all for your replies, I have read all of them and hope to respond to each of you this weekend, life is crazy right now! It doesn't matter who you are though, be yourself, I am a business woman and law student but I never worry people won't take me seriously because of my little side because when I am in adult mode I know that I am powerful, even the people who have seen me in full blown little mode come to me for serious advice and know I will get things done.

As long as you tell people with full confidence in yourself, they are likely to accept it and even if they didn't, if they are too close minded to accept you for you, they are not worth your time. I am a hugely confident person and I guess its because I say things in such a casual confident way that people don't question it and you can too. An example of this is which I was thinking of was one of my friends is quite dominant, he tends to be protective and likes to boss people about, but no one questions him, he is very confident, where as another one of my friends who says things in a less confident manner tries the same things with the same people and people don't really listen and tend to have a problem with it, yet they don't have a problem with my first friend or even notice how bossy he is, just some food for thought :)

I think I am just going to start being who I am, now I am going to go off on a short rant. First off I have Autism Spectrum Disorder, I was diagnosed at the age of 29, had I been diagnosed before 2013, I could of received an Asperger's diagnosis. There are a lot of things are hard for me to cope with in this world, stress of not having a decent paying job, large student loan debt I'll never be able to repay, the social skills needed to effectively function in a full-time job. Some things that help me cope with these problems are things that many children give up as toddlers or in early elementary school; things like my paci, sleeping with a stuffed animal, and sippy cup. I think I will just start using some of these items in public, for instance I might drink from a sippy cup on the bus and train, when I go for my next MRI appointment on my brain, I will take my paci and stuffed animal with me into the exam room. In my backpack, I will keep my stuffed animal packed with my diapers, wipes, and sippy cups. My last MRI appointment was when I was 16, and at that time they just gave me some ear plugs to block out the noise, but I was so scared and needed something to comfort me. Before that my last MRI was when I was 12, but they sedated me because I couldn't stay still. My biggest issue is that even though I am 30 years old, and look like a teenager, my social-emotional level is still at that of a preschool-1st grader.

For me, I am never truly sure if it would work out for me. My mom would be understanding and possibly joyful that she gets some aspect of her little baby that she wants back (and I'd get more attention from my mommy). As for my dad, I'd be risking my place in our family or the risk of being kicked out. He hates it when any of his 'sons' (we're all adopted) has views different from him. I nearly got grounded for a whole year because I supported gay marriage. What got me out of that grounding was the statement was "Your morals aren't mine. I don't know what true happiness means, but if it means being with your one true love, who am I to place a spike or sword in the way." He never likes anything nontraditional; my long hair (which I was forced to cut), my hippie bag (still have, but they call it a purse), or my philosophical view that we should build up our own faith life style from the church rather than using it as a crutch. He should be proud I am his only son who hasn't turned to drugs, smoking, or drinking. Sure I was never the next football player he wanted, but I still am the one who will be graduating college on time!

I am a little! I like to wear diapers and act childish! I like to draw, read, and cuddle! In a world where everything is starting to look bleak, I say we all need something to keep us preoccupied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back