Swim diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you fit in 4-5T pull up style pants, then I suppose you Might fit in swim diapers. I only know of one brand, huggies little swimmers. Though I really mean you Might fit in them, I could "fit" in pull-ups at one point when I was younger, and I had a heck of a time putting on a swim diaper without breaking it, only managed it once.

I have a skinny waste, they fit perfectly. I was just wondering if normal diapers would do the trick of swim diapers

If you fit the swim diapers, then for sure the normal diapers would be ok. As far as doing the trick of swim diapers, I would say no. They swell up in the pool, and leak sap. If thats what your asking.

Oh, so that's why swim diapers exist :sweatdrop:

Swim diapers aren't made to hold urine, but the other stuff when kids are swimming. Chlorine takes care of the rest.

Ok that makes sense. I'll try them out. I'm house sitting this weekend and my friend has a pool so I figured y not

Princes said:
Ok that makes sense. I'll try them out. I'm house sitting this weekend and my friend has a pool so I figured y not

Enjoy. Also for experimenting, you might try wearing a regular diaper in a shower and see what happens. Because that's what would happen to it in a pool. It's kind of fun, actually, I've done it a couple times.

Swim diapers are designed around making a tight seal so if you poop, none of it gets out into the water, but they're not perfectly water tight and won't hold pee, as already noted.

Well thanks for the advice. I feel like a real dummy for not understanding the purpose of swim diapers are :sweatdrop:. I'll try both of them on Friday though, I'm kind of excited about super puffing a diaper

ArchieRoni said:
Enjoy. Also for experimenting, you might try wearing a regular diaper in a shower and see what happens. Because that's what would happen to it in a pool. It's kind of fun, actually, I've done it a couple times.

Ditto, you really can't quite get a diaper to swell as big using it normally ...

It sucks if you accidentally burst it in the shower, though. :p

It's the weekend and I tried going in without swimming diapers and it was actually pretty fun. It made me feel... different then usual but I really enjoyed it. Also, when I got out I chilled on the couch and it felt good (had a major waddle tho).

See what happens when you wear a diaper in the shower? Yeah, the same thing happens in the pool, except, the chlorine helps break down the plastic parts a bit more and explosions are more likely to occur. When this happens, the SAP/fluff tends to make its way to the filters, clogging them, and possibly damaging the pumps, as well, resulting in thousands of dollars in repairs. You really don't want to have to explain to your friend why/how you broke their pool. Don't wear a disposable diaper in a swimming pool.

As for real swim diapers, I wear these: http://www.amazon.com/Special-Needs-Swim-Diaper-Reusable/dp/B001TPYHJA

Recently lost enough weight that the Medium no longer fit right, went to a small. (yay!) Had you visited my blog earlier in the week, you could have bought my medium one (in pink!) that we had for sale for about half price. In any case, I suggest the Up360 Swim Diapers - good quality stuff. Be forewarned, they hold alot of water. You'll definitely need to get the water out of them by pulling both leg bands when you get out of the pool. Shake your booty a bit, too, it helps. Otherwise, when you go to take them off, you'll be standing in a pretty significant puddle in the locker room. (Ask me how I know!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back